Jack Monroe #218 A chance find at Pitsea Market

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes the crowdfunding of the books for the TT has stalled. Only another £750 will see them be able to order 1000 copies! 😱
is the trussell trust not already awash with copies of this book from all the other attempts to shift it over the years?

give the people something nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
is the trussell trust not already awash with copies of this book from all the other attempts to shift it over the years?

give the people something nice!
It's probably why the charity shops are a always full of Jack Monroe books 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't get the giving away cook books, whilst i am grateful for free gifts or gifts of any sort. I would have no use for tinned recipies, because i only ever buy the odd tin of no. Rinsed beans and or mushy peas. Very very occasionally soup. So it would just catch dust in my house.

Reactions: 21
Today I did a deep clean of my front room, which included the long overdue task of sorting and culling my bookshelf.

Cabal, please don't judge me too harshly 😔

If you leave them in your bookshelf next to each other they will procreate Jack’s next book.
That’s how writing works right?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Checked thegfw IG that Jack is @ting in this mornings monstrosity breakfast and she’s not featured on anything on their page. Can’t see her books, can’t see her face, can’t see her recipes but quite near the top they are promoting this 🤭
39472A54-A014-4339-9C29-CED968DAC816.jpeg

E97276B7-77B4-4E43-8122-329E20929967.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I dont see her books very often in real life.

We have both large and small books shops and an abundance of charity shops but nada.

Ive also mentioned her to a few of my friends from school. Like have you seen her new food etc and all i ever get is who? :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Since we're getting clear-out confessions off our chests, I recently discovered that I for some reason own this pencil case 😐 I don't think it's a sardine at least. Jack, if you want it for your personal pocket pens, let me know. You can have it if you pay your taxes.

20211028_220954.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Since we're getting clear-out confessions off our chests, I recently discovered that I for some reason own this pencil case 😐 I don't think it's a sardine at least. Jack, if you want it for your personal pocket pens, let me know. You can have it if you pay your taxes.

View attachment 842162
🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️ Me me me - I pay my taxes can I have it. I bloody love that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Why would someone using a food bank want a recipe book, I’ve never understood it. A pamphlet maybe with some suggestions of ways to put things together maybe.
Recipes that require multiple ingredients - nope. What if you don’t get half the things needed, pop to the shops. I’ve always thought it was massively pointless.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Why would someone using a food bank want a recipe book, I’ve never understood it. A pamphlet maybe with some suggestions of ways to put things together maybe.
Recipes that require multiple ingredients - nope. What if you don’t get half the things needed, pop to the shops. I’ve always thought it was massively pointless.
And as @Nottonightbabe has illustrated, cockles and crab paste? She's playing into the old idea that only crap gets donated to the food banks. Most people are really mindful of what they donate. She's a walking Tory poster girl.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Alas, she is already in the outside bin. Though the two recipes I saw earlier when I opened a page were cockle spaghetti, and 'crabby pasta'. Presume the cockles are pickled ones, but not sure if the 'crabby' is tinned crab or crab paste 🤔🦀
It’s ok the ones I googled were bad enough. Honestly, who is that book for?
Obviously it’s for Jack to be able to publish a book and pretend it’s helping the povs. I really think if I were a beurre blanc eater I’d forego it for a while and just have spaghetti hoops on toast in the meantime. If I was the kind of person who has spaghetti hoops on toast for tea anyway (I am!) why would I be arsing about with recipes that have a million “new” ingredients to add that I can’t buy, to make something I might hate?
URGH she grates my mushrooms.
I know we know all this but that fundraiser could buy SO. MUCH. FOOD.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.