Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmTellinYa

Chatty Member
It stays with you. I always knew I was unplanned, I always knew mum really didn't want me, so I turned to my nan who lived with us, I adored her. It was only years later that mum admitted trying to get rid of me my drinking gin in a scalding hot bath. It hurt, but it confirmed what I already felt.
Same I was incredibly close to my grandparents on my mums side. My mum told me on numerous occasions she wished I'd never been born at all and then disowned me completely at the age of 15. Not seen or heard from her since. Like you she didn't need to tell me, I already knew how she felt all through my childhood. It's a funny old life isn't it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I’m surprised her lawyer is so bloody cheerful after what she did the other day!
Fuck, better specify I meant she insinuated DW did this, i’m not saying she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
The stuff I was reading by 10 😱 I had an advanced reading age and plundered my mum’s books. Virginia Andrews, Jackie Collins, Stephen King, the Idi Amin biography 😳
I turned out ok. On the outside.
Hahahahahahaha.
I started reading the Kay Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwall at around 13/14 because I was really into crime thrillers and bloody hell THAT SERIES took a hard genre turn. I was so embarrassed to return the books to the library. And my mother used to read the books I was reading so I had to hide that one in my bag until it was safely read and returned.😂

I think if you have a kid with a love of reading who's getting through loads of books it's a lot harder to keep them from reading something a bit too adult by mistake, but surely if your kid had read 23 books by the same author you'd have taken an interest and cracked the cover open for a little read long before now, or even read it to him as a bedtime story???

Also this tweet (by a YouTuber so uncovered) is not about jack, but at the same time it (yes) absolutely (x) could be of great use to our Cack.

Screenshot_20200708-093526__01.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Same I was incredibly close to my grandparents on my mums side. My mum told me on numerous occasions she wished I'd never been born at all and then disowned me completely at the age of 15. Not seen or heard from her since. Like you she didn't need to tell me, I already knew how she felt all through my childhood. It's a funny old life isn't it.
Gosh. I had no grandparents. I was the youngest of 4 and was a mistake. Told that all through my life. Was basically tormented/bullies by my older siblings and, because I was a bit of a nightmare child (didn’t sleep etc) was told frequently if I’d been the first I’d have been the last 😬 Lovely. My elder siblings still resent me to this day. Funnily enough one of them has recently trained to be a counsellor which is quite strange as they are the MOST judgemental person I know and treats me with utter disdain and laughs / mocks me behind my back. Which is just normal for anyone on their radar unless in their clique. 🤷‍♀️ As you say, it’s a funny old life. Now in my much older years I’ve grown to accept and ignore and just be.

• Sad
  • Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I would have gone under more than once in the last ten years without my mum.

Not to keep the roof over my head but living on a pittance has been very hard. Both in and out of work.
I got this voicemail from my Nana when lockdown started, just checking you’re ok and if you need anything...cos she heard people were struggling with money. I’m in my forties! I know how lucky I am in many ways; to have her still (especially being as we are WC as they come- cleaners and pitmen I’m from) and to have someone who cares. I just don’t think Jack had no one around who cared or who could help and that child was at the root of it. If it even happened. I’ve seen real poverty, I grew up on a council estate with prostitution and drug use just down the doors. I don’t like the cosplay.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Chocolate girl

Yeah. I don't think Jack was in poverty long. She talks about she doesn't hoard food. As someone who didn't always have food growing up I am an absolute boarder now. So are everyone I know who had the same experiences.

I mean not everyone is the same etc etc but still.

(This is a comment I thought of like six threads ago...)
So true, as an example when I was a kid my parents had a really violent fight over there not being enough bread in the house as someone had eaten one slice and they couldnt afford to get any more etc etc,
so now I'm obsessed with making sure there are always several loaves in my house... like I'm sure my kids and husband think I've got some weird fixation on bread 😂

• Heart
  • Sad

Silver Linings

VIP Member
D22EC6B7-014A-4246-A7F7-57C21C98EDD2.jpeg
She’s ‘liked’ this even though the person had basically changed the recipe and then declared it delicious. 🤨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

FreeSquirrels

She’s so inappropriate, I really don’t want to read something that implies she’s going to masturbate tonight.
Will she wash her hands first?

• Sick
  • Haha

Silver Linings

VIP Member
More followers are doing the walk of shame with their shoes in their hands and their knickers in their clutchbags.

• Haha
  • Heart

Suzeyq

Chatty Member
Its way past my bedtime (oh I am getting sooooo Jack 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 )

However if I see Jack and Working Class in the same fucking sentence again (unless prefixed with isnt) I am gonna lose my shite.

How stupid are her minions!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And Goodnight xx

See you fine peoples tomorrow

• Heart
  • Wow

Flumps

VIP Member
You are 100% right! It doesn’t feed well into her expectant attitude. It’s very MC and spoiled, and something I’ve seen a lot. People don’t feel they should have to scrabble for things like night classes/adult learning because they think they’re better than that, and should be handed everything on a plate because they’re just SO wonderful
Aye, there's an entitlement there. I went to a good school and got good grades, but dropped out of University, because I was a bit of tit when I was 18. I like learning, and always felt sad that I didn't have a degree. I suppose I could have shouted about the unfairness of that on the internet, but instead I did the OU (and took a v long time over it), but eventually came away with my degree. I have plans to go further, but can't afford them in time/money at the moment, but I don't get all bitter about it, because that's life, innit?

• Heart

byropaw

Okay! I was just reading Guardian Australia online, and an article about peanut butter led me down the "hmmm, could I make peanut butter?" (quickly replaced by, no, I can't be bothered actually.)

I clicked next on Felicity Cloake's how to make the perfect peanut butter and found Ms Monroe's recipe.

So far, so ordinary. It is the Guardian circa 2015.

But then I saw the photos, and I really want you to see them, too

Hot on the heels of my peanut butter expose, I make my first ever thread title suggestion:

Peanut butter, peanut butter, Jack Monroe is an absolute...

ETA: this has it all; there's even rinsing!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick

Falkor

VIP Member
In case anyone forgets what a fucking liar she is: https://threader.app/thread/1244753809773035527

'If it weren't for that boy, i'd probably still be in the fire service. Halfway to my 25 year service medal, paying into my pension, ironing my epaulettes.'
Now that makes me really angry. Mr Falkor was a late surprise for his parents, he's 7 years younger than his next nearest sibling, so from the age of about 11, after next sibling had gone to university, his parents would frequently say things like, 'If it wasn't for him we'd be off travelling now.' He still lives with the after-effects of that today and he's in his 50s now.

• Sad
  • Wow

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Wonder if this was before or after her only vegan in the world crusade.

Looks very bog standard to me.

The thing about her twitter rants is. In a few days people won’t care about DW and his books. Even the most outraged of the outraged will move on to something else.

Would she like to be on the receiving end of what she dishes out to people? Of course not. As for her Monrowflake. Grow up.
Hmmm I'd like to think it'd take more than tomato sauce with a blob of marmalade in to get me into bed but we all have different standards I suppose... 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 43

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
So true, as an example when I was a kid my parents had a really violent fight over there not being enough bread in the house as someone had eaten one slice and they couldnt afford to get any more etc etc,
so now I'm obsessed with making sure there are always several loaves in my house... like I'm sure my kids and husband think I've got some weird fixation on bread 😂
I lived with a partner many years ago and there was never anything in to eat, he used to waste money on alcohol so the fridge was full of lager but never any food. So now I overcompensate and spend hundreds a week, I have no room for tins but at least I won't go hungry. That situation was traumatic.

• Heart
  • Sad

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
[QUOTE="heretoreaditall2019, post: 1775184, member: 47054"

She’s actually lazy. She does the bare minimum to float on by, heavily motivated by huge advance payments and and when and the rest is just being the laziest bitch going. She doesn’t even read to form opinions, she has no insightful political analysis to provide us with. Her book - again she’s so lazy she’s making black women write the fucking thing - is going to have no citations because she can’t be bothered to research for it.
[/QUOTE]
That's one of the things that really annoys me about her, the slogan shouting with no depth of knowledge. She could listen to the news, she could read atuff ,she could develop opinions based on that, but instead it's all shouty don't tell me about being poor, I used to live in POVERTY. Not one fucking nuance ever.

boys not reading is a huge issue. Is she really expecting parents to throw away loads of their children's books then pop out to their local Indy bookshop to spunk God knows what on a pile of Jack sanctioned books that they won't read.

She is so fucking middle class it is almost a parody. She comes from a background of ballet lessons and holidays on farms, not hanging around the park and holidays at Butlins, which frankly I found preferable. Her sense of entitlement is incredible.

Do what the rest of us did Jack. Save up a deposit, see a financial advisor, buy
what you can afford. If you can't afford a shitty bungalow with huge rooms and multiple bathrooms in a village location, buy a terrace in town.

• Heart