Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
Squig: Jack if you don’t mind me suggesting it, have you possibly read Gillian McAllister thrillers they might be your kind of thing, sorry for intruding

Jack: Yes! Gilly just handed me the first draft of her next novel and I devoured it, full of daft ideas and gently heated toast, giggling as I fixed a few plot holes for her. She’s dozing at my feet now, her tummy warm

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 140

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Just read the MN thread. Obvs the usual cries of ‘be kind to women!’ And ‘she does so much good!’ but overall it’s leaning towards about 80% agreeing with OP, that Jack is a grifter, and abusing people’s (mostly women’s) goodwill.

I don’t feel it’s Tattlers that have crossed over, despite the comments of ‘go back to Tattle’ popping up throughout the thread. The MN critics have mostly read here, and AM’s blog etc. but I think it’s clear that posters have had their own misgivings, and then simply followed the trail. I see it as just curiosity. I know when I get my teeth into something I Google it to death, and want to justify/validate my own thoughts and opinions sometimes.

One thing I would say about reading here and taking it elsewhere though, is that the wit, realisations, scouring for evidence, and damn well forensic mitherings of the canal members are their/each ninny’s intellectual property. By all means read here, but give credit where it’s due yeah, pals! Don’t nick ideas from the canal and then pretend you don’t read here. Please don’t steal original ideas and pass them off as your own like that nasty Michelin starred Tom Kerridge did to poor Jack 🥹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 139

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
it still absolutely mental to me that jack is sleeping on a sofa when there are multiple bedrooms in her house. Grey Gardens vibes at this point.
She's practising for her house move ok? Like when we were moving to Australia, I made daughter sleep upside down for a month beforehand to get her used to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 138

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
So in 2022 she was reading an average of a book every 3 days, while:

-Working 120 hour weeks (avg 17 hours a day, 7 days a week)
-Attending 10+ AA meetings per week (around 2 hours each?)
-Parenting
-Walking her huge dog twice a day
-At least 2-3 hours every day fighting fires on her main Twitter, not to mention all the time spent on her sock accounts

She really needs to share her hacks for manipulating the space-time continuum, never mind faffing about with egg rings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 136
Shamelessly copying my post from the other thread.
Sorry everyone for the delay, I could palm you off with a cacaphony of excuses but I SHAN'T (actually I was just Busy)!
The results are here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Rl5mSSFrs8ce1QKoOYDHi5HZlCJzsfRILFZEk8hltoI/edit

I used a google form again and I couldn't figure out how to turn off responses. So if you would like to leave a message, funny comments, grafitti or tell me to get fucked, feel free.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 136

MancBee

VIP Member
Just leaving this here for posterity. It's an old tweet, but confirms that the manuscript was read at least twice by her publisher!

View attachment 1847028
Happy New Year to all you ninnies. I have never met any of you, but I know that I would rather spend a whole day in the company any one of you, than 5 minutes with Jack.

I hope that 2023 treats all us asshats kindly, you all deserve to be in the New Years honours list for your contribution to humour.

After reading the tweet in the above quote I thought "firkling" sounded familiar...and I was right. A quick google and Jack is using another word wrong!

Firkling means to search, look or rummage about trying to find something. Jack thinks she has made up a new word, using it in her purple prose recipe introductions, and assigns it the incorrect definition of a sneaky handful. Jack really is an idiot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 134

Geetbo

VIP Member
Grifty Kitchen being the first ebook to be pulped in history is the new years gift I was hoping for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 127

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Screenshot_20230101-164647_Twitter.jpg

Sure, Jan.

Remind me again how the summer of #makingmemories and multiple trips away with SB went?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 122

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Look not to be mega cunty or anything but… what the fuck is that selection of books? How did someone who claims to spend time poring over the communist manifesto not manage anything remotely political, anything about, I dunno, the pressing issues of the day - environmentalism, poverty, globalism - something historic? Just trash thrillers. People like what they like and I get that but for someone who claims to be a polymath and a woman for all seasons that’s a shockingly narrow focus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 117

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
You know what would be AMAZING - if she got another live day time telly slot and they asked her to demo how to open a tin can with a knife and mallet on air...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116