Jack Monroe #367 She is such a histrionic idiot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread, title by TD and suggested by
@Partygaters

Also I know this is going to go down like a lead balloon. But I think it's best to cool it a bit on talking about call out accounts, especially directing what they should post.

It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable as it's faceless accounts set up for jack and they're entering her feed with the @'ing and quote tweeting. Fair enough to talk about this if they go viral but the thread has been dominated by this and breadcrumbing. I think it's best to have a distance between tattle and these accounts.

It would be different if it was a named journalist and working towards something in the media. TD is totally different as she is a writer, has an account that isn't just to talk about Jack, is friends with Nigella and brings something new to the table.

If you want to summarise what's been posted on tattle please do add to the wiki or if anyone want to help write a bit for the tattle blog get in touch. Thanks, hope this make sence.

• Heart
Reactions: 149
Also i just went through my screenshots saved on my phone. I realised something. I need help its a mash up of random celebs and gross food. 😳

Tinkerbell is very quiet today did she rage herself in to a deep slumber.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
"She is very average in all areas": quoting a previous post.
Unlike some of the wangs we have seen

• Haha
Reactions: 38
"She is very average in all areas": quoting a previous post.
Unlike some of the wangs we have seen
On the subject of wangs of all sizes I am interested in/dreading whatever Jack and Owen Jones are cooking up together.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I am stuck waaay in the past (bad time to go away for 2 weeks) but I had to share something.

Dearheart @jenny2603 unearthed the brilliant Canny Jack collaboration, in which Jack was, presumably, paid to develop 6 exclusive recipes for Canned Food UK. These recipes included Sicilian Style Fish Stew:

Screenshot_20220819-142542_Chrome.jpg

Full recipe here: https://www.cannedfood.co.uk/recipe/sicilian-style-fish-stew-jack-monroe/

...which is interesting, because here's Jack's Catalan Style Fish Stew, published several years beforehand in Cooking on a Bootstrap:

Screenshot_20220819-142521_Chrome.jpg

Found here: https://www.waterstones.com/blog/a-...pe-from-cooking-on-a-bootstrap-by-jack-monroe I have this one seared into my brain because some friends and I once spent an afternoon trying to figure out which alleged "Catalan classic" it was based on, and couldn't. 🤷🏼‍♀️

For the record, Google Maps tells me Sicily is a mere 24 hours' drive (ferry time included) from my home, so it's an easy mistake to make.

Now back to grunking...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 181
Breaking news from Hollywood, where Tom’s trying to count Jack’s Grifts and Cotswold pieces.
5A47DAC3-F1AA-4E71-9985-D3C97E16CDB2.gif

He’s going to need a bigger boat hand.

658262DF-A207-4068-BC5B-5664730514EE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Hello darkness, my old friend,
I'm in The Groucho Club again....
So the waiter can sidle by,
Recommending that I should buy...
The squid ink pasta that should be eaten in the dark,
And all because
They unscrewed alllll the lightbulbs.

Breaking news from Hollywood, where Tom’s trying to count Jack’s Grifts and Cotswold pieces.
View attachment 1511267

He’s going to need a bigger boat hand.

View attachment 1511274
But....Jack can't swim

• Haha
Reactions: 53
About Gingerbread, from the last thread. This was the reply I had in March from my complaint about Jack working with them.

"Thank you for your submission.

At Gingerbread, we are here to support all single parents. As part of our new strategy, which is about to be launched, we have clarified that we want to be the go-to charity for anyone who self identifies as a single parent, whether they are main carers, or those with shared care.

We are extremely thrilled to have Jack Monroe support our efforts and speak at our event. We applaud her campaigning work on poverty, and highlighting the severity of the cost of living crisis.

Many thanks"

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Also i just went through my screenshots saved on my phone. I realised something. I need help its a mash up of random celebs and gross food. 😳

Tinkerbell is very quiet today did she rage herself in to a deep slumber.
Much like Batman and Bruce Wayne aren’t in the same room, I expect the same of her and her many socks. Is there a list anywhere of socks of interest?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
On the subject of wangs of all sizes I am interested in/dreading whatever Jack and Owen Jones are cooking up together.
A pantomime performance as Tweedledum and Tweedledee, possibly? You decide which is which

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hello darkness, my old friend,
I'm in The Groucho Club again....
So the waiter can sidle by,
Recommending that I should buy...
The squid ink pasta that should be eaten in the dark,
And all because
They unscrewed alllll the lightbulbs.
And here’s to you, Jackie Grift-athon
Your squigs they pay you more than you can say? oh oh oh
What’s that you say, Jackie Grift-athon?
“IT’S ALL BEEN PAID TO CHARIDEE, OKAY!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
About Gingerbread, from the last thread. This was the reply I had in March from my complaint about Jack working with them.

At Gingerbread, we are here to support all single parents. As part of our new strategy, which is about to be launched, we have clarified that we want to be the go-to charity for anyone who self identifies as a single parent, whether they are main carers, or those with shared care.

We are extremely thrilled to have Jack Monroe support our efforts and speak at our event. We applaud her campaigning work on poverty, and highlighting the severity of the cost of living crisis.

Many thanks"
I'm not single or a parent. I do identify as a single parent though because I feel as though my husband brushes the cats less than I do.
I'm ok for lightbulbs at the moment but I'd like to know what other services I can access at Gingerbread?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108

Many thanks"
Thanks @Clarends I couldn’t remember which frau had contacted them and posted the response. Not that I’d have thought it possible, but it’s even more ridiculous re-reading it after all this time.

Interesting that when she was very publicly on the bones of her arse a couple of weeks ago neither Gingerbread nor the TT seem to have rushed to employ her in a paid role tho, considering “all the good she does” for them in “supporting their efforts”.

Makes you think

ETA I am starting to think we may need a separate wang thread a la F&D. There are a lot of thirsty ninnies around 😂 (no judgment, can get a tad parched myself at times).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Many thanks"
Good grief 🤪 how can you “self identify” as a single parent? DWP would love that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Like a hooooop un-der a running tap
I will rinse you well....
Like a Patreon that won't 'fess up,
I will con you well...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Gingerbread need to shake their fecking head and sack their PR company.
It reads like absolute tosh.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Something along the lines of this. But without the turkey.
611F58A4-E38E-49BA-973A-BA1AE20A21AC.jpeg

ETA, I mean it. V. grim and single spoiler. Only click if you’re sure!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.