Jack Monroe #448 The first ebook to be pulped in history

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Geetbo for the thread title, nominated by @heretoreaditall2019. You both win a book of your choice from Jack’s 2022 reading list.

Jack had a lovely relaxing new year with a hundred sausage rolls and a party of people who definitely weren’t imaginary.

Grifty Kitchen is IN THE SHOPS! The ebook has gone walkabout. Is a chaos incoming? Who can say

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110
Recap: there was a pretend party, a candid shot of Jack pretending to be asleep, a list of books Jack pretended to read last year, a batch of pretend home baked sausage rolls, a pretend PERSONAL invite from Viv RIP and Jack continuing to pretend that she’s sleeping on the sofa while pretending to be about to be entering a housing chaos

• Haha
Reactions: 89
Well, well, well look what a book blogger posted the day before Jack's resolution to read 183 books this year. Of course she had to elevenerife it from the blogger's 182
So is this Jack’s new thing, if she is going to write 4 blogs a week, will they be about each book she has read?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Frauen I present to you the pics my sister got of GK take 2.

Notes from her - she couldn’t find an endorsement from Jay inside but she did only have a quick (self conscious) flick. She found Nigella’s and it’s long, and she remembered me saying something about tumble drier fluff so found that too.

Not sure if it’s ok to put her thank yous because they have names but she has published them? And yes, Borbora made it. The cheese mash is for the Idahoan fans as it may be their aneurysm - clearly fate as she only noticed it because even Jack said it’s not a recipe.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 167
The ebook going MIA is very odd. I wonder if it could’ve been a contract issue, if she’d used recipes which had been produced for collabs like Del Monte, Linda McCartney etc (so would have technically been their property not Jack’s)?
Or maybe it is just the terrible hacks. It’s one thing the dangerous advice being printed in a book that hardly anyone is going to buy. Quite another if it’s in a freebie that potentially has a much wider reach.
Anyway, chaos-wise, 2023 is getting off to quite a promising start. Nearly 3 years since the great Jamie pile-on too.

Reactions: 52
I TOLD YOU ALL SHE WAS AN ALIEN SPACE ROBOT.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 15.56.57.png

ETA: Also three cheers for Jenny, Peter and Borbora. You did your best to contain the slopgibbon but you were no match for her alien space powers. I salute your efforts all the same.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111
Well, here’s something interesting…

Jack’s publishers blurb from The Bookseller’s announcement.

364CB83C-809B-4549-8938-41BD82D030C2.jpeg

“hmmm we wouldn’t go quite that far”
4AFB3248-0EC3-4684-8D05-96342B5DA6EB.jpeg
Yeah, we’re not even prepared to commit to that, Amazon. 😂
FC4C6587-234A-4A5C-A0CA-E591F40583C9.jpeg
Also, reposting on new thread cos it might get a bit lost at the end of the last one, it’s worth remembering Nigella has not actually endorsed Grifty Kitchen and that they’ve just VERY naughtily recycled it from Good Food for Bad Days
0B7260CD-3546-4C6E-BDB4-16AC17CB1D9F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
I TOLD YOU ALL SHE WAS AN ALIEN SPACE ROBOT.

View attachment 1848391

ETA: Also three cheers for Jenny, Peter and Borbora. You did your best to contain the slopgibbon but you were no match for her alien space powers. I salute your efforts all the same.
Jesus, has she really put the 'Needless to say, I had the last laugh' bit in? What a sad little life, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114

Notes from her - she couldn’t find an endorsement from Jay inside but she did only have a quick (self conscious) flick. She found Nigella’s and it’s long, and she remembered me saying something about tumble drier fluff so found that too.

Not sure if it’s ok to put her thank yous because they have names but she has published them? And yes, Borbora made it. The cheese mash is for the Idahoan fans as it may be their aneurysm - clearly fate as she only noticed it because even Jack said it’s not a recipe.
Jack drying her entire body with a flannel is not an image I ever wanted in my head but here we are :sick: thank(space)you and your sister for your service!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 74

😂 Lurchio gets a shout out! As does Lineker!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
Jesus, has she really put the 'Needless to say, I had the last laugh' bit in? What a sad little life, Jack.
Poor Jack, frantically glugging poison and wondering why Jenny, Pete and Borbora won't die.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Jack drying her entire body with a flannel is not an image I ever wanted in my head but here we are :sick: thank(space)you and your sister for your service!
It's ok, she rarely washes so very little drying actually happens.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47

I’m sorry but is that a recipe for instant cheesy mash, using instant mash and…..cheese? No wonder this has been a long time coming; this stuff is life-changing and paradigm-altering.

• Haha
Reactions: 126
Can believe I didn't have painstakingly washing bubble wrap with squash bottle bleach every few weeks on my bingo card for 2023.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.