Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
We would not find someone who can barely use the English language effectively and have them be really odd on camera and punt it out on Twitter as a solution
But that’s all anything ever these days, no? - less an effective means of public service, more creating a social justice issue out of thin air and giving some no-mark an opportunity to promote themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Lanie

VIP Member
The peach competition is a bust. You have to sign up to your choice of a list of mags (?) to enter / be a member already. But it doesn’t tell you how to be a member ... and I decided I didn’t want to enter my details into Life! Death! Prizes! Still crushed.

This squiggle had something to say: View attachment 574823
On no poor delmont. I imagine this is how go compare felt when the got complaints about the weird singer bloke.

Imagine being on that advertising team. You would just quit.

• Haha

ThriftStoreLeCreuset

I have had some connectivity issues and could only read the last few days on my phone (which I purposely have not logged in with, as I would never get off this site if I did) and I can’t go back and like everything but I want to thank you all for my chuckles! It’s a challenging time at the moment and the laughs I have had have been such a tonic. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Back to Jack - I once tried the vegan crumpet and (sadly no pics) was disappointed. Here, you cannot buy crumpets for love nor money, so I have made some this week. Not Jacks recipe, mind you...Did take two tries to get them right (too much batter in the rings, the first time) but the Warburton recipe is the bollocks. The big reveal? They are naturally vegan if you grease the rings with non dairy fat. I am embarrassed that I did not know that already!

PS - not 100% vegan but moving in that direction! Still have eggs (from a farm down the road where I can see the chickens every day, pecking and mooching around!) and some occasional cheese.
Thank you! I have tried making crumpets before with all kinds of lemon juice faffing around and never had a great result. I didn't know Warburtons had shared their recipe.

Blurp

VIP Member
You'd never get a fringe that straight with embroidery scissors, it would be too much little snipping. Plus the scissors would be fucked for sewing usage after going through hair, especially thick hair like Jack's.

I'm in the professionally done camp. And it was done that day too, not the few days she claims.
Yup, looking at the top, that's professional. I cut my own fringe but I use my late mother's proper hairdressing scissors, lovingly retained since her apprenticeship. I deliberately make it choppy as it's a nightmare to get straight. In addition, my hair waves, particularly on short bits like a fringe, so that uneven bits are hidden and even a professional cut looks horribly uneven in five minutes of drying.

My heart dropped at the fringe pic as I was already regretting my (cheap as Covid chips as I am POOR) yellow Mac - went on a weekend jaunt to a seaside town 🔺 and every other woman of a certain age was wearing one. I am a woman of a certain age. Am I older Jack?
I've got one too - a couple of years ago from George at Asda!

• Wow
Reactions: 21

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I have a feeling some of the successful squiggles aren’t exactly the best cooks to begin with. They remind me of some of “successes” on the slow cooker groups I joined on Facebook when I first got a slow cooker. Can’t say I’ve ever been tempted by a box cake mix and lemonade combo that’s been steamed into an oval brick for 8 hours.
I have a feeling they just may be 🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦

• Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Thread title: "what I do actually publish being a bag of impulsive trash a lot of the time"

• Haha