Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A series of defiled oats for our viewing pleasure

or.. you know...
View attachment 569887

I know which one I’d rather eat
Nothing wrong with own brand bread ...its literally the difference to some folks between going hungry or not and if I was down to my last 50p I'd buy one of those rather than spunking it on some soppy slow cooked 💩.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She does the same for 8p falafels. As if you're only going to eat one falafel and don't need pitta bread, sauce, salad, some other veg or fries to serve it with.. etc. It's insulting to the reader.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Nothing wrong with own brand bread ...its literally the difference to some folks between going hungry or not and if I was down to my last 50p I'd buy one of those rather than spunking it on some soppy slow cooked 💩.
100% I would far rather spend 32p on a loaf of bread which I know will function as bread and taste like bread than mess around making a loaf of bread that doesn’t even work. Her recipes are criminal they really are, they could literally be the difference between people eating or not

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Turns out Jack thinks the food is sloppy too (and really can’t make porridge)

View attachment 569726

Other porridge attempts:

View attachment 569733
View attachment 569740
It’s covered in hair! I had to check what they said it was!

I make porridge for the kids in the microwave with milk - if you leave it to cool it absorbs more of the milk then you can mix in more if it goes too far. It’s not difficult - and quick as they have no patience for hob porridge.
Grown up porridge gets Nutella in it :)

once my kid asked if it was marmite and I nearly said yes but had a sudden premonition of having to make marmite porridge and having a chaos

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Inspired by @PoorPatrol valiant effort with the Scruffins, I'm making the 2p bread. I have my ingredients, I made my well (that's a hole), mixed with a butter knife, heavily floured my work surface, oiled my hands, duffed up the dough (POW!) and now it's resting whilst the slow cooker heats up....

We deserve the rest.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
100% I would far rather spend 32p on a loaf of bread which I know will function as bread and taste like bread than mess around making a loaf of bread that doesn’t even work. Her recipes are criminal they really are, they could literally be the difference between people eating or not
THIS. And if you have a big freezer like Fack, grab some yellow sticker bread and chuck it in. The only time I buy full priced bread is as a treat from the bakers once a month.

Reactions: 30
Inspired by @PoorPatrol valiant effort with the Scruffins, I'm making the 2p bread. I have my ingredients, I made my well (that's a hole), mixed with a butter knife, heavily floured my work surface, oiled my hands, duffed up the dough (POW!) and now it's resting whilst the slow cooker heats up....

We deserve the rest.
Are you taking the slow cooker to bed @Orphan_Black ? It does look to be quite a chilly night, keep warm dear heart

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
She does the same for 8p falafels. As if you're only going to eat one falafel and don't need pitta bread, sauce, salad, some other veg or fries to serve it with.. etc. It's insulting to the reader.
Exactly this. The only reason I made toad in the cake hole was because I realised we had only a few spuds left but the ingredients to make batter so I did or rather I made a cake batter.😣

Reactions: 25
Screenshot_20210511-212716_Chrome.jpg

Given that Jack claims to be the victim of violence many times over, this jokey part of the recipe seems very odd indeed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
@Lanie I once made bread with plain flour after Jack posted her slow cooker bread recipe. It was disgusting and went straight in the bin
I did this. Was shite, obviously.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
View attachment 569989

Given that Jack claims to be the victim of violence many times over, this jokey part of the recipe seems very odd indeed.
This is, frankly, embarrassing. And maybe this is a stretch but it says to me that she hasn’t been a victim of physical violence from a man because I think any women who has knows just how disempowering it is to realise how physically weak you are in comparison, no matter how hard you work out.

Also if you think it might be triggering just... don’t say it?!?!?! Self-absorbed tit.

I mean, I’m happy for her. I’m glad that she trots about thinking that she could grab a mugger by the scruff of the neck (maybe if it was like when Phoebe mugged Ross outside the comic book store, I guess?). But she should STFU claiming that she’s a) hard or b) a survivor.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

We deserve the rest.
What nice hands you have.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.