Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
I’m Northern Irish and I’ve never had instant mash — not keen (love champ though), but definitely agree. Surely actual potatoes are easier, cheaper, more nutritious — unless ... you’re living in the Space Station?

Hmm, maybe JM is an actual Space Cadet
OSLO. Outer Space Liaison Officer.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

BollockSausage

BeautifulTrauma said:
I knew it wasn’t her, but reminded me of her. And I was definitely not aware of Lucifer, however someone being called Jack Monroe being in the show with the title the name commonly associated with the devil is somewhat ironic 😂
Some more irony: apparently the Jack Monroe character is also “gender-swapping”.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

busylass

Chatty Member
I've been working today on some research around the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage. According to the gov.uk site, self employed people running their own business and company directors are not entitled to the NMW or NLW. Jack is registered as a director on Companies House. I know jack shit about running a company or being self employed so does this mean that she shouldn't be paying herself the NLW?

Atisketatasket

‘For many reasons...’
‘Tattle spotted my £300 sentient mirror & I’m worried my patreons might realise I’m not poor’.
Or ‘tattle si všiml mého vnímajícího zrcadla 300 liber a obávám se, že by si moji patroni mohli uvědomit, že nejsem chudý’ (Czech)
A good gentle scrub

• Haha

Traazers

VIP Member
" Moonshine Mash first appeared in Cooking On A Bootstrap, a bootleg riff on polenta made with potatoes and corn. I so named it because ‘hooch’, or moonshine, is typically made from potatoes or corn, and the idea of my own sneaky irreverent take on something usually considered quite special rather tickled me. "

What is she talking about? Is she referring to moonshine or actual mash as special? What???

Reactions: 7