Jack Monroe #549 Two different one's in three's

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she said it was tit in a kinder way than we would but I think she knew it was rubbish, she mentions it isn’t cheap too. I liked her though, I’d rather watch her cook than guest.
Just watched it 😲
Omg poor nice lady. She was trying her best not to be utterly damning. But her obvious confusion and puzzlement was quite hilarious. How the duck can guest foist recipes on people with no bleeping seasoning? And no idea about cooking onions? And why would you rinse the beef? It's so obvious that having just wine as the liquid it would taste so bloody tart. I know we've all said it a million times but she just cannot cook can she? People in the comments trying to be charitable saying maybe guest doesn't mention seasoning as foodbank users might not have any. But they'll have wine?
Andy Lynes put it so well when he said her USP seems to be taking a decent recipe and putting her own twist on it which is always worse 😂
I loved the plaintive 'it's edible' from the woman's husband 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Just watched it 😲
Omg poor nice lady. She was trying her best not to be utterly damning. But her obvious confusion and puzzlement was quite hilarious. How the duck can guest foist recipes on people with no bleeping seasoning? And no idea about cooking onions? And why would you rinse the beef? It's so obvious that having just wine as the liquid it would taste so bloody tart. I know we've all said it a million times but she just cannot cook can she? People in the comments trying to be charitable saying maybe guest doesn't mention seasoning as foodbank users might not have any. But they'll have wine?
Andy Lynes put it so well when he said her USP seems to be taking a decent recipe and putting her own twist on it which is always worse 😂
I loved the plaintive 'it's edible' from the woman's husband 😂
All this sticking everything in a blender rather than cooking it , onions, garlic, Béchamel bloody sauce. She has no frigging idea.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
All this sticking everything in a blender rather than cooking it , onions, garlic, Béchamel bloody sauce. She has no frigging idea.
It's like a child's idea of cooking. She has no idea of the purpose of ingredients or how to get the best out of them, or the chemistry of cooking.
Just astonishing that she's made it this far as a 'food writer' and 'cook' when she really is a two bit baked bean blogger who lucked out at the right time with a fictional pov story, a cute baby and an arsenal of tit recipes that nobody had the courage to question, because they assumed that the poor liked that kind of thing and didn't deserve any better.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It's like a child's idea of cooking. She has no idea of the purpose of ingredients or how to get the best out of them, or the chemistry of cooking.
Just astonishing that she's made it this far as a 'food writer' and 'cook' when she really is a two bit baked bean blogger who lucked out at the right time with a fictional pov story, a cute baby and an arsenal of tit recipes that nobody had the courage to question, because they assumed that the poor liked that kind of thing and didn't deserve any better.
Fuckin’ RINSED HOOPS, I rest my case

• Haha
Reactions: 29
🦉 and 🍾 at the thought that Agent Adrian might have been working hard to get some third-rate brand to consider using Jack to front their Christmas marketing campaign.

After the Curry's fiasco, shall we place bets on which crappy companies might be willing to use her? I mean there must be an environment-destroying oil company or an arms manufacturer out there looking to poverty wash their advertising by paying a small pixie a whack of dosh to shill for them....???

• Haha
Reactions: 29
🦉 and 🍾 at the thought that Agent Adrian might have been working hard to get some third-rate brand to consider using Jack to front their Christmas marketing campaign.

After the Curry's fiasco, shall we place bets on which crappy companies might be willing to use her? I mean there must be an environment-destroying oil company or an arms manufacturer out there looking to poverty wash their advertising by paying a small pixie a whack of dosh to shill for them....???

Maybe Coutts bank after the Nigel Farage scandal?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
And by the time you then heat it long enough to cook the raw onions and garlic :sick: it will naturally have turned into slop. Flavourless slop at that.
There is so much that is heinously wrong with that recipe it is hard to know where to start tbh.
So many of that lady's perplexed comments could be thread titles 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Hi Fraus! I've been MIA as life is 😱 Not even grunked, sorry to say.
However couldn't resist sharing this YT video i stumbled across. A SlongAlong hero in the wild if you will. View from 8.55 onwards:
Just goes to show what an absolute charlatan Jack is. A recipe that’s only thrifty if you have the appetite of a bird, the tastebuds of a moth and extra money to go to the shops for additional ingredients.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
A chancer since day one because she has no talent, personality, or drive to learn or succeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Hi all - apologies for the delay/missing last month, life ey! Behind a cut as always:

Firstly: would like to confirm that the Patreon tracker project has always taken the value for paying subscribers + always will, and have updated the opening subs column title to reflect this. No excuses 4 u Jacqui!

Patreon have made some fairly sizeable changes to their offering and appear to be transitioning into more of a social networking type proposition? So you can follow your favourite creators without paying as well as the old model which was just paid subscriptions, I think the idea of this being those creators can provide some freebies to try and convert followers into paying subs. This will benefit creators (who bother lol) because it's so much easier to upgrade someone in platform than to move people from Twitter/Insta/mailing lists -> Patreon, so I do suspect there will be an associated increase in platform fees at some point to reflect this value add lol - if anyone has any tea on that pls do share. BUT there is a very clear distinction between the two user counts (#noexcuses).

This + other changes to Patreon's T&Cs were communicated to members in an email 05/10/2023 (I say as a paying Patreon customer - not for Jack's scam, for actual content creators). I'm going to guess that this is why we've seen increased churn of -5.7% (the highest since June 2023 where we saw -6.1% MoM). Now onto the scam of a century highlights:

Jack Monroe had 333 paying Patreon subscribers as of November 2023, taking home an estimated £4.1k from the grift. This is +40% higher than the pre-Nigella follower count of 244, and is the 22nd month of benefitting from the platform Nigella gave the grift. Although we are finally under the since-records-began subscriber count of 346, but as you can see from that... it took 12 months to go from 346 -> 244 subscribers, so the grift really will be going on for years and years and years.

image.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 89

Who will Jack be the next "face" of?
I reckon on Wilkos. Yes, renowned high-street retailer, Wilkos.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Jack is nowhere near famous enough for celebrity reality TV. Maybe for 'civilian' formats but she'd not 'lower' herself.

Come Dine with Me Jack is my dream though, especially when they do the bit where they snoop around and count the sideboards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just goes to show what an absolute charlatan Jack is. A recipe that’s only thrifty if you have the appetite of a bird, the tastebuds of a moth and extra money to go to the shops for additional ingredients.
IMG_1398.jpeg

---
Jack is nowhere near famous enough for celebrity reality TV. Maybe for 'civilian' formats but she'd not 'lower' herself.

Come Dine with Me Jack is my dream though, especially when they do the bit where they snoop around and count the sideboards.
Omg this would be absolutely delicious!!! Not the food 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Hi all - apologies for the delay/missing last month, life ey! Behind a cut as always:

Firstly: would like to confirm that the Patreon tracker project has always taken the value for paying subscribers + always will, and have updated the opening subs column title to reflect this. No excuses 4 u Jacqui!

Patreon have made some fairly sizeable changes to their offering and appear to be transitioning into more of a social networking type proposition? So you can follow your favourite creators without paying as well as the old model which was just paid subscriptions, I think the idea of this being those creators can provide some freebies to try and convert followers into paying subs. This will benefit creators (who bother lol) because it's so much easier to upgrade someone in platform than to move people from Twitter/Insta/mailing lists -> Patreon, so I do suspect there will be an associated increase in platform fees at some point to reflect this value add lol - if anyone has any tea on that pls do share. BUT there is a very clear distinction between the two user counts (#noexcuses).

This + other changes to Patreon's T&Cs were communicated to members in an email 05/10/2023 (I say as a paying Patreon customer - not for Jack's scam, for actual content creators). I'm going to guess that this is why we've seen increased churn of -5.7% (the highest since June 2023 where we saw -6.1% MoM). Now onto the scam of a century highlights:

Jack Monroe had 333 paying Patreon subscribers as of November 2023, taking home an estimated £4.1k from the grift. This is +40% higher than the pre-Nigella follower count of 244, and is the 22nd month of benefitting from the platform Nigella gave the grift. Although we are finally under the since-records-began subscriber count of 346, but as you can see from that... it took 12 months to go from 346 -> 244 subscribers, so the grift really will be going on for years and years and years.

View attachment 2546792
Thank you for this @heretoreaditall2019. Your hard work is appreciated and so valuable in keeping an updated record of the grift.

It's bloody infuriating that Jack continues to earn all this dough for doing sweet duck all. I've never earned £4k/month in over 20 years of pretty hard graft in actual jobs.

I really hope she's as miserable and bitter as Ms Havisham, hiding out in her bungamansion with no friends visiting and nothing to do except watch her income shrivelling away while her former luvvy mates carry on living their affluent and spendthrift lives, not giving her a second thought. I hope she's shitting herself about her future prospects and lives in constant fear of the bizzies or the tax people catching up with her. She deserves every moment of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Omg that video. She bascially confirmed alot of her food makes no sense and is basically crap! Why would you not just add, all thise ingredients to the canned stewed steak and use its own gravy as a base. I think i might tell my husband i

was going to make Fajitas for dinner, however instead of mexican spices. I will add some basil and some tinned pears.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Omg that video. She bascially confirmed alot of her food makes no sense and is basically crap! Why would you not just add, all thise ingredients to the canned stewed steak and use its own gravy as a base. I think i might tell my husband i

was going to make Fajitas for dinner, however instead of mexican spices. I will add some basil and some tinned pears.
It really made me laugh when the woman scooped all the rinsed off sauce back into the pan 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
D’ye know what I keep thinking? Jack’s still paying for a blue tick.
So thrifty.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I'm a member of a couple of sober living/sober curious type groups on fb. At the start of October a guy showed up in one of these groups, posting about his intent to do sober October. What followed after were daily (multiple) long posts from him, always with selfies, often with pictures of his kids and wife. We know the wife and kids' names and in-between these showy, insta-ready posts of him and his family, he'd also post complaining about his wife, about finding it hard when she'd wanted an alcoholic drink for example, framing her as a bit of an unsupportive villain and seeking sympathy from the group. I then realised he was also in the other group I was in, making all the exact same posts, and lapping up the attention he got in each group. It has got to the point now where his posts have been dominating the groups, and anyone that dare raise an eyebrow (at the massive obvious bleeping narc red flags) and call him out on anything, is swiftly jumped on by a large majority of the group, accused of bullying and told to 'be kind' etc etc.

A couple of very brave and astute members have spoken out and told him they see straight through him. After the increase in dissenting comments, today we get vague posts with hospital selfies. His caption on the first one was just 'pray for me' 🙄. Again, anyone that dare be anti about this man are called all sorts, and damned for picking on him particularly 'when he's ill'.

It has caused such disruption to these groups which have many vulnerable members seeking support. So many arguments and huge division. I found out today from another member he's actually posting in at least 4 different sobriety groups, a captive audience in each.

Anyway, I’ve been watching all this unfold over the last month, watching the penny slowly drop for (some) people, as he got more and more attention seeking. Watching the band of defenders round on anyone speaking against him. His passive aggressive faux-pleasant replies to criticism. The way he's been able to manipulate the majority of people. The similarities between him and Jack are huge, and it's really given me a lot of time to ponder how she must be in addiction support groups, and how much disruption she causes in them. I bet she's bloody awful and ends up gaslighting anyone that doesn't dance to her tune, framing them as the bad guy and pushing them out. Just as this person has done. These people are so bleeping malignant.

I wish I could point you lads to the groups and his posts, as you'd clock the flags straight away! If anyone here is in either of the groups I am though, you'll know exactly who I'm talking about, can't have missed him for the last month 😂.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.