Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Amanda Lin

VIP Member
Hi all,

Anyone with addiction issues want to identify themselves as an addict and give me their personal details including home address?

I will send you some leaflets.

Also I’m totally reliable with personal data, I have thousands of people’s home addresses in ring binders, I mostly collect them so that I can never send them Postcards. I also keep hold of coroner’s reports.

I don’t need to adhere to GDPR rules because I have special exemption for being smol & a total chaos.

Thanks all 🥰

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 113

DianeAbbotsMojito

Chatty Member
Lol your username. If you don’t mind me asking (and it’s not already been covered? Sorry have skipped 2 threads!!) - are you a post guardian article convert or did you know before?

If you’re able to/want to I’d suggest opening a PayPal claim or a patreon customer service ticket to try and reclaim the money because you donated to someone you’d been duped into believing was low income and struggling 😬 I honestly think the guardian article is gonna do her over cos any one requesting refunds can link to an interview with her published in the British press as evidence - she played herself w that one 🤡
Hi, I had been loosely following the Twitter hoohar so had an inkling that she'd been on the make but largely put it out of my mind as we all know what Twitter can be like.

Then I read the piece at the weekend and I was 😳 at the fucking £300 sideboards. Then I read Twitter, Andy Lynes saying Tattle was right, I came and skim read these threads (no one has the time to read in depth, sorry!) and drew my own conclusions. I'm angry that I got fished in and I'm angry and the idiots defending her.

• Heart
Reactions: 111

DianeAbbotsMojito

Chatty Member
Sadly it’s more than possible to buy jackets for that cheaply, but the costs are borne by the black and brown ppl (usually women) down the production line and their environment tbh. Jack is a huge proponent of fast fashion but figures cos she loves volume buying. No idea why she’s not called out for this more.
Regarding the volume buying, there was a Twitter post earlier from a supposed makeup group JM was in on Facebook. She posted a photo of a massive haul of newly acquired lipsticks, allegedly from 2017 when she was running the Patreon. How the hell do people support this?

I'm new to this thread so hi and apols for just barging in. I'm one of the sad mugs who bought her shit and donated. I'm beyond angry with this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 109

DianeAbbotsMojito

Chatty Member
Omg I feel like I’m talking to a unicorn - it’s interesting/a relief to see that a layperson (or even supporter?) saw that article in the same way we did…? But welcome dear heart, this is a safe space and quite a few ppl here have been duped. Someone got sent 6 copies of the same postcard of a “shithouse onion” so it could always be worse I guess 😂❤

If you don’t mind me asking (and you don’t have to answer this at all btw) - on the occasions when you supported her how did that come about pls? Cos she used to post her PayPal asking for tips a lot more before these threads, she obvs put the tip jar up on Twitter the day it was launched, and she’s had a Patreon open for nearly 6 years lol. And then there are those ghastly books to buy nd all! 😱
I don't mind at all!

I'd followed her (not religiously as I tend to dip in and out of Twitter) for a while and had my heartstrings tugged by her posts, basically. I was in long term sick (lucky enough to be on full pay for most of it!) and ended up on twitter more,this was 2017. I saw she had a Patreon and thought actually, I can afford £3.50 a month so I signed up. When the murmurs started, I stopped my payments and switched my donations to go directly to a local food bank. I was still unsure that there was any truth in the murmurs at this point but conversely, I didn't know that she wasn't blowing donations on fucking furniture either!

I haven't really paid any attention to it until the weekend then I was like ok what the fuck. And here we are.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 108

SendReceive

Chatty Member
The positive PR just keeps on coming. This is a reply to a squig who pointed out that Portillo is also a client of Kruger Cowne. Fair point I think.

2778BBC2-00D8-441E-B57E-EA702D59C2FD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 105

The carlin

Because The Poor don't deserve joy, flavour, creaminess in their meals or a memorable experience.

HTH

The reviewers seem to have missed the whole chuffing point of the recipes. They should be tasty and thrifty based on the actual ingredients rather than people having to tweak or add things from a storecupboard they may not have available to them. I doubt any of the reviewers are the target audience for the book so they aren't restricted in terms of adding texture or flavour with other ingredients.
Re BIB

While it's all fun to take the piss (like you all do so very well 👌 ) it fucking,fucking grinds my gears that this is the core message of this fucker and her enablers.

The key message is poor people can live on vegetable peelings and chicken porridge GRUEL. ITS FUCKING GRUEL, in 2023. 🤬
Add in some bland, tasteless nutritionally bereft sludge and bobs your uncle.

Sorry, but it makes me so angry and then you have the wetwipes banging on about how much good she does. She does fuck all but line her own pockets whilst stomping all over needy people.

They don't need flavour or nutrition they're poor and stupid and should be gratefull

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103

Elthi86

1000000755.jpg

Jack only has the massive house and thousands of pounds of furniture as the result of pov-related *tRaUmA*, you guys 😥

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 102

Geetbo

VIP Member
I am SEVERELY UNWELL (I have a cold) so I am enjoying snark Jack. It usually builds to a crescendo and her deleting Twitter by about midnight so I’ll get the popcorn on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

TbilisiPeach

Chatty Member
Ireland Live have tested 3 recipes. I think the reviewer is trying to be polite but it's not looking particularly great.

View attachment 1873414

View attachment 1873415
This is the type of review that ultimately damages her. As much as Frau Andy's was funny, it was hardly unbiased. If I knew nothing of Jack, I might just discard his review. This poor Irish writer (haven't the Irish suffered enough???) has nothing positive to say, so I'd never buy the book based on this write up.

And 12 points go to Ireland. Chapeau.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
Today‘s fantastic title is brought to you by @blurstoftimes and nominated by the fragrant @Brian Butterfield

You each win a 10 year old tweed jacket from Tesco.

Wiki is the pink button up there, nominate new thread titles towards the end of the thread,

:)

Chaos continues! In an attempt to bury the completely absurd lie that she was in a bath full of coins for That Photoshoot for the Guardian, Jack is living her BEST LIFE with LOADS of offers of new interviews, festivals and events. She may or may not have posted out Patreon postcards. And that tweed jacket was cheap as chips and hasn’t pilled anywhere despite being made of polyester.

Virgin Radio are taking the piss out of her stellar money saving tip to write a shopping list before you go to the supermarket.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

AndrewsDaddy

Chatty Member
Newer visitors may not realise her crap advice goes beyond food and kitchen utensils. A few moths ago she advised people to cancel their fuel DDs leading to people being charged more, not automatically included in the government capping scheme and at risk of going into debt as her advice was not to pay if you couldn’t. Contrary to the CAB and Martin Lewis advice of other routes to get help. Arrogant little cow insisted she knew best and never replied when victims panicked.
64347FDA-21ED-4ADC-A2B0-638F155C61C6.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 99

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
She is utterly deranged you know. Just absolutely consumed by the fact that people don’t buy her shite.
5BF790EA-3D35-4BD1-8DB5-22714F60B2F9.jpeg

Biog of the squig she’s replying to:
E40BB7CD-2AEB-4E4B-9CF1-3A821816150C.jpeg

I strongly believe an enabler like this is not qualified to coach addicts.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 99