Jack Monroe #512 Every little thing she does is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack went on Question Time.

She wore some orange shoes that she seemed excited to post about. Continuing the shoe theme, she shoehorned in some 'zingers' along the lines of 'Tories bad'. The audience did not clap. The world kept on turning.

Jack did her usual post telly squee and implied she'd been invited back by an editor. Many Fraus pointed out editors don't have any say in the talent or hiring process but when has Jack Monroe ever let facts get in the way of a good old boast.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Jack advocated shoplifting again. It's at an all time high
which is harming small businesses and putting retail staff at risk of harm
and not always as straightforward as stealing formula for the shoplifter's own infant.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Jack went on Question Time.

She wore some orange shoes that she seemed excited to post about. Continuing the shoe theme, she shoehorned in some 'zingers' along the lines of 'Tories bad'. The audience did not clap. The world kept on turning.

Jack did her usual post telly squee and implied she'd been invited back by an editor. Many Fraus pointed out editors don't have any say in the talent or hiring process but when has Jack Monroe ever let facts get in the way of a good old boast.
As a point of order*, in the news/current affairs world the Editor is more like the Editor of a paper, where they do make decisions about the themes and guests. It will have been some hapless producer who booked guest, who presumably way the only person willing to go to Leicester during half term because her son doesn't live with her.

(*a friend 🍉 works on the Radio 4 equivalent, Any Questions)
---
Jack on vaping. 11th May, 2020

View attachment 2211970
But but but I thought she only did the grown up boring vapes, not the fruity ones?

Reactions: 62
She was still going last night.

View attachment 2211983
Chris Patten was critical of the current Conservative Party because they are no longer right wing enough. He was implying the Conservatives of the Thatcher era would be stronger and preferable.

Jack seems to think that's a good thing. God help us.

Thank goodness she doesn't bother to vote because government is not her circus nor her monkeys, or some other such stolen soundbite.

Pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I understand why a lot of people are downhearted after last night but honestly I wouldn't be. She was let off by a non-attendee and from what I have read (not watching it) there wasn't much in the way of spicy arguments going on, maybe that helps when there is 5 on the panel or when they set them up so two people are steadfastly opposed to each other's view. Maybe anti-Tory Jack was supposed to be the wildcard but missed the memo.

Stuff like Huff Post drag cheap content out of social media and tv for easy views, if not negotiated with agents as alluded to by others.

The cheerleaders on the hellsite are the usual suspects, and would either cheer her regardless or cheer my dog for appearing on QT wearing a 'Tories Bad' jumper. These people's opinions mean nothing, especially in the real world.

For such a staunch critic of the government Jack didn't get stuck into them much beyond her pre rehearsed answer she would've rolled our regardless of any question. It's hardly Mick Lynch luring a dozy minister into a trap with their own lies is it:

Also the toppest Narxist (typo but I'm leaving it :ROFLMAO: ) to follow in Big Dave's footsteps regurgitated a tweet as her own insight regarding AI, missing a massive open goal: Unuversal Basic Income. Surely a huge policy someone interested in stopping poverty would want to see implemented? Probably not entered her mind since she set up her own version.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Her new thing is "they've already asked me to come back" said it after this and after the book festival she did recently

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Chris Patten was critical of the current Conservative Party because they are no longer right wing enough. He was implying the Conservatives of the Thatcher era would be stronger and preferable.

Jack seems to think that's a good thing. God help us.

Thank goodness she doesn't bother to vote because government is not her circus nor her monkeys, or some other such stolen soundbite.

Pathetic.
I have to say there was so much to unpick last night and I was being reprimanded for shouting “you didn’t vote for/against Brexit you fool” so missed a lot of it.

I would have liked HK to have been brought up. Jack’s opinions on Beijing would have amused me.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I love her saying that she ‘didn’t get chance to jump in’ with her ignore shoplifting routine.

Reality: being the good little middle class girl she is, she didn’t have the courage to do it on national television.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Her new thing is "they've already asked me to come back" said it after this and after the book festival she did recently
She was "invited back" live on air as part of a joke by Fiona Bruce about her revealing private information about her family members.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Did Fiona even mention Hong Kong?
No.

It was a really bland episode. Jess sat there with a sneering, superior, look on her face. Though in comparison to Jack, she was superior. In comparison to the other panelists, not so much. It showed Jess in a very poor light.

I can't believe I'm going to write this, but the Conservative MP came across calm and sensible, and was the best one on the show.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
They are being polite.
Honestly, it's really uncomfortable watching someone so nervous on TV, and she wasn't informative or combative (and got schooled a few times by Freeman). Fiddling with stuff is a huge no , it's just really unprofessional. Given the current centre right leaning of QT, they might have her on in the Village Idiot slot again, but I'm not sure it's doing her image much good, except among the simpering nanas and neckbeards

• Haha
Reactions: 51
No.

It was a really bland episode. Jess sat there with a sneering, superior, look on her face. Though in comparison to Jack, she was superior. In comparison to the other panelists, not so much. It showed Jess in a very poor light.

I can't believe I'm going to write this, but the Conservative MP came across calm and sensible, and was the best one on the show.
He had the good fortune of most of the topics being related to his cabinet brief, so came across well informed. Jess and guest were more "what I think is..."

ETA: Even if she is invited back on, you can hardly make a living off quarterly appearances on this dross.

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.