Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ThunderClapForCapers

imagine being so hungry for validation from strangers off the internet that you'd do this?

i felt embarrassingly awkward asking my partner of a decade to take a photo of me, on my own, in front of the taj mahal so i could send it to my mum, and then there's this.

1642510829221.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

MancBee

VIP Member
I have just about got my composure back. Minging.

Jack, please don't take any more pictures of your "hoard" THANKYOU.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

Morrisey

"I'm not a railway, you can't fucking nationalise me."
Too bad you're not a railway because otherwise we would be able to decommission you and sell your parts for scrap. What a clip.

• Haha
  • Heart

Shawads

VIP Member
" I am a cook professional and I know a thing or two about spoons"

Too early?

ETA Its tat! Jack's screaming and swooning and whatever else over cheap crappy tat!
I could literally lay my hands on all that and more tomorrow and pay about £20.
And Jack's decluttering! In what way is any of this a triumph?!
Make it make sense.
For some reason this makes me feel a bit sad, sometimes I feel sorry for her, her behaviour is so desperate, she's obviously clearly unfulfilled and lacking something in her life.

I'm in no doubt she's brought it on herself by being such a tricksy person to be around but I am a softy deep down, I can just imagine her deflating today (lights off again) after Puffing up with the ridonculous spoons chaos.

She's been publicly called out in a pointless lie, and her big reveals of the overpriced treasures has been tarnished by squigs bringing up negatives such as stolen goods and tetanus 🤣

I don't want to feel sorry for her because it spoils my entertainment but it's a bit sad.
I'm a sucker for an underdog and this plus the make up chaos, the dyeing chaos and the rest, all feels like someone who is floundering.
She's lost her places in the celeb world, she's been outsmarted publicly so many times, she's been outdone by much better frugal chefs with better public appeal.
She's now predominantly a twitter ranter and apart from the dial-a-fish crew, nobody wants her back for a second try.

If she ever had imposter syndrome she'd be feeling like a self fulfilled prophecy right about now 😭
She doesn't have it in her to just be genuinely happy or at peace.
the only way she seems to be happy is when people tell her how amazing she is, so she keeps finding more bizarre & tedious ways to get the likes, retweets and comments.

I'm struggling to find the right words so please ignore if I don't make sense, but I think we've discussed it before, all these looks, hairstyles, clothing erratica, veering wildly between labour and the Tories, trying to make herself fit, She's no longer the pov darling of the chattering classes & she's a crap recovery spokeswoman.
it feels to me like she's an empty vessel, sort of like a Black Mirror chameleon, or something from tales of the unexpected: the chameleon in the bits in between changing colour, completely devoid of any colour until she finds her next surface to land on 🤯

I'm on one now 😂 but years ago when people first started talking about narcissistic personality disorder I had a partner who displayed lots of the traits and rather than just moving on and forgetting about him I threw myself into trying to understand that type of personality.

lots of reading suggests it comes from a very deep place, normally a childhood wound, whether real or imagined, causes some disconnect from themselves, like dissociation and they create a new persona to hide the dark emptiness inside so they become a mask.
Obviously for whatever reason she resented the foster children at home, maybe they had a lot of difficulties due to their backgrounds and she felt like they were stealing the attention she should have had.
maybe she was always awkward socially, I can imagine her at school as being precocious and a know all, shouting out the answers and telling tales.
I guess she was a bit of a square with all the Sunday school stuff, never learned how to fit in properly so has spent a lifetime trying to mimic and mirror how she thinks she should behave to appear less vapid and to get the attention she craves.

she behaves like a child and for kids any attention is better than none at all, so if that means being naughty or faking illness or telling lies to get noticed then so be it (that'll do)

I can imagine her inner child champing at the bit to try and get the next fix of attention and adulation and I can imagine her drunk behaviour, especially in relationships will be bitter and angry cos things haven't gone the way she planned.

The days when the lights are off are the days when her subconscious pops up to remind her she might actually just be unremarkable (all conjecture of course!).

• Heart
  • Sad

MooBelle

VIP Member
Ebay man is selling more cutlery....

Do you remember the scene in the Harry Potter film where they go to the bank vault and every time they touch something it triples? They end up being nearly drowned in silverware and it's like a wave of metal coming down on them.

That's Jack's house that is.

• Haha

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
She has lived in smaller places than the shungalow so I do wonder how much stuff she’s been carting round with her, and how much has been bought in the last 3-4 years
I think she's buying stuff because she's lonely and bored, along with her other issues. I buy books when I feel down, charity shop, new, whatever, they're my comfort item. It's something I've recognised over the years, and try to check myself over it, although my TBR pile is still shocking. Buying things is such a temporary fix, and why she's still in this state despite the 16 weeks of therapy, and therapists on speed dial, is quite shocking. You'd expect to see some improve surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Hope this was pre-pandemic and she wasn’t stockpiling all those bog rolls when no other fucker could get any!
Also: the amount of towels 😲
This is a great video, almost all the JM classics right here.
Me Me, self delusional crap ✅️
Triggery references ✅️
All the conditions under the sun ✅️
Expensive item not mine or gifted ✅️
Poor presenting skills ✅️
Hoarding things ✅️
Blaming someone or something else ✅️
Train reference ✅️
Who dat ✅️
Droning on ✅️
Edgelord swears ✅️
Manky tootsies ✅️
Oh I hate being in the public eye and I'm just a minor celeb but have a video of me that you didn't ask for anyway ✅️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

MancBee

VIP Member
Brand new member, longtime lurker here! I joined to say I found the eBay listing for the vintage cutlery!

As you can see where Jack claims to have just purchased two sets - actually 7 were included in the listing - looks like maybe only a couple of extras were thrown in (assuming they weren't also just purchased) - plus that little Rolex spoon was already part of the bundle (as it's pictured on the original listing). And while it's true the listing was under £70 (£60 as sold), there was also £45 postage bringing the total to the sum of £105!
HOW MUCH!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I love it when she posts lies for highs, then (inevitably) an innocent squiggle says 'maybe stolen?/what about mercury?/are you still vegan?/pronouns?' and she responds with 'HELLSITE'. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the East.
What gets me, every time, is that she receives thousands and thousands of positive messages but must trawl through them in order to find the odd neutral or negative ones to respond to. It's like - if it's not total and complete affirmation then it's RUINED the whole thing for her. This is probably a metaphor for something or other.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

colouredlines

VIP Member
Scuttled off to Reddit to try and find what had occurred last Summer but found this instead. Five years old. 😳

I'm sure the denizens of r/MensRights are all lovely people with active and fulfilling sex lives, but what a nonsensical rant. Jack Monroe's various personal issues have nothing to do with feminism.

• Heart
  • Haha

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
I genuinely don't know anyone, no matter how comfortably off, who wouldn't think thrice about dropping £100+ on some old spoons.

To do so while claiming to be on the bones of your arse is bananas.

• Heart