Jack Monroe #407 I lost hours yesterday learning about a Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much roughly do with think Content cost? Even though she's another thing explained away by gifting. Do you think Jack has been misspelling grifting all this time?

Reactions: 30
does the 2 boiler suits include the one Jack bought and dyed pink for a Halloween costume for SB ?

Reactions: 17
Reactions: 62

Wow that's an impressive variety of items to find in puddles

Reactions: 43
Thankyou forensic fraus I've updated the list. I will spoiler the list itself now as it's getting quite long.
We're well into house deposit territory with the discretionary spending we can think of off the top of our heads

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
I.... I don't know what Downpipe is. Am I downpipe?
Farrow and Ball paint colour, it's a very dark grey.

Re the Emin, I seem to remember it was in an earlier thread and found to be a limited edition print produced for the 2012 Olympics, but I could be wrong.

And as a freelance transcriber (double ) her transcribing with background noise may finally be my aneurysm!! But to be fair, I can see why she would transcribe an interview. If you're writing a piece it's far easier to pull quotes from a text document where you can search easily for a word to get the exact quote than it is to go forwards and backwards through a piece of audio trying to remember when the interviewee said something.

Reactions: 43
Farrow and Ball paint colour, it's a very dark grey.

Re the Emin, I seem to remember it was in an earlier thread and found to be a limited edition print produced for the 2012 Olympics, but I could be wrong.
Oh! I thought it was something like TERF. But it's just a dark elephant's breath

Reactions: 40
Thankyou forensic fraus I've updated the list. I will spoiler the list itself now as it's getting quite long.
We're well into house deposit territory just with this discretionary spending we can think of off the top of our heads
And to be clear, I think we all realise people need furniture. But spaffing how ever many £ks on duplicate high end pieces whilst pleading poverty is the point being got at.

Furniture in houses is allowed, FMs may stand down.

Reactions: 66
I've not seen the Emin is it this one?
£600 on eBay today

And to be clear, I think we all realise people need furniture. But spaffing how ever many £ks on duplicate high end pieces whilst pleading poverty is the point being got at.

Furniture in houses is allowed, FMs may stand down.
Exactly, £11k on Cotswold Company sideboards (ok ok and a £850 dining table) is the definition of discretionary spenny, not that there's anything wrong with that in itself. But as far as I'm concerned as soon as you get to "£428 on fancy knobs" the pov cosplay is out the window, and that's the first item.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50
£60 Lego flower bouquet
£60 Rock tumbler (I don't think we ever saw the rock tumbler so I just went with the first one I saw on Google)

How much is a long weekend in Venice in a 3 star hotel?

Reactions: 33
Yeah I seem to remember that being shared in old threads.
Fucking hell. If that's classed as high end Art, I get why Jack deems her 'Onion' as something special.
Emin is terrible.

£60 Lego flower bouquet
£60 Rock tumbler (I don't think we ever saw the rock tumbler so I just went with the first one I saw on Google)

How much is a long weekend in Venice in a 3 star hotel?
GIFTED!

WARNED

Reactions: 51
A squig who lives in a council house in Norwich and has a handle reflecting that posted she did a bit of (hinted cash in hand) work at a breeder in Norfolk that had pups available and looked similar the week content appeared hinted https://destiny-doodles.co.uk/ charged £2200

Reactions: 35
That specific one is not her best, for definite. If I wanted a piece that expressed that kind of sentiment I'd go for Rob Ryan. But I love ol' Trace, won't hear a bad word against her work more generally.

Reactions: 35
She'd never take on the legendary Delia with accusations of 'stealing her niche'.

Delia would kick her Mediterranean arse into touch after a sniff of the empty Angostura Bitters bottle. Where are you? Where are you? Let's be 'aving you! COME ON!

Reactions: 44
Excuse me, but WTF is with all the magnetic spice holders on the side of Le Fridge? Fine dining establishments with three Michelin stars don't have that many spices in their kitchens. That excessive display just screams "tell me you don't know anything about cooking or recipes without telling me that you don't know anything about cooking or recipes".

Last edited:
Reactions: 58
That specific one is not her best, for definite. If I wanted a piece that expressed that kind of sentiment I'd go for Rob Ryan. But I love ol' Trace, won't hear a bad word against her work more generally.
I LOVE Rob Ryan. His book,... "This is For you" is so beautiful. Little snippy bits of paper telling a love story. It's the only artwork I have in my studio

Reactions: 26
Apologies for speaking my truth about Emin. I think she's a great person. I'm not a massive fan of a lot of her art.
Let's not start a pile on pals.

Reactions: 38
Don't they all go off after a while too? Pointless having so many if you don't use them regularly.

In the list of purchases does it include those horrendous steam punk clock leggings? Worn once.

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.