Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
Impulsive spending is part of ADHD, so perhaps she treated herself with one of her book advances? I think she might be traumatised by when she was poor so she still has the mindset of someone living in poverty, and that's what comes across when she chooses to do things the long way for the sake of a few ££s. I'm inclined to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, to a point.
Are you aware of our body of work?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
I'm not familiar with patreon, does it show you posts even if you're not signed up? Are you sure there aren't more recent posts you just can't see because you're not a member?
It shows previews of all posts for non subscribers & people without Patreon accounts. ETA - if you’re having to ask a million questions and play Devil’s advocate with every single point, don’t you start to worry that it could just be true? :/

With this and your sudden appearance on the RSM thread starting to wonder if we’re getting trolled…?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

NoHenry

I've read some of it. I'm not a troll, no. Just someone who isn't convinced Jack is all 100% terrible. I don't think she's above criticism but I don't think she's as bad as some people make out. I think she has genuine difficulties with organisation and people skills, and she commits to things she can't actually fulfill. I also think she needs help for her mental health. But I don't think she's malicious.
You've just made me come out of lurkville to gawp in wonder at the fact that you are trying to convince us that Jack Monroe is some misunderstood angel of the poor when there are 200k posts before this one showing receipts, evidence of lies, bullying, pile-ons, animal cruelty, grifting etc.
You're not going to convert anyone.

ETA grifting, not gifting!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I'm not familiar with patreon, does it show you posts even if you're not signed up? Are you sure there aren't more recent posts you just can't see because you're not a member?
I’m not trying to moderate and I’m absolutely not telling you not to post (I would like to make that crystal clear, it’s genuinely not what I’m doing) but why are you here and posting? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with liking/admiring someone and there’s nothing wrong with only seeing good in people (in the respect that they’ve deleted things from social media). But she has 206 threads!!! It’s only been in the last few months it’s died down because she wasn’t up to any online shenanigans - which most of her Twitter followers don’t see because she posts then deletes - but this is the most fluid thread I read.

I don’t understand why you keep saying here she’s not a bad person or she has a medical condition in this setting - genuine question, do you think you will change our minds about her?

Not everything Jack has done is on the Wiki because the server would melt. But people are politely explaining why we feel the way we feel and it appears to be being questioned. Even if you chose a thread at random from thread 1 you will see screenshots of things that haven’t seen the light of day on Twitter for more than a second. She’s actually a dangerous woman in my opinion - did you know she referred to those of us who have chosen to be honest about our addictions in a derogatory way on Twitter? Do you know the story with the kitten? Do you know about the pile on she caused of Jamie Oliver, or her insinuation David Walliams had a cocaine habit and his books were racist? Did you know she came here to try and shut everyone down (but in the end got her arse handed to her on a plate, politely though)? Or very recently when others listened to a podcast and she made a joke about her son getting his head kicked in at secondary school? None of these things are justifiable whether she does or doesn’t have ADHD or alcoholism or anything else - in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 92

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
My husband LEFT (well, he’s taking his kid to uni in Mack’s homeland) and I’m so happy I have the house to myself to sit and eat 12 bowls of pasta while this thread starts with a bang.

I’ll just leave this here…
BA103B47-D004-4CE1-B6C5-686389C0F256.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

colouredlines

VIP Member
Absolutely! The captions are hard to read and I’d be surprised if they were accessible to those using screen readers. I’m in a few FB groups where the admins insist that any pics are described so that the blind can ‘read’ the script. They wouldn’t have a chance with Jack’s images.
Oh, I would LOVE Jack's pics to come with a description for people with screen readers.

Photo: a dirty metal pot containing mysterious brown slop. No individual ingredients can be distinguished except a practically raw egg that has been placed on top and covered with black pepper. An expensive but tarnished spoon is half-submerged in the sludge. The pot is being clutched in two hands, featuring inexpertly-drawn tattoos and grimy nails.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88

Pocahontas

VIP Member
She literally apologised on Twitter. I remember seeing it. I'll see if I can find it to screenshot.
You don’t need to find proof, we seen’t it all. You’re kind of derailing the thread now. You’re welcome to make a Jack thread in the rave section.

Edit: For anyone coming through on a grunk, please let’s not reply anymore to these posts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion but most people commenting are beyond the end of their patience for all of the reasons set out in the wiki, so it’s not really something up for debate, most of us do think she is malicious and dishonest and many of us have ADHD, Autism, RA, Long Covid, a variety of disabilities, are LGBTQ+ and allies, single parents, poor, Northern Irish, Cypriot, from Southend or some have just wasted good food and money which they didn’t need to, thanks to Fack.
Oh Vegan and Vegetarian as well. I forget, as a lifelong vegetarian that it’s a “variance” also one of us is a carrot

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
Oh frauen, I'm appalled.

Jack is an answer on Pointless.

Edit: oh dear, a contestant who owns her books got her name wrong.

Making my nomination for next thread title now - "Jack Morley".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82

colouredlines

VIP Member
A woman lounges on a sideboard. She has a masculine aesthetic, shown by her choice of clothes: an ill-fitting grey sports bra and short black control pants. This outfit leaves her legs largely bare, revealing no disfiguring birthmarks. She stares lustfully at the camera, mouth slightly open. Her head is shaved except for a long reverse rat's tail, which is dyed grey and plaited. The sideboard appears to weigh 93 kg.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
Lads I am concerned. I went to a supermarket with my mum earlier (it was Waitrose naturally, they let me in even though I am on benefits and have tattoos) and needed to get kidney beans. They only had kidney beans in chilli sauce so she suggested getting those and rinsing them. She then said could I not get some borlotti beans instead as beans are beans. I think I might have to softly, quietly, gently disown her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Everybody agrees that the Secret Seven are inferior to the Famous Five. Hotes is right, seven is just too many children, in any context. Jack likes to boast about her precocious reading, WELL at my primary school you had to finish reading a series of books (the final one was The Two Giants, if you want to be forensic about it) before you were given your hymn book and I, traumatised sideboard, was the first child to get their hymn book 😌 That's right, there's been a real former child genius in your midst this whole time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
The bullying parent-governor may be my favourite fictional character. Imagine her parents:

"Our gifted and talented daughter is reading at a higher level than her class. Shall we speak to her teacher about it, so she doesn't get bored?"

"Nah, let's tell a random governor. Oooh, why not the one from up the road, he's got a reputation for being a raging dickhead."
imaginary characters who have wronged jack:

-Bullying parent-governer
-Old chief anti-traaaaazers on a bird
-Unnamed Journalists who laughed at Jack saying she wanted to write a book on the holocaust and predicting the rise of trump because she didn’t go to university
-Pret boardroom stealing her undisclosed but definitely real recipe
-White trash shouldn’t breed lady
-shin kicking victim
-Russell Brand, sometimes
-The whole of Southend because she has tattoos

feel free to add fraus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78