Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did too! Was also fine after my first two apart from being tired and arm pain. Day after my booster I had chills, felt sick, no energy etc. On the plus side it was gone after 24 hrs.
I had a bizarre pouring nose! 1st two az, 3rd Pfizer

• Heart
Reactions: 18
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Given Jack's love of vastly impractical expensive things, I'm amazed the wallpaper is Wilko and not something like Timorous Beasties.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Excuse me? Sellotape your wallpaper?? LJC
It reminds me of Hi-de-Hi. The dancers Yvonne and Barry Stuart Hargreaves used to put the wallpaper up with drawing pins in their chalet. Cabbage Roses, if my memory serves me correctly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
On the one hand, she's always read recipe books as though they're novels, and on the other, she didn't know what soffritto is until 2017, and seems to be under the impression it's meant to come in the form of a paste. https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/01/04/soffritto-19p/

View attachment 987137

(I included the 2nd paragraph here simply because she describes herself as a "maverick" in it).
Given soffritto has 5 simple ingredients and the whole point of it is to add depth to dishes, adding lemon juice is UNHINGED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Given Jack's love of vastly impractical expensive things, I'm amazed the wallpaper is Wilko and not something like Timorous Beasties.

I ❤ timorous beasties, this is my favourite

8908-medium.jpg

Though the actual dream is to get one wall done in these panels ...

7522-medium.jpg

Might start a crowdfunder #wallpapergeek

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
We had Bird's Eye large fish fingers (2 each), baked beans (as they come, not rinsed), two slices of Warbies' Toastie, cup of tea. Followed by Alpro Vanilla Soya yoghurt and sliced banana. We don't usually have a pudding but the bananas are getting speckled. I would ask Mr 'EllsBells to price it up per portion but can't be bothered.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
We had Bird's Eye large fish fingers (2 each), baked beans (as they come, not rinsed), two slices of Warbies' Toastie, cup of tea. Followed by Alpro Vanilla Soya yoghurt and sliced banana. We don't usually have a pudding but the bananas are getting speckled. I would ask Mr 'EllsBells to price it up per portion but can't be bothered.
I ate a lot of cheese and crackers. Now I’m having a Negroni, because I’m worth it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I'd like to take a quick look at this:

711C49A5-1CC6-4201-A6F8-512C5780F493.jpeg

When English speakers refer to ragù they usually mean ragù alla bolognese...aka bolognese sauce. This is the same sauce commonly used in lasagne, so the first 3 items on her 5-item list are the same thing.

Risotto is not even remotely slow-cooked.

Boeuf bourguignon can't really be made alcohol-free, because alcohol is the key ingredient. If someone told you they were making boeuf bourguignon and gave you (tinned?) beef in tea and tomato purée, you could probably have them for false advertising.

In short, Jack knows nothing about cooking. Again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
I'd like to take a quick look at this:

View attachment 987206

When English speakers refer to ragù they usually mean ragù alla bolognese...aka bolognese sauce. This is the same sauce commonly used in lasagne, so the first 3 items on her 5-item list are the same thing.

Risotto is not even remotely slow-cooked.

Boeuf bourguignon can't really be made alcohol-free, because alcohol is the key ingredient. If someone told you they were making boeuf bourguignon and gave you (tinned?) beef in tea and tomato purée, you could probably have them for false advertising.

In short, Jack knows nothing about cooking. Again.
If Italians find out about Jack’s nonsense, they might declare war on us. They take this stuff VERY seriously.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.