Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
We had cauliflower cheese this evening.

Cauliflower in the steamer (so not wet and soggy), perfect, thick, white sauce made by Mr D, loads of really strong Cheddar in it. It was lovely.

Would have been perfect with some thick cut chips and crispy onions on top, but I'm not going to complain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Spoonfulofjam

Does anyone find a connection with obesity and money issues? I have no stop button for food/wine/spending money.
I know what to do to lose weight, i have a good job, i am good at my job, i can exercise, but I just can't stick to my calorie limits. Also, have spent my whole life overspending. It is a bit embarassing tbh. I am over a certain age now and should know better :unsure:
I wanted to explore this to sort out my relationship with food/money/self --- contacted a counsellor but it wasn't the right one all she did was talk me through CBT. It didn't really help.
I hear you. This is me.

• Heart
  • Sad

Inagaddadaleela

I don't really know the ins and outs of Twitter and Instagram but wasn't there a thing that Colleen Rooney did where she set some posts to private to catch out Rebecca Vardy? Could she be doing that? Trying to work out if anyone "out to get her" is on her accounts already based on who has viewed it and how soon it appears here/elsewhere? Again, I don't do Twitter at all and only have a family Instagram account for pictures of my children, so maybe I'm way off base here.

I've been able to access non-CBT therapy through a charity and now through a counselling service that offers open ended long term reduced fee sessions. It can take a bit of hunting about but often there is something out there.

I've struggled with my weight since my teenage years. I put a lot of weight on when I was at uni and managed to lose it all the year following my graduation. I was largely able to maintain this for most of my twenties. Then I was put on sertraline to manage my anxiety problems and it made me so hungry. I put on 2 thirds of what I had lost in under a year. I felt awful, I wasn't fitting into my clothes, I hated photos, I got comments from my parents. I came off the sertraline and worked really hard to get it off. Got nearly there, injured my foot, couldn't exercise, put it all on again. Started to lose it again, lost half of it and then bam, pandemic, stuck at home. Even though I'm eating the same or less than before pandemic, and cycling, swimming, using indoor equipment, it's just not going. I feel so massively frustrated. I don't like eating in front of people because I'd had people make comments 'that's why you're fat' when a thin girl who eats a whole pizza and then some doesn't get any flack. Just finished watching the Gilmore Girls and if you sized up Lorelai and Rory their diet wouldn't be seen in the same light.
Thank you @Icing _on_ the_cake and @chocolate choux for these helpful suggestions. I think I might take a look and might try a book first, but I might do some serious indepth research and find a counselling service that might suit me better.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I dont really want to comment on body size or shapes, but her legs in particular are quite thin. But she has a gangly kinda shape anyway for her height.
It's not good :(. I hope she gets help.
The whole "Oh god, my food bills are going to go up feeding my own child" fills me with absolute rage. What about all the food she wastes makes "recipe testing", didn't she make herself five dishes the other day? Food for her child is surely a priority over all the other crap she buys? (And if she actually really liked food it would be a joy and pleasure to feed him).
Selling a side board might help if she is genuinely worried about money for food.

I really do believe a month off would do Jack good. An actual month of not using a phone other than to call family and friends. The mental toll her online twitter interaction takes is astonishing. I really think she could do a month off if she really tried.

Reactions: 14

bananasplit88

VIP Member
Hmmm, it's a tough one because I *do* like Jamie, but I'm inclined to agree - I too would rather see Jack on the show. I'm sure it would be hilarious.
I'd love to see her attempt another TM segment. It's the least we deserve for following her shitshow for months.

Reactions: 14