Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. She has to commute to London
2. The commute gives her anxiety due her being 'immunocompromised'
3. She's struggling to pay for her train fares
4. Jamie makes more money than her
5. Other cooking shows get more views than hers and its not fair as she is the 'store cupboard pioneer'.
6. Due to commuting she is struggling to make time at home for anything.
7. Other cooking shows are stealing her ideas. She invented the jackfruit and chickpea, aren't you aware??
8. Jamie is more popular than her
9. She's physically and mentally exhausted. She cares for a son, commutes, runs a house and writes recipes.
10. Please donate to paypal she's skint on the breadline.

The list could go on.
Can you make this into a bingo card and we can watch the first episode and see how many we are able to immediately tick off?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The co presenter is the Saturday Kitchen presenter, which I think is currently off air. He us a proper chef and I presume he’s under contract so they gave to find work for him.

Reactions: 9
😭 this gonna be fun to watch.

What a bleeping melon, all her shady tit towards Jamie Oliver paid off, let’s be honest her girlfriend works for the BBC and she got all the little celeb fan girl-ling round her, it’s not what you know it’s who you know. All the self isolation pleading poverty goes out the window and I can see this only being a short gig once they see what an awkward tit she is onscreen. Look how roasted she was on Twitter for a small 10 min gig on This Morning!

Reactions: 8
F4540B5D-0EF7-4ADB-8485-D74460A39E02.jpeg
Don’t know about anyone else, but yes it’s cheered me up no end, knowing that she’s got her tv show. Forgot all about the horrors of corona and quarantine. Thanks, Jack 👍

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
View attachment 102929
Don’t know about anyone else, but yes it’s cheered me up no end, knowing that she’s got her tv show. Forgot all about the horrors of corona and quarantine. Thanks, Jack 👍
No spoilers in the comments = make sure everyone has to go the website so Jack gets plenty of ad money whilst announcing her new paid gig.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Yel

No spoilers in the comments = make sure everyone has to go the website so Jack gets plenty of ad money whilst announcing her new paid gig.
I thought she was always complaining about how much it costs to host her website without charging people 🤥 so surely she wouldn't want more visitors giving her more ad money 😆

The site will go down and she'll ask for more money to host it🙄

Reactions: 13

What a bleeping melon, all her shady tit towards Jamie Oliver paid off, let’s be honest her girlfriend works for the BBC and she got all the little celeb fan girl-ling round her, it’s not what you know it’s who you know. All the self isolation pleading poverty goes out the window and I can see this only being a short gig once they see what an awkward tit she is onscreen. Look how roasted she was on Twitter for a small 10 min gig on This Morning!
If I was her I'd be at least slightly embarassed by the fact that I got a job for not my own merit, but because of my fans being bullies, of course she has no sense of self awareness

Reactions: 19
6 days ago she posted she was immunocompromised and couldn't leave the house.
All immunocompromised people recieved letters saying not to leave the house for 12 weeks.
But now its ok for her to go out??
She's such a bleeping liar.
View attachment 102882
Well aware this is utterly bitchy but I do hope she washes her hair before appearing on television. That combined with coconut milk and spaghetti hoops might tip me into never eating again :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It’s a two week gig. She just sent out an email. A very disingenuous and faux reticent about everything including talking about how she will still only draw the living wage.

I missed the roasting. Her g/f used to work at the BBC but has been at Channel 4 for a few years now and just landed a new well paid job there.

Reactions: 4
It’s a two week gig. She just sent out an email. A very disingenuous and faux reticent about everything including talking about how she will still only draw the living wage.
Yawn, the whole ‘I will draw the living wage is so dull’. When the rest of the money is paid into your account for later dates, it is such an invalid point.
The only good thing to come out of this is that the BBC will realise how shite her recipes are, and that will be the end of the show.

Reactions: 18
She could pay herself more and stop begging for PayPal donations, but where's the fun in that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I thought she was always complaining about how much it costs to host her website without charging people 🤥 so surely she wouldn't want more visitors giving her more ad money 😆

The site will go down and she'll ask for more money to host it🙄
Just gone on her site for the first time and it's a visual cluster duck, isn't it. There's a plugin called Ghostery which anyone can use - she has awin affiliate tracking & google adsense & some other social stuff so it's thoroughly monetised, but absurdly no Google Analytics? I've checked her source code & I can't see anything else analytics-y (disclosure: not a web dev so may have missed it) which is really odd considering she's always been online, plus these sorts of insights should be really important to her and help her pitch to brands?!

Maybe one to add to the 20 hour a day to do list once you've finished organising your books x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If I was her I'd be at least slightly embarassed by the fact that I got a job for not my own merit, but because of my fans being bullies, of course she has no sense of self awareness
She must have known this was in the pipeline so why all the farking vitriol towards Jamie?

Reactions: 17

I missed the roasting. Her g/f used to work at the BBC but has been at Channel 4 for a few years now and just landed a new well paid job there.
Ahh ok last I read she worked at VD show still looks like a highly paid job so why is Jack begging her followers for donations, very strange!

Reactions: 2
I wonder how many of her Twitter gang of bullies will campaign for her to get further telly work when they see how awkward she is at presenting?

Reactions: 9
Will be interesting to see the format of this show. Will Jack be a full co-presenter (with her lack of presenting experience I’d be surprised) or will it be Matt Tebbutt’s show with Jack getting ten minutes of airtime 😄

Reactions: 6
Will be interesting to see the format of this show. Will Jack be a full co-presenter (with her lack of presenting experience I’d be surprised) or will it be Matt Tebbutt’s show with Jack getting ten minutes of airtime 😄
Matt Tebbutt looks like the man who sexually harassed me at one of my first jobs and so I can't stomach watching him at the best of times. He's quite posh, isn't he? Wonder how she'll be around him. Whether she'll rattle on about how hard and unprivileged her life is compared to his.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.