Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never understand 'they should teach this at school' type stuff. If schools are successful, broadly speaking and of course with exceptions, people should leave them literate, numerate and with some ability to reason. You can then use these skills to complete any number of life tasks without schools specifically having to teach each and every obstacle that may be encountered.
KwH are covered in the Physics GCSE curriculum but like teaching about transformers it goes down like a lead balloon.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I’ll be honest I know I’m not Octopus’s demographic at the ripe old age of 29 but I don’t really take much notice of my energy bills I just skim down to the part that says whether you’re in credit or you owe them.
Echoing what @indigomoon has said the people they’ve chosen aren’t exactly down with the kids to get the engagement of the demographic they’re after either.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I was going to suggest it can’t possibly be a #paidpartnership because of how sloppy she was with her tweet about it. Then I had a word with myself.

Shoddy work from the Octopus Energy team though, make sure your influencer includes your brand handle in their posts, jeez. Social media marketing 101.

There you go The people who hired Jack Monroe to work with Octopus you can have this free feedback in your social media monitoring report (assuming it’s set up).
I can’t be the only who wishes there was a register of ‘famous’ people companies should avoid - like Jack would feature heavily for Hellman’s, Del Monte, Go Henry, DKL, This Morning etc etc so they would know not to work with them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to ‘cancel’ her but if researching someone is alien to companies and there’s l not a list then that’s Octopus end up someone who FORGETS TO TAG THE NAME OF THE COMPANY!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
tit, I'm with Octopus. Do you think I have grounds for a complaint? I want my money back now they have a fraud fronting their campaign.
Tbf Octopus have been good so far and much cheaper than SSE Hydro.
Trust Jack to try and outdo her child too. She can't help herself can she? Me me me me etc.
I was thinking about moving to them. Probably won’t bother now. How did she know about bills when they lay unopened in pile or unread in her 30000 unread inbox? Sorry grunking so apologies if someone else has said this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
It's funny how the only influencing she's actually doing is to guide the cabal into staying the duck away from her unruly labia wanky affiliations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I can’t be the only who wishes there was a register of ‘famous’ people companies should avoid - like Jack would feature heavily for Hellman’s, Del Monte, Go Henry, DKL, This Morning etc etc so they would know not to work with them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to ‘cancel’ her but if researching someone is alien to companies and there’s l not a list then that’s Octopus end up someone who FORGETS TO TAG THE NAME OF THE COMPANY!!!
Fearful of 🔺 myself, but I work with people who run social media campaigns and Jack (as she is perceived) could be a great fit. Dreading hearing she’s working with us...but as her name has never come up I can only guess our Social Media Manager is a Tattler. Hi there, *******!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Hello Hausfraus! Lurker and first time poster here. Been reading this thread from the very beginning for a couple of months now and this is literally 😅 the best thing that I have ever read! Aside from JM's antics, you guys are all incredible and I have loved finding out about you all ❤. Only on thread 37 and even stopped following JM on Twitter just after I discovered her and then subsequently here so that I don't know what madness is coming next 😅. Anyway back to thread 37 and grunka lunkaring away, I hope what's to come is good 😉.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
Octopus energy might have created a 'useful tool', but in a projects I've been involved with (with agile tariffs and battery storage 🔻) they have been shite with the customer service (at least that's the feedback I've been getting)
Oh don't say that, I've just moved to them because I've been having big problems with Bulb and their inability to accept a meter reading unless the wind is blowing a certain way at an exact time on one day...😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I remember that too. It was some kind of blog post which included a picture showing SB’s full name. The cabal were rightly horrified.
Quoting myself like an absolute twit, but here‘s the link, it’s from January last year -

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
They DO teach these things at school- at school I learned to read, I learned comprehension and I learned mathematics.
Perhaps the “tool” will help somebody but let’s face it, it’s a sad old consumer engagement/corporate social responsibility #advert

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm just sat here wondering what's so difficult about turning the bill over and reading the helpful information on the back that explains everything in very simple, accessible language. It's what I did at 19 when I moved into my first flat - combining that with my GCSEs in English, Maths and Physics, none of it was that much of a surprise. #DiagnosedGifted.

And why any attempt to help with literacy seems to require a middleaged white person in their mid-thirties-plus to act as though they are even more stupid than the rest of their SM have suggested, I have no idea. It might work for Mr Tumble or PC Plum, but for everybody else, why not explain things like a grown up who knows what words mean, rather than pretend to be the sort of person who thinks everything is provided by magic puddles instead of through a contract?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
What does she need a multi-temp kettle for anyway? I thought that's what the slow cooker was for. Not a chance I'm going to watch that video either but I do hope 'Yes! A kilowatt hour!' is going to catch on in cabal parlance.

Tonight's the night, I'm buzzing for headrush spaghetti lads. I bought the fresh parsley and vegan hard-style cheese this afternoon for the finishing touches and I'm pretty sure that is what's going to give it that final flourish and make it <chef's kiss>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Still no endorsing of Marcus and Tom. I know she said there was no time limit by when she should tweet about Full time meals, but this is ridiculous.
My theory is she softly softly desperately pushily tried to elbow her way in to being involved the centre of attention. Tom & Marcus being aware of her body of work, able to spot a grifter a mile off & a bit streetwise themselves, gave Fack the poorest person to have ever lived short shrift. Heroes the pair of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Quoting myself like an absolute twit, but here‘s the link, it’s from January last year -

He called her Mama in that story, what happened to Mamapapa?

And she was drying petals for her wedding next year. That aged well.

And she got a mention in of The Poverty 😂

Single mum on benefits. It was supposedly an article on climate change, what does her few months skint have to do with that. At least her carbon footprint would have benefited from the lack of energy use :rolleyes:

Can she not write something original? It is the same old tripe trotted out over and over.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.