Jack Monroe #529 Show the receipts you prune-sucker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title from the slightly-modified words of @BlendedSlop , nominated by @plentyofpepper. Congratulations, you win a lifetime supply of Del Monte tinned prunes (mind your teeth, may contain stones, please don't ask awkward questions about Del Monte being implicated in modern slavery. Thankspaceyou).

The previous thread started out with guset still locked, occasionally liking things, and the canal mithering away. And then she posted this in reply to a squig, briefly unlocked, and the canal were off to the races. She's locked again now, because another squig asked a question along the lines of "how does that match up to the money you raised and what time period does that cover?" I know, the impertinence. Asking for accountability, in this economy?

1690208849592.png

Pink button up there is the wiki, newbies please read before saying things like "but I thought she was nice and did lots of good?" and use "thread title" to nominate thread titles. No swearsies.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
Hola ninnies.

And what do you know, Jack suicide baits and declares that she’s given all the required information. Quelle surprise.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
To add to the excellent recap - the best assumption on where the money has gone is that she donated to Southend Vineyard but from her shot combined with a Squigs for reference we can’t tell whether she clicked on the church, foodbank or new building link as neither shot includes the reference note the Vineyard add to distinguish the three - they all seem to go to the same PayPal account just with a note to differentiate.

Reactions: 32
To add to the excellent recap - the best assumption on where the money has gone is that she donated to Southend Vineyard but from her shot combined with a Squigs for reference we can’t tell whether she clicked on the church, foodbank or new building link as neither shot includes the reference note the Vineyard add to distinguish the three - they all seem to go to the same PayPal account just with a note to differentiate.
Or she set up a seperate paypal and mailed it to herself.

BiB Which is more effort than Jack has ever made to keep funds seperate.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Wow, she shut up shop quicker than the dodgy nail bars used for money laundering in my local high street.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
it's almost like this whole thing was choreographed.
Jack tweets proof of her donation at 4 in the morning, makes her twitter public again, opens comments to everyone, even those not in the comments club, people question her, and she goes private again.
She's orchestrated the whole thing so she can give it a big 'poor me. even when i demonstrate i've given over £1000 to charity, people aren't happy. the dark and horrible corner of the internet will not be happy until i've breathed my last breath. still i rinse.'

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 98
Didn’t realise she was such a god-botherer. Even He must look down from Heav’n some days and think “Christ, not this prick again!”

• Haha
Reactions: 74
It’s very refreshing to see new voices dispassionately calling her out on the hellsite with fair questions that she should be very willing to answer - although guest will no doubt still stick to the tried-and-tested strategy of claiming that there’s “nothing to see here” and it’s merely der ebil trolls etc.

The flying monkeys are very thin on the ground today, too.

Reactions: 45
Jack tweets proof of her donation at 4 in the morning, makes her twitter public again, opens comments to everyone, even those not in the comments club, people question her, and she goes private again.
She's orchestrated the whole thing so she can give it a big 'poor me. even when i demonstrate i've given over £1000 to charity, people aren't happy. the dark and horrible corner of the internet will not be happy until i've breathed my last breath. still i rinse.'
Being this much of a bleep should be illegal.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
BIB - she posted in reply to someone else, so she can't lock comments. You can only do that on stand-alone tweets you write.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Thread title from the slightly-modified words of @BlendedSlop , nominated by @plentyofpepper. Congratulations, you win a lifetime supply of Del Monte tinned prunes (mind your teeth, may contain stones, please don't ask awkward questions about Del Monte being implicated in modern slavery. Thankspaceyou).

The previous thread started out with guset still locked, occasionally liking things, and the canal mithering away. And then she posted this in reply to a squig, briefly unlocked, and the canal were off to the races. She's locked again now, because another squig asked a question along the lines of "how does that match up to the money you raised and what time period does that cover?" I know, the impertinence. Asking for accountability, in this economy?

View attachment 2329927

Pink button up there is the wiki, newbies please read before saying things like "but I thought she was nice and did lots of good?" and use "thread title" to nominate thread titles. No swearsies.
Who donates random pennies? Surely people donate in full pounds.

Reactions: 26
Didn’t realise she was such a god-botherer. Even He must look down from Heav’n some days and think “Christ, not this prick again!”
Won't be long before he's the only one left on her side, although she'd probably be in better company with the man downstairs.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
AND the reality is, it’s a MOO point where Jack donated the money as it wasn’t her bloody money to donate in the first place.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Right, this is from the last thread AND it's way too early, but I'm putting it here to remind myself when the time comes:

"More career backfires than Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang" from Livia Fantasy for thread title!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She seemed to lose another couple of hundred followers just since re-locking (totalling 300 lost followers today so far). I wonder if the sudden loss of the 200 was automated because she went private though?

Reactions: 30
Thanks for donating £1,398.54 GBP to Southend Swindler

She'll claim all this has been dealt with on her next return, all evidence provided 😡

Reactions: 27
AND the reality is, it’s a MOO point where Jack donated the money as it wasn’t her bloody money to donate in the first place.
Very true and a large percentage of her audience may well be displeased with her donating to anything church based at all, even if it was specifically for the food bank.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Who donates random pennies? Surely people donate in full pounds.
It could be foreign currency conversion from someone from overseas, or as she was trying to come up with a believable random amount of money she added the 54p to make it look "better", forgetting that people would be far more likely to donate whole pounds (£5, £10) to this type of thing.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.