Jack Monroe #533 It’s hardly ‘unfathomable’ Nigella. She flipping spent it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread title courtesy of @BeardyBap nominated by @HootieMcBoob.

Please can we never again discuss which thread title we’d like as tattoos? It makes new thread title competitions v tricky 🤬

Anyway, I‘m delighted to say you both win Jack’s medium tier Patreon subscriptions! We’ll pay out and you’ll receive sweet FA!

After a short burst of activity, Jack has been unnaturally quiet but has been having a clean up of her Instagram. Sadly the canal has the receipts and very much enjoys revisiting her greatest hits, much like Auntie Pat enjoys her retelling old stories after a few too many Dubonnet and Lemonades.

Chin chin!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
In the last thread eggs were wanked and ninnies were further repulsed by Jack's soulless journalistic back catalogue. An effort at timeline cleansing on the 'gram appears to be underway, but it's hardly forensic.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
She’s cleaned up her Instagram but for some reason she’s left some tremendously horrific pictures on there still so not sure what the motive is.

• Haha
On the Big D being a Mason mither from the end of last thread, it's not definitive proof but if you were to search Jack's family name with Freemason on Google, it leads to several FB posts from an association he's part of that and at least one of them strongly suggests he has distinct links to masons if he's not one himself. (I think he probably is).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
She’s cleaned up her Instagram but for some reason she’s left some tremendously horrific pictures on there still so not sure what the motive is.
IMG_9896.png

Quoting myself like a ninny but WHY would you leave this turd in the hole there?
---
On the Big D being a Mason mither, it's not definitive proof but if you were to search Jack's family name with Mason on Google, it leads to several FB posts from an association he's part of that and at least one of them strongly suggests he has distinct links to masons if he's not one himself. (I think he probably is).
Ah yes the Masons. Those famously Marxist guys.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
I wonder what common foodstuff we will wank off in this thread?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Jack talk: 'Lots of people on Twitter called it the speech of the night!'

Reality:

• Haha
Reactions: 37
That gif with the skeleton on a bench is so apt for guest. If you were waiting on her recipes to eat (or ummm wank over) you would have died.

I am a stuck record now. Had a work day and used to enjoy my hour on the settee catching up. She is fecking lucky her haters are so amusing and hilarious or this thread would die a death otherwise with her current state 🥰

Boo I guess.

• Haha
  • Heart
Following on from the end of the last thread, I want to say something about JM's so-called journalism career.

I didn't know until today that she had actually been taken on as a trainee journalist by the Southend Echo. I knew she used to write a column for them and some of those are laughably dire which might give the impression of the Echo as a less-than-serious publication.

It isn't.

It's one of the few local and regional papers still going in this country and the Echo publishes daily, also a rarity now. While these pubs traditionally do cover hyper local news like the Brownies or the council's war on potholes or whatever, they have also historically been a very good training ground for journalists. In the old days, it was a way into journalism for working class (mostly but not all) men who didn't go to uni. The other good way to get into journalism is through your posh university degree and nepotism or some combination of the two.

The Southend Echo is owned by Newsquest group and they have a very reputable two-year training programme which focuses on the trainee working around different desks or beats for periods of time, to gain experience and learn the ropes. At the core of it is the NCTJ, the certificate that most print journalists earn because employers then know you've got an important working knowledge of journalistic technique but also media law, shorthand etc.

So, if it's true that Jack had a traineeship like this, which she didn't complete and just tossed away, then she's a bloody fool. It would've been a very good pathway into a well paid profession without having a university degree. If it's also true that she got her foot in The Echo's door because of her father, then she's an ungrateful, spoiled fool. Ten years down the line and she could have an established and respectable media career by now, having paid her dues.

She had both a column with her own byline where she could write whatever she wanted AND an opportunity to learn the job in all the other aspects of bringing out a paper. And she threw it all away and huffed off, publicly slagging off The Echo and giving them the two-fingered salute.

And now she sits, alone in her house, arranging and re-arranging her furniture and doing absolutely duck all else.

(This tidbit really cuts deep for me because I've worked as a freelance journo and I know how hard it is to break into the business, especially if you don't have connections. Hundreds of people every year apply for jobs like that and don't get them and Jack Monroe is a fool.)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 142
That gif with the skeleton on a bench is so apt for guest. If you were waiting on her recipes to eat (or ummm wank over) you would have died.

I am a stuck record now. Had a work day and used to enjoy my hour on the settee catching up. She is fecking lucky her haters are so amusing and hilarious or this thread would die a death otherwise with her current state 🥰

Boo I guess.
What makes me laugh when she goes on about “evil trolls” is that if she wasn’t a grifter who was dodgy around money I doubt anyone would have started a thread on her. It also reminds me of Bex Kitchen people on her thread genuinely say nice things sometimes but if she didn’t grift £6k I don’t think there would even be a thread.

It reminds me of two girls in my friendship group at school. They were both bigger girls but they were so lovely no one ever said a word about it.
---
Following on from the end of the last thread, I want to say something about JM's so-called journalism career.

I didn't know until today that she had actually been taken on as a trainee journalist by the Southend Echo. I knew she used to write a column for them and some of those are laughably dire which might give the impression of the Echo as a less-than-serious publication.

It isn't.

It's one of the few local and regional papers still going in this country and the Echo publishes daily, also a rarity now. While these pubs traditionally do cover hyper local news like the Brownies or the council's war on potholes or whatever, they have also historically been a very good training ground for journalists. In the old days, it was a way into journalism for working class (mostly but not all) men who didn't go to uni. The other good way to get into journalism is through your posh university degree and nepotism or some combination of the two.

The Southend Echo is owned by Newsquest group and they have a very reputable two-year training programme which focuses on the trainee working around different desks or beats for periods of time, to gain experience and learn the ropes. At the core of it is the NCTJ, the certificate that most print journalists earn because employers then know you've got an important working knowledge of journalistic technique but also media law, shorthand etc.

So, if it's true that Jack had a traineeship like this, which she didn't complete and just tossed away, then she's a bloody fool. It would've been a very good pathway into a well paid profession without having a university degree. If it's also true that she got her foot in The Echo's door because of her father, then she's an ungrateful, spoiled fool. Ten years down the line and she could have an established and respectable media career by now, having paid her dues.

She had both a column with her own byline where she could write whatever she wanted AND an opportunity to learn the job in all the other aspects of bringing out a paper. And she threw it all away and huffed off, publicly slagging off The Echo and giving them the two-fingered salute.

And now she sits, alone in her house, arranging and re-arranging her furniture and doing absolutely duck all else.

(This tidbit really cuts deep for me because I've worked as a freelance journo and I know how hard it is to break into the business, especially if you don't have connections. Hundreds of people every year apply for jobs like that and don't get them and Jack Monroe is a fool.)

Getting your foot in the door without a degree is amazing and a normal person would have grabbed the opportunity with both hands and learned as much as possible.

ETA: I’m meant to have a degree in my job but a startup gave me a chance. I asked and asked and asked and asked everything, I sat between the two men in charge and did not stop asking questions all day. It went bust in the end but I used that experience and now I work for a very respectable company in my field. I should imagine Jack just thought she could put out a few half arsed articles and she’d be promoted to editor in chief.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.