Jack Monroe #508 Dearheart, have you been at the salad bag pesto?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @shugabug23 and @Ms Biscuit for nominating the words of @moldwarp for thread title, you all win tickets to a festival where Jack is a no-show šŸŽ‰

In the last thread our intrepid undercover reporter Sir Bob of the Knob donned a rage nan disguise to report back from one of the two appearances Jack managed to turn up to. Donnie was out of his element, it seems.

It appears Jack is still very much at the duck About stage of proceedings and frustratingly slow to arrive at Find Out City. Must be something to do with the trains.

Newcomers please read the pink wiki above. Everyone make sure you grunk before you check in on the status of granola etc.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118
Didn't quite make the cut on the last thread so...

I think the red ones thread still makes a point without the carers tweet.

It's annoying how some stuff becomes jack canon which isn't true, like the cancer baiting which was two separate tweets jammed together. It undermines actual points which tend to be less "gotcha" and more nuanced.

Makes me want to wade in and explain stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Looking forward to Jack adding that the Ā£69 carerā€™s allowance squig didnā€™t actually donate to her PayPal because it doesnā€™t offer sufficient transparency like GoFundMe does, to the #TROLLCLAIMS thread.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Bringing this over from the previous thread. There's been a Jack sighting in the wild. Well...a Mumsnetter saw her at Cambridge Literary Festival so not quite 'the wild' but here's the screenshot.

From that other siteā€¦

View attachment 2185710
The phone checking and shaking has convinced me that it's an accurate report lol. šŸ˜‚ Who'd have thought the organisers would actually get extra security?!

Can you imagine checking your phone constantly when you're in front of an audience? Sad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
On the next thread and beyond can people please...
b) stop chiming in with ā€œhas she moved yet?!/ posted the granola recipe yet?/ been sued yet?!ā€
Sorry, I'm guilty of that, though I do always try to add a comment about Jack's ongoing behaviour, and not just the silly remark.

This retraction from the carers allowance squig, whether it be at Jack's behest or not, is too little too late. Eyes are already on her and people are inclined to think "no smoke without fire."

ETA...ooooo cross thread quotes in my post. How did I do that?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
She's got away with it, hasn't she. And she'll do it again and again and she will never ever be held accountable for anything.

I love the Canal, and you ninnies cheer me up with your wit, and teach me a lot with your wisdom. But I think I need some time off from the Jackiverse because it'sso predictable and depressing. :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
She's got away with it, hasn't she. And she'll do it again and again and she will never ever be held accountable for anything.

I love the Canal, and you ninnies cheer me up with your wit, and teach me a lot with your wisdom. But I think I need some time off from the Jackiverse because it'sso predictable and depressing. :(
Her trajectory reminds me of this quote:

ā€œHow did you go bankrupt?" Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 64

It's annoying how some stuff becomes jack canon which isn't true, like the cancer baiting which was two separate tweets jammed together. It undermines actual points which tend to be less "gotcha" and more nuanced.

Her thread totally makes a point. That point isnā€™t invalidated because of one small part of it. We all know Jack would have raked it in. Thatā€™s one small part of the story.
Find your sharpest edge, red one. Brazen it out - Jackā€™s done it for years! You can do it.

Reactions: 64
This retraction from the carers allowance squig, whether it be at Jack's behest or not, is too little too late. Eyes are already on her and people are inclined to think "no smoke without fire."
And I think this one twitter thread is tiny in the scheme of things, no disrespect to the squig.
---
Hope you're alright @pumbilical cord. Always wanted to say that I love your username! :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I'd say she totally hasn't got away with it, her reputation has fallen so much in the last 18 months and continues downwards.

Yes it's highly unlikely anything will happen with all the people that chose to give her money on PayPal. But she can't do it again and There will probably be another big drop of in patreon come next month.

Unpopular opinion but it almost certainly wasn't much, PayPal at lest temp suspend personal accounts when they get a flurry and that didn't happen because I was watching out for it. I'd be shocked if she got any more than 1-2 weeks of bungalow rent money.

• Heart
Reactions: 80

I think it's important for people to understand that " 2 separate tweets together" is a core part of an NLP-type manipulation playbook. Give an impression by relying on people (reasonably) inferring cause and effect or a direct relationship between two facts, but then be able to deny you said any such thing.
Eg if I said I'd been to Xyz restaurant for dinner, then said I was sick as a dog all night. Provably did not claim fact A caused fact B, but allow the inference to suit the narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

We all have a break from here from to time. It gets to you. Though the canal has a greater pull that brings you back.

Your own MH is most important here, though. So when you are ready, come back. Be sure in the knowledge that the ninnies will never let anything Jack says or does, go by without being captured for posterity.

That goes for any of you marvelous ninnies. I've had a few breaks from here to protect myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 112
Checking your phone constantly in front of an audience sounds rude to me. No sympathy for guest whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
She is disgusting. She knows full well she has done wrong. Taking the time to use a fake arms account to argue the point into the early hours of the morning smacks of someone desperately trying to cover up her scams. She has so many different personas, all her socks being all confrontational and then her main account being all woe is me, toot toot. She is hiding her thievery in plain sight. She has taken donations and done nothing but spend them on her.
No recourse.

She is disgusting and Iā€™m not sure this post even makes sense. I just canā€™t.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I'd say she totally hasn't got away with it, her reputation has fallen so much in the last 18 months and continues downwards.

Yes it's highly unlikely anything will happen with all the people that chose to give her money on PayPal. But she can't do it again and There will probably be another big drop of in patreon come next month.

Unpopular opinion but it almost certainly wasn't much, PayPal at lest temp suspend personal accounts when they get a flurry and that didn't happen because I was watching out for it. I'd be shocked if she got any more than 1-2 weeks of bungalow rent money.
Not sure I agree with your last point Yel. Her PayPal will be a steady drip of donations so it perhaps wouldnā€™t be unusual for her to tweet something that causes a bigger flurry into her account.
this got coverage in the Guardian, she was wetting her knickers talking about it. Never once about what the reputational damage was, only ever that sheā€™d get enough for her forever house. Sheā€™s been waiting patiently for someone with money and standing to say something she didnā€™t like and she jumped at the chance to sue them (well, to talk about suing them).

the only way anyone can ever be sure how much, or how little, she raised is for an independent audit of her PayPal and as sheā€™s unable to distinguish what money was for what cause, itd all need to be considered.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Pondering on the red squig, I think it might be possible that carer's allowance squig has forced a retraction. Something to do with the wording of it makes me think that; "She has no idea the person has come forward and has played no part in my removing the thread." If guest had threatened legal action, then of course she'd be playing a part in red squig removing the thread. Guest could hardly contact red squig and say "and you'd better tell them I don't know anything about this or else"

It's weird anyway, no doubt. This is why they should stick to COLD FURIOUS FACTS.

Reactions: 44

Try not to get too down dear heart. As others have said it can be hard to remember quite how lauded she was on twitter and in the media only a year ago. That has all changed. She is now severely hamstrung as to any personal 'fundraising' which was lucrative for her before. Her bluetick support has all but disappeared. It is beyond frustrating she won't answer certain questions - the VBI, patreon, the lawsuit - and we keep getting the Toot Toot life is so great tweets. But things really have changed so much for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
We all have a break from here from to time. It gets to you. Though the canal has a greater pull that brings you back.

Your own MH is most important here, though. So when you are ready, come back. Be sure in the knowledge that the ninnies will never let anything Jack says or does, go by without being captured for posterity.

That goes for any of you marvelous ninnies. I've had a few breaks from here to protect myself.
Iā€™m at the needing a break stage too. I know itā€™s not an airport etc etc. But she is actually affecting my wellbeing at the mo.

Itā€™s like an abusive relationship; you think youā€™re finally at the tipping point where things will change (i.e. you can LEAVE) but then the manipulation, gaslighting, ā€˜show me where I said thatā€™ starts, and youā€™re back to square one. No wonder sheā€™s pulled this off for 10 years, she is an expert at it. I feel so depressed that Sue Lee-gate isnā€™t going to bring her down, and seemingly nothing will.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.