Jack Monroe #530 Your followers like you best, when you say nothing at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bing Bong, it's new thread time.

Congrats to @Seaford Haggington winning thread title after @MaineCoonMama nomination. You win ALL the green sweeties to keep them off of chomping Jack. Tasty!

(@Cheekymonk3y had the highest noms, but it was before post 500 and contained swearsies, soz pals, no swearsies. Tattle rules, y'all)

JACK IS BACK!

She posted a dubious receipt for the Southend Vineyard foodbank donation and made up a bunch of lies about green sweets.

New characters entered the scene, they totally exist, innit Jack, one has gloves in his glovebox and one gives her sweets during AA meetings.

The Hellsite is having none of her bollocks though.

Newbies! Hi, please see the pink wiki button above for all your Jack FACTS.

Please use 'thread title' when nomming one, after post 500 please and definitely no swearing! Cheers dear hearts, go well!

Mod edit:

Hovers over ban button for the insanity of posting "first", "second", "third" etc.... 😑

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Recap: Jack's back and did some "remember when Starburst wor opal fruit" content, which was recycled from some years ago. She's SOBER.

Place your bets for when the snark hurricaneo is going to make landfall

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The oldey timey brand chat and AA reminisces can only sustain her for so long. The cracks are starting to show.

1690373602751.png

Chaos incoming!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
Not disputing my warning but when was saying first banned , sorry I missed that and won't do again 😭

How long has Jack been saying she has been going to AA now? I know it's a lifelong commitment but to still need to go several times a day not just a week seems such a commitment to me .

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Not disputing my warning but when was saying first banned , sorry I missed that and won't do again 😭

How long has Jack been saying she has been going to AA now? I know it's a lifelong commitment but to still need to go several times a day not just a week seems such a commitment to me .
I didn’t know that either! I suspect the poor AA is stuck with her for life. She’s found somewhere she can suck the lifeblood from & mine other people’s experiences. Real shame they can’t ban pricks like Guest.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
The oldey timey brand chat and AA reminisces can only sustain her for so long. The cracks are starting to show.

View attachment 2334537

Chaos incoming!
If someone in AA called me straight after a meeting and asked me if they could share my sweet choices on Twitter, I would…freak the duck out.

If I was a minor celebrity and discovered that an AA fellow was engaging with me IRL within a meeting based on my tweets, I would also freak the duck out.

I’ve been to meetings in London West End and the famous Venice Beach LA one so I’ve seen plenty of real celebs in meetings. Never have I ever, nor have I ever witnessed, anyone engaging with those celebs based on their lives outside the room (oh I loved your latest album! Etc). It’s not in keeping with AA principles. We are all equal and first name only in the rooms.

If a person in the meeting did do this, then either he’s a newcomer not au fait with AA Traditions (in which case Jack is exploiting him by sharing the event on Twitter) or he’s trying to get into her pants (in which case he is exploiting Jack).

There are no scenarios in which Jack sharing this improbable event is harmless, innocent fun.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 133
1690375288449.png

I must say, this article did make me think of "bon vivant/soul singer/absolute Ronseal human" Jack today.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
How can you ask the permission of someone who doesn't exist? #deep #existential

• Haha
Reactions: 72
If someone in AA called me straight after a meeting and asked me if they could share me sweet choices on Twitter, I would…freak the duck out.

If I was a minor celebrity and discovered that an AA fellow was engaging with me IRL within a meeting based on my tweets, I would also freak the duck out.

I’ve been to meetings in London West End and the famous Venice Beach LA one so I’ve seen plenty of real celebs in meetings. Never have I ever, nor have I ever witnessed, anyone engaging with those celebs based on their lives outside the room (oh I loved your latest album! Etc). It’s not in keeping with AA principles. We are all equal and first name only in the rooms.

If a person in the meeting did do this, then either he’s a newcomer not au fait with AA Traditions (in which case Jack is exploiting him by sharing the event on Twitter) or he’s trying to get into her pants (in which case he is exploiting Jack).

There are no scenarios in which Jack sharing this improbable event is harmless, innocent fun.
She needs to find something more plausible to tell stories about. How many times now has she supposedly gained consent from vulnerable people to share their private information? There was a whatsapp conversation. There may be others. All of this looks very bad on her.

Reactions: 55
One thing you have to admire (I guess?!) is the spectrum of the size of the lies.

You’ve got the little ones (fruit pastilles, pigs head (was it a pigs head?!) in the fridge, nicknames, house parties).. then the sort of medium ones (sleeping on the sofa, boiling soap, lightbulbs, bread and jam, VBI, posting patreob rewards).. to then the bloody massive ones (alcoholic, waved through grenfell cordon, death threats etc).

The sheer number of them is outstanding but she certainly mixes it up with the scale of the lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
She needs to find something more plausable to tell stories about. How many times now has she supposedly gained consent from vulnerable people to share their private information? There was a whatsapp conversation. There may be others. All of this looks very bad on her.
We are talking about a woman who asked vulnerable people for their traumatic DWP/benefits stories so that she could write a book. Book has never materialised. Somone asked her to delete their story and she claimed she couldn't find it. At one point she said she had 18,000 unread emails, so presumably confidential info about vulnerable people was sat there, not being properly stored as per GDPR rules. She was just trauma-mining.

This is also someone who claimed she had coroners' reports of people who'd died in unexplained circs / misadventure. Someone, I think @MancBee , made an excellent post epxlaining why this could not be true.

She exploits the trauma of others and has no respect for the privacy of others.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 85
Quick catch-up as I and others seem to sense a chaoi incoming....

This donation to the Southend Vineyard... How big a cock-up is it on her part? Seems there are some saying on the Hellsite that it could be fairly major if the charity keep getting refund requests etc. Anybody know?

• Wow
Reactions: 47
One thing you have to admire (I guess?!) is the spectrum of the size of the lies.

You’ve got the little ones (fruit pastilles, pigs head (was it a pigs head?!) in the fridge, nicknames, house parties).. then the sort of medium ones (sleeping on the sofa, boiling soap, lightbulbs, bread and jam, VBI, posting patreob rewards).. to then the bloody massive ones (alcoholic, waved through grenfell cordon, death threats etc).

The sheer number of them is outstanding but she certainly mixes it up with the scale of the lies.
That's the genius. That's what allows all the "how bored/obsessed are you to be catching her in a lie about sweets. So what" type defenders. Remember when her bizarre friend on twitter was having a go at someone because patreon is "only postcards", how can you be so petty as to ask for postcards you paid for, get a life, etc. 😡

Reactions: 38
We are talking about a woman who asked vulnerable people for their traumatic DWP/benefits stories so that she could write a book. Book has never materialised. Somone asked her to delete their story and she claimed she couldn't find it. At one point she said she had 18,000 unread emails, so presumably confidential info about vulnerable people was sat there, not being properly stored as per GDPR rules. She was just trauma-mining.

This is also someone who claimed she had coroners' reports of people who'd died in unexplained circs / misadventure. Someone, I think @MancBee , made an excellent post epxlaining why this could not be true.

That's what I don't understand. Surely the point of AA is the confidentiality? Yet she's running her mouth all over the socials?

I know, I know - she's lying. But even so, it is appalling. She is such a dreadful person.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

I remember this. Completely unethical, from a research / publishing point of view.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

She set up a special email account just for those if I recall correctly... So just pure laziness.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.