Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
OT.... Please can someone tell me what ticket and dots symbols are for? ...... Usually in reference to an Apple related word.

Sorry. I'm tired and a bit dim

Reactions: 16

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Perhaps Jay and Nige could do a cookalong of their favourite recipes from Grifty Kitchen, opening all the tins with knives and mallets and maybe even taking the fishy egg rings for a test drive. After all they were both keen to endorse the recipes and tips, it only seems fair they show the rest of us how they might work in practice.
Nigella actually endorsed good food for bad days with that quote, not this book. Just like Jack’s “brand new recipes” it’s recycled.

From memory, was there a recycled Nigel Slater quote in the mix for Grifty Kitchen at some point too?
925C34FE-0EE4-4766-BBFB-41FB9FC14B2C.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 15

TillyMiffin

Chatty Member
I have finally caught up, happy new year everyone! Hope you had a fun Hogmanay. I just wanted to add, very very late that when I was grunking I genuinely thought that the dedication in the new book was a spoof written but the canal. I genuinely can't believe it was printed. I genuinely can't believe the whole thing was printed tbf. Can't wait for the reviews!
Ooh I missed that! What did it say?!

Reactions: 14
To be honest, and only because I’m stubborn and am shit at asking for help, it was ‘self cured’. Like you, my husband was good with money and I was truly shit. I felt like I was letting him down. So I set myself a challenge of not buying myself anything ‘unnecessary’ for a month. Everything I wanted to buy I just left in an online basket and told myself I’d come back to it. More often than not I’d come back to it and the urge had gone. If I still wanted it I said I’d come back to it in another week, and so on. At the end of the month I was pleased with how much money I’d saved (ie not wasted). Same again the following month. I still have spending urges, and sometimes I give in to them, but in general I prefer to see the money building up in my account. My weakness is still buying things for the children, but I’ve got better at working out what they actually ‘need’ and what is just me wanting to spoil them.
Thank you dear heart ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14