Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
90 hours a week! Yeah right. Probably even counts cooking meals in that as “recipe testing”.
Did you find Tattle hard to get onto today? Lots of wierd things about 'security certificates'? Seems very quiet with lots of threads with no posts after about 12 last night.

Reactions: 4
Did you find Tattle hard to get onto today? Lots of wierd things about 'security certificates'? Seems very quiet with lots of threads with no posts after about 12 last night.
Same, I threw caution to the wind though, as did you it appears :m

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It was down earlier, (and still seems to have an invalid certificate). They mentioned on Twitter that they were trying to get the site back, but I do hope they fix the certificate.

Reactions: 3
It was down earlier, (and still seems to have an invalid certificate). They mentioned on Twitter that they were trying to get the site back, but I do hope they fix the certificate.
Maybe the influencers were on a black ops mission to hack the site and reveal our true identities 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her partner will be on a high salary, pretty sure they could survive on her wage if times are that tough (which I doubt they are).

Reactions: 11
NO ONE
-is poorer
- works harder
- has faced more adversity
- is generally more hard done by

Than jack monroe.
If you're working 90 hours a week and not making ends meet, you probably need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Also, her Mrs will make around 80 grand. I wouldn't want to have to live off my partner, but I'd rather that than ask vulnerable people on Twitter for money.

Reactions: 29
If you're working 90 hours a week and not making ends meet, you probably need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Also, her Mrs will make around 80 grand. I wouldn't want to have to live off my partner, but I'd rather that than ask vulnerable people on Twitter for money.
She just thrives off attention.

The one that amused me most was when she made a big announcement she used to be a sex worker (like it was some big deal) and wrote that all the papers can write what they want now i've outed myself...

Not one newspaper even covered it.

Only time it did was when she talked about it in a interview and spun a Dickensian yarn about bring so destitute she had to sell herself to feed her child.

Screenshot_20200314-121044.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
If she's begging for money she should release details of her finances quite frankly.

She has many fingers in many pies so she's either wasting the money or lying about needing it. Either way she shouldn't be accepting money from lots of her followers who say they don't have much themselves.

the patreon money alone is probably more than someone on Min wage makes. I wouldn't be surprised if she's pulling in 5 figures each month.

Reactions: 16
There are people on twitter enabling her to scam money out of the more gullible.

Plus the grovelling virtue signallers, desperate to demonstrate how kind and full of social conscience they are.

She put up a Paypal link for direct donations, referring to them as ‘tips’. How thick are these sycophants?

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I have firsthand knowledge of a City firm that was considering paying Jack a non-trivial amount of money to come and speak on International Women’s Day before the organisers saw sense. If Jack is broke, then where’s all the money going?

Well, prostitution was a new one on me. Hadn’t heard that before. I do wonder if she’s a complete fantasist sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This grift has seriously enraged me. I unfollowed Jack a couple of years back after the grinding, woke martyrdom became unbearable (and I am very far left) but I still see some of her tweets via various friends.

Leaving aside perceived historic family wealth and the fact that she voluntarily left a well-paid job and her decently paid live-in partner and I don't believe the sex worker stuff for a second, I really wonder what kind of family with not only a decent income but CONSIDERABLE extra cash flow from fostering (https://www.gov.uk/foster-carers/help-with-the-cost-of-fostering - over £200 weekly per child plus tax breaks) would let their own child and grandchild live on the breadline. Especially in Greek Cypriot culture which is super family orientated.

The very best benefit of the doubt I can give Jack is that she did experience some financial struggle at some point, and I know from personal experience that poverty is a trauma that echoes throughout your life. However, even if Jack did experience this, she needs to understand that she should be seeking help with the effects of that trauma, rather than begging for money from people who have considerably less.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have firsthand knowledge of a City firm that was considering paying Jack a non-trivial amount of money to come and speak on International Women’s Day before the organisers saw sense. If Jack is broke, then where’s all the money going?
I can imagine she's paid £2000-4000 for attending a corporate along side free lunch and executive transport from her door so she doesn't have to brave public transport. Not bad for a few hours work.

She's worrying about losing these events so seems to be trying to hoover up as much money as possible right at the start of this while people still have it.

I can imagine she's paid £2000-4000 for attending a corporate along side free lunch and executive transport from her door so she doesn't have to brave public transport. Not bad for a few hours work.

She's worrying about losing these events so seems to be trying to hoover up as much money as possible right at the start of this while people still have it.
Yep, she’s basically stockpiling goodwill via cash donations while the getting is good. It’s appalling.

In a month she’ll switch to dishing out scraps of charitable behaviour which will be minuscule compared to what she’s raking in at the moment.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.