Jack Monroe #536 'Foodie' is now apparently code for lying grifter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @SouthendRealEstate for thread title suggestion. Inspired by interviewer Graham describing Jack as a Foodie 😂

Top honours this thread must go to our two favourite narcissists @BenignNarcissist and @MissNarcissus who went above and beyond ninny duty and went to see guest in the flesh. We salute you.

They reported amongst other things:
* Guest's parents lived on cold baked beans 🥺
* Guest needs 850 daily alarms to remind her to do normal things.
* She is a mother hen :sick: to a team who are working on the VBI as we speak.
* Sinister supermarket forces tried to undermine and derail the VBI by lowering their prices. Utter utter bastards. And to be fair it worked and did derail it.

Please feel free to add more dearhearts 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
What now? She still pretends the venomous bloated index is (going to be) a thing? Wow.

Also, I still need to read the previous thread but yeah, big meanies those supermarkets, how dare they lower their prices when Jack is trying to save the poors, do they want her to stop breathing, etc 🙄🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
No mention of a ‘Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee moir’ then? Oh dear, how sad…. Windsor Davies meme

I notice even she didn’t have the spherical objects to also blame the supermarkets for appalling book sales. We won’t mention the supermarkets where copies mysteriously hid behind other books after a visiting frau had sauntered past, nonchalantly.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Recap/Historical Reenactment of last thread revelations

Picture the scene. Somewhere in Southend. Some time in the 1990s. His wife run off her feet caring for all the children in the house. In a silent attic…
IMG_2350.jpeg
IMG_2352.jpeg
The man HALTS this train of thought immediately. For this man is no ordinary man. He is military round the edges. He hears a voice in his ear which might or might not be Marx, Lenin or HRH herself. The voice gives him a stern talking to about the IMPORTANT things in life.
IMG_2353.jpeg
Rallying, the man bursts out of this LIGHTS OFF period of “endless cycle of personal personal dissatisfaction” which is remarkably similar to the one his daughter will find herself in some time in April 2022 and for which she will buy herself a ugly pigskin hat and tell the internet (which is not really as much of a thing at this time in the 1990s) that she’s as cute as a tiny shiny button. But anyway, we digress…

The man softly gently yet forensically bursts OUT of this lights OFF period with a great cacophony for HE SEES THE FUTURE

He rises, triumphant, determined, for the good of his family, knowing, marauding, suddenly seeing soothsayer and psephologist-like (just like Courtney Love, of Hole, Courtney Love’s band) what great glory and attention from the newspapers “awaits on the cusp of the future” for his family (well, for him and his daughter at least)

Joyous and beautiful music swells in the background, the years of toil slip away. Just like Robert Johnson at the Crossroads/Mickey Rourke in Angel Heart (ETA 1987 spoiler alert), THE MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT HE MUST DO to secure this glittering future. He embraces it wholeheartedly.
IMG_2357.jpeg
And the rest, as they say, is history.

😡THE END

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116
Her comments at the talk about having to write things down to act like a “normal human” 🙄 are so over egged. Writing lists and reminders is a super common thing for people with adhd - my partner 🍉 with adhd does this all the time but he doesn’t make it a big special personality trait, it’s simply just a good tool to help keep things on track. Not in any way minimising adhd - I know it can be very difficult to live with at times - but she acts like she’s so special and maverick for doing this and it’s almost like she fetishises the condition, and has to be the MOST adhd and the MOST unique in order to garner sympathy from whatever audience she’s holding captive. Her other comment about how we do 850 things a day also rings a massive bell to me - like I’ve definitely read it before on Reddit or seen a tweet about it at some point…could she have plagiarised this little revelation??

Lol don’t sue me Jack it’s just speculation 🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 73
No mention of a ‘Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee moir’ then? Oh dear, how sad…. Windsor Davies meme
I honestly have no idea how this slopped slipped my mind but… The Me-moir is coming! It’s currently being written! Along with….a Greek cookbook which may be published under the name Melissa Hadjicostas for authenticity!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 144
I honestly have no idea how this slopped slipped my mind but… The Me-moir is coming! It’s currently being written! Along with….a Greek cookbook which may be published under the name Melissa Hadjicostas for authenticity!
Omg if she isn't lying this is brilliant news 😂
Re both books - especially 'A Girl called Slop'.
And a Greek cookbook is the icing on the Pumble.
Thank you guest 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 71
In the fantasy world where both books will be out, thoughts and prayers for the reviewer who discusses both books but without deadnaming.

• Haha
  • Heart
Surprising silence from Jack fans on twitter - I'd have thought the feed would have been full of gushing praise from the audience after being so moved by her powerful stories of activism & making the world a better place 😉🤔🤣

Oh sorry, my mistake. They had to move to a smaller venue, give away tickets to make it look busier, and she's losing over 5000 fans a month.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Hmph. No photos of guest "in conversation" showing up on SM. But Graham Spiers called her "gorgeous." She'll be flying high after that.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
At least silly tip toeing twats will have to stop saying it's 'dead naming' for anyone to point out even her name is made up if that's the case. I think it's probably more a case of the name Jack Monroe being saddled with such horrendous baggage she'd be hoping to fool buyers that it's a book by an interesting new cook rather than her tired zero talent slog slinging self.

I don't think I'll ever get over 'stone dyke'. Stay off the cock then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I've been thinking for a while that "Jack Monroe" is such a toxic brand that she might be better off going back to her roots. She could spin it as "Jack Monroe was never me, it was this person I found myself having to be, to separate the true authentic me from the persona who had to keep telling lie after lie to satisfy the media machine."

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
I think a name-change was mentioned on one of these threads.

Makes you think.

Omg if she isn't lying this is brilliant news 😂
Re both books - especially 'A Girl called Slop'.
And a Greek cookbook is the icing on the Pumble.
Thank you guest 🙏
Can’t wait to see Georgina Hayden (authentic Cypriot written beautiful cookbooks, worked for JO for years) rip that book to shreds along with Trifle Defender 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I feel another Kickstarter coming on because who would publish that shite

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
An image search for 'Jack Monroe Greek recipes' provides quite enough of a window into what the Guest Hellenic Slop Book would contain.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Oh wow! A thread title. What a thrill to help me through that difficult second-day-back-after-leave 🤣

Surely the book chit chat from Guset is just more flannel? I don’t see either of those ever seeing the light of day. She’s just deflecting to protect the grift.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43
So there’s a tacit admission that the JM / thrifty brand is damaged 😵

Reactions: 45
Is it just me, or would using the name she abandoned years ago to now help flog a book be the very opposite of authenticity?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.