Jack Monroe #516 Calm down, Suzi Quatro(hack)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Valiofthedolls and @chizontiz for the words / nomination combo that led to this title. You each win a pair of silver steel-capped pumps and an egg poached in soup.

Please can someone else do a recap? Ta šŸ˜Š

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
So we wait for Wednesday, to find out whether guest is, caught out at court, twitter locked, seems fraught.

Reactions: 38
Thanks to @Valiofthedolls and @chizontiz for the words / nomination combo that led to this title. You each win a pair of silver steel-capped pumps and an egg poached in soup.

Guest locked her Twitter but is still posting on it and Tattlers have access :) She has been posting mysterious, cryptic "inspirational" post implying that a chaos is coming, but nothing yet - despite a minor attack on a comment club squig. She also closed down her YouTube account, but Insta is still up. Meanwhile she has a court hearing on Wednesday about the proceedings brought by CCJ Squig, where she'll have to prove her income. What will unfold?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Jack's still on Twitter lockdown. If it's to be believed, there's CCJ drama in court on Wednesday. Whilst on lock she razzed Boris and then called the lockdown comments club the "perpetually aggrieved" for not getting the hilarious joke.
She also shared a Julian of Norwich quote which was not a Julian of Norwich quote.

Frauen also relived Jack's recipe for baked beans, which involves rinsing the sauce off a tin of beans and boiling them in tinned tomatoes and unfried onion

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Jack has locked down her Twitter and YouTube. It's okay though, she's surrounded by wonderful friends it took her 30 years to find. I guess the friends who bought her a KitchenAid mixer, a Smeg fridge, numerous designer clothes etc during The Povertyā„¢ļø weren't quite supportive enough!

The mavens continued to mither over Jackie's backstory. It's got more holes than a crumpet repeatedly poked with a chopstick.

A gentle reminder to put any food pics behind a spoiler. This isn't a mod decision but please think of your fellow Frauen who are squeamish. Now duck off xx

• Haha
Reactions: 97
Jack has locked down her Twitter and YouTube. It's okay though, she's surrounded by wonderful friends it took her 30 years to find. I guess the friends who bought her a KitchenAid mixer, a Smeg fridge, numerous designer clothes etc during The Povertyā„¢ļø weren't quite supportive enough!
Nor the ones who bought SB shoes, or the ones who paid her flat deposit, nor the ones that used their car to help her move house. None of those were as important as the squash gargling anons from her 10 meetings a day/week/month/ever/never

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Iā€™m responding here to some housing benefit musings at the end of the last thread.

There are various payment schemes for Housing Benefit. My local authority used to pay fortnightly to claimants for private rentals, but four weekly is also perfectly possible. I think some claimants did find that frequency to be less than ideal. There were of course 13 payments in a year when paid 4 weekly, but I can see how it could be tricky when rent is typically paid monthly.

Changing addresses. If you moved into a different council area, then yes, your old claim would be cancelled and youā€™d have to make a new claim with your new council for your new address.

For moves within the same council, youā€™d fill in a change of address form and provide a copy of the tenancy agreement and it would be processed as a change of circumstances. This means that technically the benefit is cancelled at the old address, but a new line is created for the new address and there should be no breaks in the claim.

Depending on how quick the council is and how quickly information is supplied, it may be the case that housing benefit would have to be suspended for a while in order to prevent an overpayment. This is like pressing pause. It means that no payments will go out while the claim is suspended. When the suspension is removed, the payments will ā€˜catch upā€™, so the claimant wonā€™t lose benefit.

The rent. The max housing benefit that can be paid is determined by the LHA for the area. A single person with a child would be entitled to the two-bed rate. LHA rates are generally pretty low. You may get less than the LHA rate depending on your circumstances. A single parent on income support with no other people in the house would be entitled to the full LHA rate. Council Tax Benefit was around in 2012 and Income support would have entitled the recipient to full Council Tax Benefit.

Reactions: 55
It hasn't happened yet, but the canal can feel it brewing like the thunderstorm we had tonight! šŸ‰

We know it, Guest knows it....
The chaos is coming....
šŸ”„(shithouse Elmo replacement šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø)

Gah! I really wanted to post the Elmo gif, just for 1st page shits and giggles but am too Jack to manage it...

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder if she'll be disappointed when no Paparazzi turn up to take her pic. (Is it Tuesday or Wednesday?)

The pov jumper will definitely be getting an outing, as will the Deirdre rashid spex

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I wonder if she'll be disappointed when no Paparazzi turn up to take her pic. (Is it Tuesday or Wednesday?)

The pov jumper will definitely be getting an outing, as will the Deirdre rashid spex
It's ok. Big Lin will call her pals at backgrid.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If it's hot on Wednesday and guest wears the pov jumper, she can faint dramatically from overheating and make her smol pixie self look even more vulnerable and hard done by šŸ˜¢

• Haha

omg I have arrived - what an honour dear fraus!!! Thank you, thank you. Claiming this victory entirely as my own, obviously, and will use it to shape my whole identity and lack of personality. Now where did I leave that book token I won in the 90s?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Iā€™m hoping this will work. Couldnā€™t get 2012, but hereā€™s 2014ā€™s rates.

The two bed rate was Ā£150 per week. Thatā€™s Ā£650 per month.
I can imagine her getting the full whack and either having enough savings to top it up or using money from SBā€™s dad to top it up (not shading her here, paying for the place SB lives is a perfectly reasonable use of the money). Or even big D topping it up for her. No idea about Southend but that was pretty standard where I was as even in a much poorer area than Jack is in, HB was rarely actually enough to cover the rent of places if you didnā€™t have/couldnā€™t get a council place - and is part of the reason the poverty can bite particularly hard, because if you donā€™t have the safety net Jack has, itā€™s more money out of the pittance you get while thick middle class people like Jack assume HB covers all rent expenses.

Reactions: 25
In that Daily Mirror pic, she has an outdoor chiminea thing in her fireplace, with no ventilation.

If only someone could have given her some advice about fire safety

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Iā€™m responding here to some housing benefit musings at the end of the last thread.

There are various payment schemes for Housing Benefit. My local authority used to pay fortnightly to claimants for private rentals, but four weekly is also perfectly possible. I think some claimants did find that frequency to be less than ideal. There were of course 13 payments in a year when paid 4 weekly, but I can see how it could be tricky when rent is typically paid monthly.

Changing addresses. If you moved into a different council area, then yes, your old claim would be cancelled and youā€™d have to make a new claim with your new council for your new address.

For moves within the same council, youā€™d fill in a change of address form and provide a copy of the tenancy agreement and it would be processed as a change of circumstances. This means that technically the benefit is cancelled at the old address, but a new line is created for the new address and there should be no breaks in the claim.

Depending on how quick the council is and how quickly information is supplied, it may be the case that housing benefit would have to be suspended for a while in order to prevent an overpayment. This is like pressing pause. It means that no payments will go out while the claim is suspended. When the suspension is removed, the payments will ā€˜catch upā€™, so the claimant wonā€™t lose benefit.

The rent. The max housing benefit that can be paid is determined by the LHA for the area. A single person with a child would be entitled to the two-bed rate. LHA rates are generally pretty low. You may get less than the LHA rate depending on your circumstances. A single parent on income support with no other people in the house would be entitled to the full LHA rate. Council Tax Benefit was around in 2012 and Income support would have entitled the recipient to full Council Tax Benefit.
Thank you!

could you give us any insight into the claim being cancelled because the Council saw her Ā£25k book deal reported in the national press šŸ¤­

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Evening Frauen. Soz can't screenshot but I am loving the recruiting for MI5 advert that keeps popping up..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.