Jack Monroe #51 Chains, trains and inedible meals

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @TriviaNewtonJohn for the thread title - a clear winner with 84 likes at last count.

Recap of #50:

She’s back in Southend. She deleted her complaints to the train company, perhaps feeling remorse for the poor soul at LNER being set upon by her rabid hounds (who weren’t even on the train).

She provided photo evidence of the fabled bolognaise (or bolorneaise 🤢) while on the train, plus a mushroom pasta dish. Both had bases of celery and leeks, used a fat clove garlic and had plenty of black pepper.

She was overjoyed to be reunited with her older cat, who apparently was equally delighted to see her (although photos suggest he gave zero cat fucks). No mention of any reunion with SB at time of writing, but such things are private.

She received an email from a talent scout, then reminisced of her days of almost getting to the final 12 on X factor, and compared her vocal range to that of Celine Dion’s. This sequed into her opening the floor asking for advice from single people who had experienced a break up / poor mental health in lockdown, and gave some of her own tips, such as leaving two radios playing two different stations on all day.

She has been quiet today.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
“But such things are private” HA HA HA

Did they charity get their nutribullet?!
I want to know this as well. I don’t think they did or she would harp on about it.
And the pistachio milk. There are loads of plant milks & I’ve never seen pistachio. She could have invented a new one but we will never know. <cries>

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I want to know this as well. I don’t think they did or she would harp on about it.
And the pistachio milk. There are loads of plant milks & I’ve never seen pistachio. She could have invented a new one but we will never know. <cries>
The nutribullet to the charity, the pistachio milk. Only Jack knows if these came true.

Reactions: 13
Fraus - help! Today alone I have written both 'irreverent' and 'maverick' in my PhD.

I am become Jack, the destroyer of words 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Send them to your pile of ephemeral words and phrases during your proof read 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just popped in to say pistachio milk is already a thing, I can't post images but it's there if you Google it 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m blocked for an age old tweet (that didn’t tag JM) re daily kitchen. Can someone share a little info re BAFTA-Gate in the crappy bungalow ?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The nutribullet to the charity, the pistachio milk. Only Jack knows if these came true.

Is she not due her monthly 'Question Time' (JMQs?) on Tattle soon? She will be BUSY, so just a 5 minute visit before exiting 4 hours later for a piss.

I can't quote from the previous thread now, but responding below to a couple of comments about her recent behaviour and her treatment of Louisa.

What a criminal waste of an opportunity that Scottish trip was. To return home and almost immediately broadcast the whole 'afraid, alone, adrift and helpless' status was pitiful. One antidote to feeling this way would be getting away on a City Break for a personal reset with no Social Media. Doh!!

It is of course wrong to speculate, but it does appear that Louisa left in seemingly rushed circumstances in May. I appreciate that this can happen in relationships where one major or a series of escalating incidents leaves one partner with no choice but to flee. With the Bafta being left behind, I do hope that treasured personal possessions like her scrapbook have been left for her to retrieve without someone doing something mean to upset her.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Congratulations to @TriviaNewtonJohn for the thread title - a clear winner with 84 likes at last count.

Recap of #50:

She’s back in Southend. She deleted her complaints to the train company, perhaps feeling remorse for the poor soul at LNER being set upon by her rabid hounds (who weren’t even on the train).

She provided photo evidence of the fabled bolognaise (or bolorneaise 🤢) while on the train, plus a mushroom pasta dish. Both had bases of celery and leeks, used a fat clove garlic and had plenty of black pepper.

She was overjoyed to be reunited with her older cat, who apparently was equally delighted to see her (although photos suggest he gave zero cat fucks). No mention of any reunion with SB at time of writing, but such things are private.

She received an email from a talent scout, then reminisced of her days of almost getting to the final 12 on X factor, and compared her vocal range to that of Celine Dion’s. This sequed into her opening the floor asking for advice from single people who had experienced a break up / poor mental health in lockdown, and gave some of her own tips, such as leaving two radios playing two different stations on all day.

She has been quiet today.
I hadn’t thought about this, but who was looking after her cat while she was away?!

Reactions: 2
I think if she Had she would have made a big deal on sm like she did when she gave “anonymously” to a food bank and then tweeted at them

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's been very, very quiet indeed. I fear this may be the calm before one of several possible storms. There could be a new and exciting Karening in the offing, a full on "I'm better than you" snark bomb at some hapless Twitter fan, suffering -the like of which no human has ever endured in all of history because life is just that little bit tougher for Jack, a series of barked instructions about what we should be giving to foodbanks like she's checked what every foodbank in the UK actually needs, a new recipe for us to marvel at, an extraordinary musical outburst or just a "ha ha I'm mad me" domestic escapade. Waiting to see what the weird little brain cooks up next is half the fun. I'm wondering if she's retained her wee Edinburgh accent, not that I'm dialect policing you understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Afternoon Fraus.
So looks like I have missed... Nothing. I’m not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Also Jack if you are reading here can we please have an update on the Nutribullet please? My life hasn’t known peace since Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m blocked for an age old tweet (that didn’t tag JM) re daily kitchen. Can someone share a little info re BAFTA-Gate in the crappy bungalow ?
It's not very interesting, really. Jack posted a photo of the kitten on Instagram and Louisa's BAFTA was visible in the background.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's been very, very quiet indeed. I fear this may be the calm before one of several possible storms. There could be a new and exciting Karening in the offing, a full on "I'm better than you" snark bomb at some hapless Twitter fan, suffering -the like of which no human has ever endured in all of history because life is just that little bit tougher for Jack, a series of barked instructions about what we should be giving to foodbanks like she's checked what every foodbank in the UK actually needs, a new recipe for us to marvel at, an extraordinary musical outburst or just a "ha ha I'm mad me" domestic escapade. Waiting to see what the weird little brain cooks up next is half the fun. I'm wondering if she's retained her wee Edinburgh accent, not that I'm dialect policing you understand.

She is working on the video. I just know she is, and don't anyone tell me anything else. I think she is trying to line up Matt for the ice sculpting right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.