Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cantthinkofausername

I'm traditional working class, according to that. My parents were both from working class families but upwardly mobile, so I grew up in a middle class, though pretty poor, home.

Reactions: 15

Helatruralhome

We don't have clear receipts for the others; we saw the kitten saga in real time, so we were able to put together a record of Jack's own tweets. This isn't the case for the other animals, and we don't have conclusive evidence of what happened to them.

IMO it's better that the wiki sticks as closely as possible to things that Jack herself has said - otherwise it is a lot less valuable as a resource.
Yes totally agree it's just a shame there aren't the receipts for people to see :confused:

Reactions: 15

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
She claimed benefits:

Here's the controversial "Mummy works" post:

It's poorly written (plus ça change, Jack!) but what she's trying to say is that she was claiming benefits but didn't want to continue - she wanted a job:

View attachment 1285595

The rest of that post (and many other blog entries) makes it clear that she was indeed claiming benefits.
Fucking grim. Sorry not sorry I claimed benefits in order to feed and clothe my kids, which was quite the income drop as my ExH was on 50K but I’d been poor before I met him so it didn’t take too long to adjust. Sorry not sorry that I claimed benefits instead of immediately shoving my 2YO and 4MO in day care, because I prioritised the 2YOs sense of stability over my pride.

Not strictly true but I know what you mean. However it would have gone to a decision maker and if you can argue that you had good cause for leaving you wouldn’t be barred from claiming JSA.

Plus. The decision not to award would have been for a limited time. I think 13 weeks and she could have claimed hardship benefits and appealed the decision.

She could also have got a fit note and applied for ESA as she said she had severe mental health issues at the point she resigned her job.
It would have been Income Support not JSA as she was a lone parent to an Under 5. It would have been very simple and straightforward.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

ednaturnblad

It takes longer to cook a stuffed chicken, which doesn't seem good advice in terms of fuel costs. I use half a box of 29p stuffing mixture from Aldi and put it in at the same time as cooking my chicken.
Thank you both - was honestly not sure if it was ok to do or not.

Reactions: 13

RaeRae

Chatty Member
And the thing is she’s sitting looking at her two phones with her six chins watching these utter cunts say awful things to this woman like

She could easily tell them to back off, but she actively stirred it up and now does nothing to stop it. The belief that she’s right and cannot be questioned is the most telltale sign of her narc-dom.

Not me doing a sociology PhD and not even knowing about this class category which also happens to be my own 😭😭😭:View attachment 1283394

Fully agree that class is a tricky one but I don’t begrudge any of my firmly middle class friends when they talk politics or poverty. What I would object to is them talking over me about the experience of precarity, which has become Jack’s whole schtick. If she reverted to her old story of “I was middle class and too proud to ask for help and it could happen to anyone” I’d be less bothered but as V described it the other day, she’s retconned an entire working class past which doesn’t exist, it’s just a pastiche of stories and cliché she’s heard over the years.
It's mine too. I have a post grad degree and am not young as I'm in my mid 40s. 😭

Attachments

Reactions: 13

trueblue222

VIP Member
She wouldn’t have been entitled to Job Seekers Allowance because she left her job rather than being made redundant or fired, but in a way she chose to struggle.
I’m surprised that her publishers are advocating and prepared to publish a book that has so far taken 3 years to write with stories that aren’t hers. The red tape will be a nightmare.
I’m dumbfounded by her ‘only’ earning £22K last year having told someone on Twitter that she didn’t earn enough to pay tax. Then to say that her accounts are publicly available when she hasn’t filed 3 years worth of tax returns. She lives in an alternate fucking reality.
Not strictly true but I know what you mean. However it would have gone to a decision maker and if you can argue that you had good cause for leaving you wouldn’t be barred from claiming JSA.

Plus. The decision not to award would have been for a limited time. I think 13 weeks and she could have claimed hardship benefits and appealed the decision.

She could also have got a fit note and applied for ESA as she said she had severe mental health issues at the point she resigned her job.

Reactions: 12