Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Well done to @People-huv-tae-know for the thread title! Words from a blue tick on Twitter.

In the last thread, Jack’s recent claims of attempted ‘identity theft’ were further discussed.

Hold my tumble drier fluff and light a tin can candle - there’s only a bladdy publishing date for Thrifty Kitchen!

With a release date of January, it gives you plenty of time to fill those Christmas 2023 stockings for all your friends and rellies who you secretly loathe. Shame it will cost the price of a week’s shop but at least they didn’t push the boat out for the cover photo, making sure to purchase Jack’s stunt wig from Claire’s Accessories.

(Please can we stop adding to the ‘Off Topic - Good or Bad’ discussion? A little is fine, too much needs to jog on to food and drink. Warned!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 109

jenny2603

VIP Member
Why on earth is Jack talking to people about trade unions? She's literally the most pathetic TU member ever to draw breath. She claims that when she worked at the fire service, despite having the protection of decent public sector t&cs and one of the strongest unions in the country she was too much of a shitting dog to challenge the lack of proper maternity uniform provision, instead spending months wearing totally unsuitable men's clothing and allowing herself to feel humiliated. Then she claims to have been advised upon leaving the fire service that she could take her case to a tribunal but again shat her pants and did nothing. One instance of blatant sex discrimination and another of potential sex discrimination and what does our scrappy li'l fighter do? Nothing. She's pathetic.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 107

linzilou

oh my fuck i actually cant stand her.
ive commented more the past few days than i think i ever have on her thread but her nonsense boasting has pushed me over the edge now and my husband cant cope with it.

She had absolutely nothing to do with the increase to the healthy start vouchers last year! they went up from £3.10 to £4.25 in April 2021 after numerous MPs had been fighting for years to increase it.

Why does she never mention that only 50% of eligable people have signed up?
Why does she never mention that many food banks will assist people applying if English isnt their first language?
Why does she never mention that some supermarkets top the vouchers up so they are worth more?
Why not remind people about the switch from paper to top up card?
Why didnt she comment on the debate that went on at the beginning of THIS MONTH to increase them again and improve access? MPs were asking for people to come forward with their experience in applying and how to simplify it.
Why does she never mention that people with nrpf are eligable to receive them?

The national food strategy made 7 recommendations to parliament and only one of them (so far) has been actioned, and surprisingly its the one she is taking credit for.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 107

FrankReagan

Chatty Member
Two different squigs. Top one would ‘take a bullet’ for her (?! Maybe one of her bodyguards??) but is still questioning! The other is the one who’s been patiently and forensically questioning her achievements.

Jack . If even your biggest fans are puzzled by your evasiveness, you’ve got a BIG problem. What a shame.

Ps. Maybe they find a bullet preferable to a pumble? Who are we to judge.

0FC2B3EC-3888-485C-BBA8-EA99A5C6E697.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 105

FrankReagan

Chatty Member
I promise you I didn’t hack this! Found it in a puddle, amazingly.

EXCLUSIVE!

Keynote by Jack Monroe

Hiya. I’d like to thank Catherine Cookson for inviting me to this. Cheers, Catherine! Love your books. If I wasn’t so busy I’d give them a go. I’m an author too! My new book will be out in the new year so please, please buy it. It will help me to help so many other poor people *pause for applause*

As a working class woman, I’ve had to really struggle to get my voice heard. From the Southend Echo, to the Guardian, Diva, 6 published books, Daily Kitchen Live, BBC & ITV breakfast programmes, giving evidence at Parliament - boooo to politicians except the nice ones! - and numerous requests to appear on Strictly, I can tell you that I don’t feel at all seen. I’ve found it really, really hard to break in to the posh cliques in food and media.

Two of my previous fiancés - a chef and a top broadcaster - used to say that they couldn’t believe that I wasn’t on TV all the time! Well, here I am, humbly striving to make the world better. And some people - nefarious ones - begrudge my distant dreams of improving my life. Well they can do one! Thank you for listening. I have a Patreon if you’re interested, I’m embarrassed to mention it but my team INSISTED. Bye for now!

I’ll pose for pictures after, £25 each. Proceeds to the poor. See ya!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

LeftoverCoffee

I don't think you can call yourself working class when you've been middle class your whole life, engaged to a millionaire and getting £2k a month (at least) from doing fuck all.

So she was on benefits for a year because she quit her job. She spent that time feeling sorry for herself and apparently letting her kid go cold and hungry. That's not working class, that's lazy and looking for pity.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
'So how did you overcome those barriers to working class women making a career in writing and broadcasting?'

'Well, it was very hard. A friend from my all girls'highly selective grammar school who worked at the local paper started printing articles I wrote, which meant the blog I was writing due to having a rather expensive new phone unlike most people at the time got lots of hits, then that led to me getting a job there, then the contacts this created meant I got a book deal, and my multimillionaire chef girlfriend introduced me to her agent and lots of her friends, which meant when we broke up, there was still enough interest from the media to be able to continue to get book deals, then there was the friend that ran a once very visible magazine but now rather sad pdf putting me into the running for countless 'awards' and there would be people who I knew from the Groucho Club where I was a member, oh, and there was making friends with Nigella, and then there was the new girlfriend who had friends who worked in programme commissioning and production companies, and knows loads of politicians and PR people and whatnots...it was terribly, terribly hard for me to be so successful with no help from middleclass people whatsoever'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101

Django

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220923-191333_Twitter.jpg

That's exactly how the British legal system works, dear squig. Anyone who hates Jack will end up before the beak and they won't be allowed to speak.
The Law is on Her side.

• Haha
Reactions: 101

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
In response to the thread from squig who asked for a Patreon refund and whose business is now being review-bombed:

Screenshot_20220924-160454_Twitter.jpg

I've met infants less naive than this.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 99

Nurseali

VIP Member
In. A previous life I worked for a Spanish Bank for 16 years 🔺they made so much money off bank charges I hated it.
In my last week I reckoned I refunded over 20k of charges to people. one lovely lady ended up being 1000 in credit after my reversals.
It was my dirty protest and I figured better than just doing a massive shit on my managers desk which was my original idea

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Jay Rayner's quote 'A brilliant collection of enticing budget recipes' is clever because on first glance you assume he's at least tried some of the food. He could have said 'delicious' or 'tasty' but 'enticing' simply means they look interesting.

Well played, Jay. Well played.

• Haha
Reactions: 97

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Well, isn't that the very definition of middle class privilege?

Being the keynote speaker at an event and banging out your speech a few hours before because your livelihood doesn't depend on you doing your absolute best.

She's a disgrace.

• Heart
  • Angry

Lurkingandlaughing

I think Martin Lewis was behind everyone claiming their bank charges back, which was immense. We got over 2000 from that and banks dont charge the same way they used to. He is open and honest about his business dealings and the money he has made, as far as I know. I actually like him a alot.

• Heart

bladiesla

VIP Member
Her delivering a “keynote” speech about the barriers in place for working class women whilst simultaneously creating carriers for actual working class women, is it?

The thing about the working class is that the majority both work and pay taxes, Jack.
She's been so lucky her whole life with people giving her a leg up. Her father with his fire services connections, Allegra (and later Louisa) with her access to all things related to the media and cooking. And not just connections, the latter gave her probably a lot of benefits of the doubt or favours, just by association with Allegra.

She is the least suitable person to talk about barriers. Her only barriers at the moment are the result of her own behaviour and her shite cooking (and not having a partner to salvage dumb recipes).

As you say, she is a barrier to working class women, as she hogs a place that isn't hers by her working class cosplay.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 96

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Have just seen an exchange on Twitter in which Karl (off "fuck off Karl" fame) claims that Jack gives away all the money she gets for her brand partnerships.

Given that he was being highly critical of her until she slithered into his DMs and now appears to be fully back on her side, I dread to think what utter bilge she's been saying privately.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 95