Jack Monroe #231 Unfortunately none of this is a fever dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Boyo from a @JombleWomble post.

No thread noms until late in the thread and please add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please.

Hopefully someone can write an acceptable recap.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
What happened last thread? Only the 2nd annual Sloppies!
Also Prune Butter with fish and bacon on bread with a hint of sourdough.
Tragically, the cabal known Xmas is on its way when veg-peelings are presented in a “recipie”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Veg peelings are not leftovers wtf they’re waste for the compost. Is she…is she getting PAID for this shittery?? I could put a load of wank in a pan then plop it on a plate with a dirty spoon, pay me!! I used to be really bleeping poor too but I never washed beans. What a weirdo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Welcome new members of the canal of sad hausfraus and mithering ninnies!
If you feel you want to, please tell us at what point you realised that Jack’s revolutionary bean rinsing and performative poverty wasn’t exactly right?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Jesus. She writes so badly. Her use of ‘scampering’ makes me do a full body cringe.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Poor Silver, it's barely worth it, not being interesting or funny or having any kind of point at all.

Jesus. She writes so badly. Her use of ‘scampering’ makes me do a full body cringe.
I think that's to indicate the ZANINESS of her ADVENTURE and of course the Tigger-like energy she seems to think she's in possession of.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Welcome new members of the canal of sad hausfraus and mithering ninnies!
If you feel you want to, please tell us at what point you realised that Jack’s revolutionary bean rinsing and performative poverty wasn’t exactly right?
It was the trans/not trans, then she was autistic, then her guinea pig got poisoned, then she had chronic illness, then her second fiancee just dropped off the planet with no word, then she was an alcoholic, I think there was a man-snog she made into a #metoo moment, then she was clinically depressed and I just found out she is death-allergic to all the things, oh and the vegan wankery. It was somewhere in there - I actually LIKED her poverty campaigning but now I don't know if I can believe any of it....!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Thread title reminds me of Bright Eyes again:

"The people's key / Ringing through arena seats / The black machine / Played it all from memory / A fever dream / Well, I'll come back eventually / To wade into the water / Another and another"

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Hnnnmggg or however you spell it is all I have to say about that.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Clearly none of it happened. She went to the beach, took a few photos then made up a story to fit them #cynicaljcc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.