Jack Monroe #502 I just want to cook beans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😡 THE START

Welcome to thread 502 everyone!

Congratulations to @Orphan_Black for nominating Jack’s beautiful worlds for the title. You win… chess?

in the last thread, Jack claimed to have received another malicious welfare check.

She also said she got “skilfully thrashed “ by “chess bae”, 😬

Now she’s tweeting about herself. Can anyone recap in more detail please?

Wiki pink button up there 👆🏻for newcomers and lurkers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I would have been first but I forgot about the phone in my hand.
---
Oh I was first. I’m so adorable

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Thanks to guest the cost of living crisis is solved. Just going to ask my boss to triple my pay!

Thankyou for rescuing us guest!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
How the …. can she actually use the word ‘earn‘ in a tweet and everyone keep a straight face… the only thing she has ever legitimately earned is derision.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Our Jack told us she's adorable in the kitchen. She knows, cos she filmed herself cos all her tender, gentle friends told her.

She has a big dog.

She shared a pic of part of the kitchen without all her tat or the sentient rug. Has she moved? Is the move coming up?

She has a big dog.

Countdown to Sue Lee day on Monday has begun.

She has a big dog.

She has become Agent Guest, sharing her vast knowledge about the world of work and pay negotiations.

SHE HAS A BIG DOG!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Jack said she did Saturday Kitchen a couple of times pre DKL, but is currently turning down telly. I've Googled it and cannot find any mention of SK and Jack, but happy to be proven wrong? Or is it

1683911880015.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Aren't her mealtimes like at some stupid time in the middle of the day. Didn't she once cook an evening meal at like 11am or did I dream that?

Who exactly are these friends who've nothing better to do that go and watch her cook in the middle of the day? She's in her 30s. It can't be Big L as she's busy coming up with ideas for awards. What is this odd world she lives in?

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Jack has offered some guidelines for promoting yourself and making money. I took the liberty of translating to account for reality:

Jack's Rules for Financial Success

1. Get famous off a blog that you eventually abandon. Promise to update it constantly. Do so rarely, and only when obligated to post a recipe related to another media piece or to beg for money.

2. Say you are an expert of some kind with lived experience of poverty. Repeat often until people believe it is true. It is not true. They don't care, and no one will do the research. Book appearances to lie about your past. Give the occasional interview. Be late or don't show if you have better things to do, like sleep. No worries. You've got passive income from your numerous tip jar rattles and the credulous subscribers to your Patreon.

3. Refer to your "100-hour weeks" of work although there is absolutely no evidence that you get off your ass to do anything for others unless you are contractually obligated. Tell people that their donations make your work possible. They won't ask "what work"? They'll just send you money "for all that you do."

4. Sue someone for libel because she mistakes you for someone else. Choose an idiot who won't back down or apologize. Use sock puppets and baiting, be admonished by the judge for doing so, but get your money anyway. Jackpot. Spend on yourself--you earned it with all your hard work!

5. Refer to and lie about your family and friends and insist that they are always with you, just out of frame, even though they never, ever, post to support you or back you up. Hint that you're going to commit s*ic*de on public accounts that your child can read. Claim to suffer from every ailment under the sun (people will identify with the ailments and send you money out of pity). Adopt every identity under the sun (people will call you an "ally" and give you awards and money). Insist that there is a well-paid troll farm dedicated to harassing you. Even though there is no evidence of any harassment, just keep saying there is. People will believe you. People love victims. The donations will roll in.

6. Write truly crappy books that always center yourself, are full of errors, and contain inedible and insulting recipes. Who cares if they don't sell. What matters is the advance. If you get tired of doing this, just be late to your publisher. What are they going to do about it?

7. Most importantly, get a top-level celeb to respond to your sycophantic posts by promoting your Patreon. KA-CHING! Don't worry about the promised rewards. Always remember: you aren't in this for other people. You're in it for you. How dare anyone expect you to apologize for taking money for nothing? What matters is YOU and your feelings.

8. Almost forgot! Solicit money for various grifts (t-shirts, legal funds, etc.) and have them all go straight into your account. Tell people you will "donate" said funds. They're idiots. They'll never ask where their money went. Time to go shopping!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 113
56 pages on the previous thread?! You're expert mitherers, fraus. 👏

Edit: and mavens

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I’m currently tattling while cooking a vegetable curry. My cat has entered the kitchen. Shall I? (I’m pretty adorable).

oh, she’s walked out again.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Got on board a southbound 7:47
Didn't think before deciding what to rinse
Oh, her talk of opportunities, TV breaks and ninnies
Rang true, but never rang true
Seems it never rains in Southend Thorpe Bay
Seems I've often read that kind of tweet before
It never rains in Southend Thorpe Bay
But guest, don't they warn ya?
It snows, Mx, it snows

• Haha
Reactions: 29
There was no coronation chaos 😔
There was no thread #500 chaos 😔
We may be about to get a weekend chaos as she's tweeting about herself🤞

guest aka Jack is simultaneously in the deepest, darkest pit of despair and high as a kite with delicious chess bae 🤢 who the mavens suspect is a man

She's the self proclaimed most adorable thing when she's cooking but we've all seen DKL, Lorraine, Hellman's live, This Morning and beg to differ

She's never been on Saturday Kitchen Live so that's her very own #TROLLCLAIM

She hasn't moved yet

😡 THE END

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Ooof she’s high, I give it until 8pm before the JOY and WONDER and 🥰☺ ends and the snark begins to creep in

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.