Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of Jack Does Italian...

In the run-up to the Brexit referendum, Jack decided to do a series of recipes celebrating the many cultures of Europe. This lasted for precisely one entry: pizza.

View attachment 987260
View attachment 987261

"the Sicilian chef who snuck across the ocean" suggests a poor understanding of both geography and immigration law. Later, Jack encourages people to put leftover tikka masala on their pizza, which is possibly the fastest way to piss off an Italian.

As a footnote, Jack's This Is England Brexit tag would later be used for mushroom rogan josh, ramen, and peanut butter frozen yogurt. If she ever returns to Tattle, WHY?! will be my one question for her.
’..for birthdays..’ and ‘..to celebrate special occasions’. Largely unprofessional word wrangling at its best.

And let’s not get into grating anything sad looking from the veg drawer onto pizza 🤢

B8D44586-7F88-42F7-8060-FC444F5F8F6A.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

In the run-up to the Brexit referendum, Jack decided to do a series of recipes celebrating the many cultures of Europe. This lasted for precisely one entry: pizza.

View attachment 987260
View attachment 987261

"the Sicilian chef who snuck across the ocean" suggests a poor understanding of both geography and immigration law. Later, Jack encourages people to put leftover tikka masala on their pizza, which is possibly the fastest way to piss off an Italian.

As a footnote, Jack's This Is England Brexit tag would later be used for mushroom rogan josh, ramen, and peanut butter frozen yogurt. If she ever returns to Tattle, WHY?! will be my one question for her.
This was when she was doing her multicultural cookery book.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
On the one hand, she's always read recipe books as though they're novels, and on the other, she didn't know what soffritto is until 2017, and seems to be under the impression it's meant to come in the form of a paste. https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/01/04/soffritto-19p/

View attachment 987137

(I included the 2nd paragraph here simply because she describes herself as a "maverick" in it).
oh my god…why the actual duck does soffritto need to be brightened up? It’s a base! It’s the one time it would make sense for Jack to use the word base and of course she doesn’t. Why has this triggered me so much 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
’..for birthdays..’ and ‘..to celebrate special occasions’. Largely unprofessional word wrangling at its best.

And let’s not get into grating anything sad looking from the veg drawer onto pizza 🤢

View attachment 987303
duck sake you would think she would have a tin of premium pineapple at least leftover from del Monte to use instead of wilted bleeping carrots

• Haha
Reactions: 29
From soffritto in a jar to traditional Italian tea bourginon to SLOW COOKED risotto to her filthy rammed kitchen I have been owl fizzing!!

eta sad grated veg scraps on pizza! Santa Maria 😭😱

• Haha
Reactions: 35

View attachment 987260
View attachment 987261

This is all the funnier and cringier when we know in hindsight that she couldn’t even bring herself to vote Remain 😂

Is there a name for someone who writes with great conviction yet has none? I imagine that German would have something polysyllabic and delicious.

Edit: ahahahahahaha this is perfect
E3617F24-E5D9-48AE-93A5-2831AFEBAA89.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
My draining board (well my landlords draining board as I RENT) is on the left and in the 7 years I’ve been here I’ve never considered that being wrong? I didn’t know that was a thing people even thought about!
It's not a thing people think about. But then we all know Jack is on a higher plane of existence than all the mere mortals 🙄

ETA: I found the spoiler button! Only took me 2 years... How soon until I get recruited to Jack's computer crack team??

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
This is all the funnier and cringier when you know in hindsight that she couldn’t even bring herself to vote Remain 😂

Is there a name for someone who writes with great conviction yet has none? I imagine that German would have something polysyllabic and delicious.

Edit: ahahahahahaha this is perfectView attachment 987372
'Schwankend' - THREAD TITLE NOMINATION

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I swear to God if Jack so much as looks at them I'll .... I'll .....

Only @Veronicaaa can spend £5k papering a wall Jack, don’t even think about it!

edit 🥕 wanker

If she dares mess with the eggs en cocotte I will instruct a military Khoo.

She’s fab - I love how she did Paris and now does Sweden - married a Swede I believe but if I’m wrong European is European after all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
This is all the funnier and cringier when we know in hindsight that she couldn’t even bring herself to vote Remain 😂

Edit: ahahahahahaha this is perfectView attachment 987372
schwankend
#thread title! come on ninnies! It just has to be 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Does it make it like a bechamel?
Yes of course it does. Equally, so does half milk, half water, flour, butter/Marge/oil and cheese rinds in a blender.

ETA:
For less confident cooks:

Chop and weigh it.

Add 1.5x volume of liquid to weight of cheese eg for 100g cheese, add 150ml milk/water. (To work this out for odd amounts just go to the calculator on your phone and type in your cheese weight, and multiply it by 1.5)

Simple.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.