Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
My daughter is on way home and texted asking what’s for tea. I’ve told her curried liver. Suspect she’ll just stay on the bus forever.
Good call for her. 😉
😅also don't be surprised if man in white coats come to take you on "special journey" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Malacandra

There was a thing in the press a while back. Some newspaper was shaming a ex-soap actor for now working in retail (I think) and lots of actors spoke out because 1) it's the nature of the industry that you may need to do other work in-between gigs 2) there's nothing shameful for working any job to feed yourself and your family.
When I worked in the public sector, many of our temps were actors, some of whom were quite well-known faces. A few of them actually eventually packed in the acting and stayed on permanently.

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Shouldn't she inform the council that the "shitty bungalow" is being used for business purposes rather than just residential? My uncle got into a shed load of trouble for running a business from a private dwelling, and all he was doing was the office admin. Something to do with business rates rather that residential council tax, not exactly sure, but he had a lot of money to shell out.

All that needs to happen is someone to report her, as happened to my uncle (who has joined Viv, god rest her) and she will be be under investigation.
I imagine the landlord would be a bit concerned about that as they may end up having to foot any bill.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Incywincy

Chatty Member
Still grunkering on here, yes incy you're very welcome to 😘
I used one of my other pieces of photoshop art as my own😂
I am crying. Thank you!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Love yours too! And, I forget who it is, but the angry kid with the black eye 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Her publisher and agent and god knows who else from her professional life follow her on twitter.

I am wondering if the asda smart price shop is some sort of subliminal messaging to them that the next book will be the equivalent of smart price sausages and blended instant mash.

I am just getting cheap yellow paper, typos, and "three books for a pound" bargain bin vibes.

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Can you imagine Jack's recipe for sausage, mash, peas and gravy?

INGREDIENTS
6 x sausages (3p each)
Asda essential cola (17p) - to marinade the sausages
1 tin of sweetcorn INC. ephemera
Instant potato mash
POBP
1 tin spaghetti hoops (rinsed) mixed with 1 tin of marrowfat peas
red lentils
Gravy granules
1 kilo lard
Handful of kale
1 tin Tesco finest sardines
1 5 day old bag of lettuce
1 cup cold tea
3 tablespoons tomato puree mixed with 500ml stock & some tiny bits of carrot

EQUIPMENT
Bullet blender
Slow cooker
Mandolin
Sieve
Chainsaw
Le Creuset casserole dish
Sunglasses
Potato ricer
Air Fryer (aff link)

• Haha

Droosie123

VIP Member
I would just like to be 100% clear that I am not saying she hasn't paid her tax bill - I do not want the Israeli lawyer onto me! I am sure it was paid in full during the 2019/20 business year and hopefully all the tax due for that year, has been put aside nicely in the business bank account. We shall see at some point in the next few months...
Basically then if she has that tax bill and has paid it then she isn't down on her uppers in any way. Patreon etc.....and she says she pays two thirds of her income in rent.
That I don't believe ...4k in rent isn't believable. I do think she's paying up to 2k a month though. A bungalow in Thorpe Bay isn't going to be cheap to rent.

Ironically she could rent a large two bed flat for well under a grand but she'd have to move a couple of miles and I do get that she might not want to do this at the moment. It's likely her son is now in Y6 though so no reason she couldn't make a move next year to something cheaper.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Malacandra

What snack is she talking about in the 2019 excerpt?
ETA never mind I found it https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2019/03/18/spicy-snack-peas-recipe/
Further ETA - very inventive, Jack 🙄https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/fried-chickpeas
EXCUSE ME! I think that you will find that I invented these 30 years ago but flavoured with curry spices for drinkies nibbles.

Ah shit I know it’s bad form to mock her fans but.....View attachment 255734
Jesus wept

• Haha

BettyBetty

Thank you @Pocahontas - I live for these summaries! These threads move so fast! On my lunch break, will be back later to grunka my way through the last thread and this!

• Heart