Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What work is she doing at a desk for 20 hours exactly!?
Exactly.

I lost patience the moment she went mainstream tbh. The moment she did this she was no longer struggling no matter what she said and protested,

She is now beyond disgusting.

Twenty hours at a desk my arse.

Reactions: 7
What work is she doing at a desk for 20 hours exactly!?
Poor Jack isn't particularly bright. If you're going to lie at least make it not totally obvious.

She's had so many people blowing smoke up her she genuinely believes her own hype. Well done for doing recipes for people that have never had to budget, but any originality or genuineness left many years ago. Makes me think she voluntarily chose hardship to pretend to be a common person for attention to get a media career.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Poor Jack isn't particularly bright. If you're going to lie at least make it not totally obvious.

She's had so many people blowing smoke up her she genuinely believes her own hype. Well done for doing recipes for people that have never had to budget, but any originality or genuineness left many years ago. Makes me think she voluntarily chose hardship to pretend to be a common person for attention to get a media career.
Without a doubt 💅🏻

Two weeks or so ago she was saying she always splurges on expensive things when she gets a book advance so that she has something of value to sell should times get tough again. For her third book it was a Burberry trench coat and a Burberry leather jacket.

I guess she has forgotten about that now.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
20 hours "working". I guarantee you at least 10 of those are her on social media.

Reactions: 8
“Paying yourself” £8 an hour while the rest sits safely with your accountant or in savings is NOT the same as getting £8 an hour and living payday to payday. Also 20hours a week is very much part time Jack you sanctimonious little prick. You can take your tins and swivel.

Reactions: 18
It's 20 hours a DAY!! Don't you know Jack works harder and longer than anyone else ever?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's 20 hours a DAY!! Don't you know Jack works harder and longer than anyone else ever?
Still 20 hours a day, at the famous £8 an hour she pays herself so £160 a day. Let's say she does this 5 days a week - that £800 a week, £3,200 a month before tax. Not including any paid appearances. And this witch wants me to PayPal her some money? Get fucked. I didn't realise how much I didn't like her until I did that maths.

Reactions: 35
I don’t actually mind them selling prints, it’s an actual product so what they want. It’s grinding my gears that she’s saying “boohoo it’s hard for freelancers” it’s hard for EVERYONE, write some bleeping articles or something, at least you have the option to do some work from home to replace the work you lost. I hope she bleeping sees this. Lots of love, an actual working class woman who has to go into work.

Reactions: 13
Good point here - don’t behave like a charity if you can’t handle any scrutiny.
Oh my goodness this has really pissed me off. The condescending reply was so damn uneccesary- “I don’t have time for that cute tit hun” oh please duck off. Absolutely reeks of defensiveness, such an over reaction to a perfectly reasonable suggestion. Not to mention that ludicrous lie. 20 hours ? NO ONE believes that. If you are going to pretend you work hard, say 12 hours. No one is swallowing that you sat down to work at 6am and kept steadily at till 2 am. I hate the way people show off about working hard, even worse when they show off about a blatant lie...

I can’t believe how much she enrages me these days. She’s horrendous, an embarrassment to liberals (not to mention amazing fodder for the right) I also can’t believe when she first became famous I actually thought she was pretty cool. I loved the cooking on a bootstrap concept, still do I guess. But she has to be one of the most infuriating figures in public life right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also it’s the weekend. Where’s her son if she’s working 20 hours? Who is looking after him / playing with him / helping with his homework?

Reactions: 8
I could be wrong and being completely blind but I think she has deleted the tweet, while also deleting the criticism 🤪

Reactions: 2
Working 20 hours a day is ridiculous. She is trying to show she's the most hardworking, productive person ever. When in reality she's the complete opposite.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.