Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lazarus

VIP Member
An observation, which I hope the canal take in the good faith it is meant. There is no judgment or body shaming here on my part hence i've chosen not to spoiler.
Yesterday unearthed an old blog of Jack's where she was sneering and snide at people, including children who are overweight. i was not surprised by this, and i think she'd be the type to use someone's weight as an insult if she thought she could get away with it.
Unless... that person was rich and influential, for example Allegra. I'm not suggesting Allegra is fat, of course, but she's a well made woman with meat on her bones, again no judgment.

I think this shows some level of double standards from Jack: it's not ok to be overweight if you're eating chicken nuggets and processed/ready meals. it is ok to be overweight if you're eating buttery rich expensive, indulgent food.

I may be wrong, it's just an observation.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 110

jenny2603

VIP Member
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 108

TGL

Hi all, newbie here! You have had me hooting and fizzing as I've watched this blow up over the last few days. (Got kicked out of the bedroom "until I calmed down" for chuckling to myself too much last night! )

TD's glorious subtweeting had put me onto the grift a while back, but it's AM's thread that brought me to Tattle – and the wiki was quite the eye opener! I was fairly active on food twitter around the time JM rose to prominence, but now I get the impression a lot of food writers don't see her pushing for cheap food as much of a solution: someone down the chain will be getting poverty wages to milk the cows or funnel the sloppo into the tin, so her *activism*, much like her income, doesn't really add up. The VBI is surely just a list of "cheap food is still cheaper than expensive food, but not as cheap as it used to be, when I was a poor."

I can believe she's pretty skint now though if she's potentially just had to settle three years of unpaid taxes to wind up her Ltd, plus no doubt NI for Caroline with at least one hand (which could have buggered up her tax code in her next job), plus interest. Can't imagine her personal taxes were up to date either by that logic (and that 550k mortgage figure implies she earning six figures given 4.5x income in the absolute max banks will lend). I do hope Molly's next thread covers this side of things.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Words from MN, suggested by our ever brilliant @Brian Butterfield .

Wowser. That was a ride- out chaosing the chaos.

More screenshots from AM. More deflection from Jack.

The other site has a thread, it still rumbles, or rather pumbles on, leading to speculation and well, gossip.

Finally, and rather spectacularly Jack appears (we think) to defend herself using the power of grayskull * instead of ~.

Wiki for newbies. It tells you everything you need to know, other than how to make soup out of soup.

Please use “thread title” when nominating. No rude words.

Let the chaos continue…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 106

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
1659690722499.png

I’ve squiggled out who posted this as not a blue tick and I’m not totally sure this is about Jack but it’s an interesting sub tweet. I only saw it because our hero Dresserman retweeted it!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 106

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
Over time:

Tee Mill
Patreon
Ko-Fi
PayPal
Collaborations
Ad income from old blog
Affiliate links
Writing fees
Magazine recipe fees
Speaking fees
Book advances and any royalties
TV show appearances
Adverts
Court case compensation

There's only one way you spaff away this amount of money and it involves drugs, alcohol, compulsive spending and possibly gambling too (I have my suspicions). Spend it on what you like PAL but don't fucking pretend you're downsizing because you can't earn enough to afford your life. You have been given an amazing platform upon which to consolidate your career and it's gone tits up because of YOUR actions

• Heart
Reactions: 104

waffle maker

VIP Member
I remember when there was only about one chaos a week and it was about a terrible Christmas dinner or some embroidery in an apartment hotel. It was all fields round here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
NOOOOO! Mr V has come home from work early, expects me to interact with him and I am already five pages behind.

Is it wrong to manufacture a giant argument out of nothing so a person can flounce into a different room and continue with what they were doing before they were so rudely interrupted? This sort of thing, I was thinking,
AC4E00CB-CFB3-4346-950F-0E05AEB3C1CC.gif
Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 102

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Hello! I’m just popping in to say hi as it’s highly unlikely I’ll ever catch up 😩. What a time to be alive, you bunch of mendacious trollz! Jack has just deployed the “too autistic not to deal with untruths” klaxon. Poor Jack 😔.

As chaoses go, this is top tier Patreon stuff. Right, back to it…wish me luck

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99