Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that a story about an engagement only includes a photo of Jack. The implication that she’s the only one that matters. ‘Jack Monroe gets engaged to some bank account person’.
Talking of engagement. How much money did she get for thise 3, yes 3 large diamond rings?
It's so quick now the thousands she is getting has flown by.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In the wake of the Belfield verdict there's been a cynical land grab by lots of the blue tick brigade trying to conflate any criticism of them with the creepy tit he was doing. If you monetise your life, if you're always at the pulpit being beamed into our front rooms, if you habitally overshare online or ask the public to fund you for vague assurances of activism you're not going to be able to control all the conversation around you, simple as that. If you don't like the fruit, dont shake the tree.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
In the case of Georgia Church Suppers there is little to respect.
Quite a few of the recipes in that book have their roots in meals created by formerly enslaved people. Some of them were appropriated by white people. These recipes are about community. There's much to respect whether you like the food or not. Also, the issue is Monroe not knowing what the duck she's talking about, rather than the value and worth of a cookbook that represents a community.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I’d like to know how these nefarious ninnies not only guessed which emails she used for all these platforms but also the super secure passwords too, they should be offered a job at GCHQ stat.

I just made a really lovely dinner based off a recipe in THAT MANS new cookbook and am feeling v smug about it. Deliciousos!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
If Js agents have indeed booked her for a memoir (HH2.1) next September, and it's not just a mis-categorisation - could all this be a provisional recap of the 10 year torment as a popularity test run? And if she shuts everything else down (because trolls) she can add that in, retire from endless unpaid labours, and have peace and quiet to write it all out longhand in between collecting 5k's for occasional speaking gigs . It all ties up quite neatly.
I worked for the agency that did Jordan’s second autobiography at the first press conference someone asked her if it was hard for her to write and she said she wasn’t sure as she had t read it all yet 🙄 unless a massive name we never let them waffle and write their own.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
We have a few easter european shops and an asian supermarket within walking distance they really cheap. You'd think she would do more to promote them.
That’s difficult as so many parts of the country have very few ethnic shops. Rural vs Urban poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The Grenfell chat today has helped me put my finger on what bothered me about her awful article
its the bit where she talks about the pairing of the 200 shoes and the girl asking where it will all go. She says there aren’t enough survivors for all the things they have been donated. Not only is that factually incorrect but it reminded me strongly of accounts from 9/11 where it was widely reported that hospitals were on standby for injured patients in numbers that just didn’t transpire. She’s such a bleeping trauma vulture.

• Sad
Reactions: 68
In the city I live in we have Aldi and/or Lidl all over, including in the 😱 posh area
She lives very near a Lidl only a couple of minutes further than the Asda but has never used it. She said she won’t use the local shop run by an ethnic family anymore because she’s embarrassed by how much booze she bought there (it’s next door to a Tesco express which I’d assume is cheaper for booze but the Tesco express is never mentioned either).

• Wow
Reactions: 33
She lives very near a Lidl only a couple of minutes further than the Asda but has never used it. She said she won’t use the local shop run by an ethnic family anymore because she’s embarrassed by how much booze she bought there (it’s next door to a Tesco express which I’d assume is cheaper for booze but the Tesco express is never mentioned either).
She has been to Lidl but only when Harold took her in his lovely big car as a treat.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.