Jack Monroe #561 Me. I happened. You're welcome

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winning thread title suggested by @Brian Butterfield after @rage naan brought up this old tweet of guest's:

You each win a designer full length mirror to look in and admire yourselves, paid for by the Patreon cash of donors who think you're desperately poor.

Recap: Still no guest but the heat on Xwitter has shifted away from her slightly and onto fellow Southend-based grifter Simon Harris. Mitherings in the last thread included "bread and jam gave me PTSD!" (leading to many amusing canal guesses as to what stories guest could sell to Take a Break magazine.) We also discussed her bungamansion, out of control spending, "I was a teenage skinhead" (spoilers: she wasn't) and unsettling attempts to imitate Allegra.

Excitingly, publishing frau @CleverUserNameGoesHere says the memememememoir may not be cancelled after all! Let's keep our eyes peeled!

Whakawhetai (wāhi) koe! Wiki on the pink button as always.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Here's something to cheer everyone up on this miserable Thursday morning. 79 seconds of the Del Monte live stream.

Feel free to use this as a showreel, Jack xoxo

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 98
Re: mithering about guest's purchases of 'investment pieces' in case of future poverty. This irritates me very much. Like, I'm sure there are things you could buy that would keep their value/increase in value over time (what? IDK, gold bars? Diamonds? Artwork by as-yet-undiscovered masters of their craft?) But surely designer clothing would have to be kept in absolutely perfect condition to even retain its value, let alone increase in worth? So regularly wearing your butter-soft leather leggings would probably stop them from being any kind of reasonable insurance against future poverty? Seems like such an insulting excuse for buying expensive things 🙄 Ridiculous to justify luxury purchases (which you of course have every right to make, assuming you earned the money honestly) by pretending that it's cos you're just *so scared* of falling into poverty again.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Re: mithering about guest's purchases of 'investment pieces' in case of future poverty. This irritates me very much. Like, I'm sure there are things you could buy that would keep their value/increase in value over time (what? IDK, gold bars? Diamonds? Artwork by as-yet-undiscovered masters of their craft?) But surely designer clothing would have to be kept in absolutely perfect condition to even retain its value, let alone increase in worth? So regularly wearing your butter-soft leather leggings would probably stop them from being any kind of reasonable insurance against future poverty? Seems like such an insulting excuse for buying expensive things 🙄 Ridiculous to justify luxury purchases (which you of course have every right to make, assuming you earned the money honestly) by pretending that it's cos you're just *so scared* of falling into poverty again.
In the complex Jackonomy this depreciation is offset by the savings generated by owning and operating a large labradoodle.

• Haha
Reactions: 80
As an intermittent povvo, depending on my mental health, Jack has always rubbed me up the wrong way so I've been paying more and more attention to her grift and fuming about how long she's been getting away with it.

These threads are fun though, especially the receipts and proof. Bonjour, by the way 👋🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Here's something to cheer everyone up on this miserable Thursday morning. 79 seconds of the Del Monte live stream.

View attachment 2681915
Her NOSE oh my god

Iirc she said that investment piece bollocks about some fugly designer bag that cost hundreds, and then went on to show off about spilling a bottle of whisky inside it and how her kid drew all over it in crayon and set fire to it or something
I think she thought it would become a collectors item because The Grand Saviour of the Povs Dr Dr Jack Monroe PhD PhD once owned it or something. People gathering round, gasping at how it's been chewed by an untrained dog, it must be authentic, here, let me give you £1000000 for it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
The main function of the investment pieces was so Vengeful Flying Monkeys could tweet, "She's already said she buys one nice thing with every book advance, besides she sent me a packet of Tootie-Frooties (remember them) with the last advance and I posted her back the green ones as she is lovely and we are so close, OMFG you people are obsessed etc etc"

• Haha
Reactions: 48

View attachment 2681915
Said it once and I’ll say it again, Gilbert and Jack have never been in the same room at the same time (incidentally, having not watched the Del Monte videos since 2020, the birds tweeting in the background gave me flashbacks to that bloody odd summer!).

The similarities are clear: the glasses, the leaping into shot, the disorganisation, blaming others for the poor tech…

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The main function of the investment pieces was so Vengeful Flying Monkeys could tweet, "She's already said she buys one nice thing with every book advance, besides she sent me a packet of Tootie-Frooties (remember them) with the last advance and I posted her back the green ones as she is lovely and we are so close, OMFG you people are obsessed etc etc"
Seven books
167864388 designer items
Jack maths!

Screenshot_20240111-115026.png
Screenshot_20240111-115147.png
Screenshot_20240111-115539.png

Much investment, many resale value
Screenshot_20240111-115058.png

Screenshot_20240111-120311.png

That's a lot of stuff from five grand esp when it's all you're getting paid for a while
Screenshot_20240111-115838.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Said it once and I’ll say it again, Gilbert and Jack have never been in the same room at the same time (incidentally, having not watched the Del Monte videos since 2020, the birds tweeting in the background gave me flashbacks to that bloody odd summer!).

The similarities are clear: the glasses, the leaping into shot, the disorganisation, blaming others for the poor tech…

#GilbertTruther
#rememberDVDs?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That Gilbert Show is amazing, and also uncanny. The cooking with bizarre ingredients, the crappy crafts, right down to them both hanging their clothes on the picture rail 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.