Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

poppycat

@poppycat I found a weighted blanket, it arrived this morning and it's perfect, im going to post over on the insomnia thread about it instead of hijacking this thread anymore.

I dowmloaded the sample of how to eat a peach and love it, her writing is beautiful and a pleasure to read (absolutely unlike jm😂) I don't mind having kindle books so it will be 99p well spent. BTW can get kindle books refunded, I did it years ago so I *could* do it for the new release but I don't think I could handle being that depressed by the depress pipes and I'd remand a refund for the popcorn recipe alone.
No, don't sully your kindle with her horrible depressipes!

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your weighted blanket :sleep:

• Heart
Reactions: 3

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Sweet Jesus. As someone brought up in the “culinary” tradition of Northern Ireland this concept fills me with alarm. I can pack away the tray bakes, Tayto and potato farls with the best of them, but ....
Come on, throw some questionable fusion combos out there for Jack to accidentally discover all by herself while fannying about in the kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nope, she has 589023 recipes to "concoct" this week, no time to test out any recipes. However if you are willing to pay $84 a month you can test them for her!

eta - there are only 17 spots left for this opportunity.
I’m assuming she’ll have put up a round number, so she could potentially have at least 3 people subscribed on this tier?

There’s been points I’ve wondered why she’s not better monetised her social media presence, then you see this and realise there’s really no need to even try 😂

Reactions: 2

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I have no idea how I got into it but I watch YouTube videos of various Korean, Chinese and Japanese women cooking and cleaning. It soothes me soooooo much even though I find it strange at the same time - I don't even eat those cuisines or have any real interest in the cultures. But I watch a couple of hours a day.
Can you recommend any particular YouTubers? This sounds really relaxing

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
Bit late to the podcast chat. I heartedly reckoning GOSSIPMONGERS. It is gross and crass but my god it’s funny. I had to pull the car over during space worm as I was laughing so much. If you don’t mind story’s that talk of jizz and shit, pop it on for your next walk.
I have been watching hooooours of Bon Appetit test kitchen videos on YouTube. I’m not massively into YouTube, I find t he whole ‘hi guys welcome to my channel’ jarring. At the moment they have them cook stuff at home with pantry staples. They mostly have tiny Manhattan kitchens and they do better in those with minimal tech, than JM managed on DK.

Netflix - Ugly delicious is great. It’s looking at different topics every week. A fave for me was arguing what was better dumplings or tortellini and the history behind both.
For the Bourdain fans, I recommend breakfast lunch and dinner. It’s travel come food show. Not as good as Bourdain but entertaining. The Kate McKinnon episode in Cambodia was a highlight for me.

Glow up on BBC3 is a makeup show which is just good fun and very easy watching. No major Assholes which is nice.

And if you’ve not yet delved into the trashy delight which is instant hotel on Netflix (season 1 is amazing) I implore you to give it a go. It has everything you need atm. A peek into other peoples houses, it’s Australian so some sun and just the best kind-of reality tv characters.

I’m going to have to give this another go. I just could not get into it. Just didn’t laugh at all.
Instant Hotel is great, it just has everything 🤣 I’ve been watching Ugly Delicious, only seen a few. Me and F loving second series of Glow Up

Bellybutton lint

VIP Member
I Cannot with her foodbank shit. She’s trying to make out she’s the autistic person but she’s not. She talks a good game but when was the last time she done proper campaigning or volunteering. She doesn’t do anything unless it benefits her. If she wanted the recipes to go to food bake she would send them a pdf.
Wonder if she gave up the royalties? I think I cna guess

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Surely her 7th book would be centred on fresh food seeing as there will be a lot of it coming round in the next few months. I mean you can only do the tinned food thing for so long before you would want to throw yourself in front of train. I know some people have no choice but fresh veg is actually quite inexpensive right now.
I'm curious as to what she'll theme it as. She's done 3 standard 'breadline' books. One around tins. A vegan theme. And now recipes for 'bad days'. Dinner party on a budget perhaps? Frugal gourmet? 😂

Breakdance Badass

VIP Member
Just to say, I know the actual peach fuzz hard cover is the ultimate, but the kindle version of How to eat a Peach is only 99p at the moment, for those who are on a budget but still want to be inspired, without having to wank off a pony for their dinner.

I’ve bought it, with the aim of buying the “real” one when my finances are less tricky...

note, that’s NOT an affiliate link, because I’m not a classless turd even if I do use That Bookshop...
Oh thanks I got a couple of Diana Henry books I don’t have for 99p!

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Bit late to the podcast chat. I heartedly reckoning GOSSIPMONGERS. It is gross and crass but my god it’s funny. I had to pull the car over during space worm as I was laughing so much. If you don’t mind story’s that talk of jizz and shit, pop it on for your next walk.
I have been watching hooooours of Bon Appetit test kitchen videos on YouTube. I’m not massively into YouTube, I find t he whole ‘hi guys welcome to my channel’ jarring. At the moment they have them cook stuff at home with pantry staples. They mostly have tiny Manhattan kitchens and they do better in those with minimal tech, than JM managed on DK.

Netflix - Ugly delicious is great. It’s looking at different topics every week. A fave for me was arguing what was better dumplings or tortellini and the history behind both.
For the Bourdain fans, I recommend breakfast lunch and dinner. It’s travel come food show. Not as good as Bourdain but entertaining. The Kate McKinnon episode in Cambodia was a highlight for me.

Glow up on BBC3 is a makeup show which is just good fun and very easy watching. No major Assholes which is nice.

And if you’ve not yet delved into the trashy delight which is instant hotel on Netflix (season 1 is amazing) I implore you to give it a go. It has everything you need atm. A peek into other peoples houses, it’s Australian so some sun and just the best kind-of reality tv characters.

I’m going to have to give this another go. I just could not get into it. Just didn’t laugh at all.
Oh no!
have made a screenshot of your suggestions , thanks!
They are the Fraus we should all aspire to. I 💓 them.
me too! The podcast is mostly them responding to fake sex problems but sooo funny.

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
The cherry tree. There’s a passion fruit and lemon one still in stock though (for now 😉)
That company is the one whose passion fruit curd I tried at the food fair. They also had a lemon and lime one that was good and many tasty chutneys. They had a table with many samples ready to taste.