Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Harrybosch

VIP Member
I cannot recall who asked or mentioned that Jacks dad is a landlord. Apparently (don't sue me) he is the owner of
Marine Villas Property Portfolio.

This, where she says her inability to learn to drive - she could, didn't she sell her car? https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...-tins-twitter-and-talking-about-gender-102271
On Companies House, he's listed as the director Shoebury Coastal Community Interest Company. Don't think that means he's a landlord.

Reactions: 1

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Ooh have just written down all the extra book recos, ta!
We had chilli, rice, tacos and salad for dinner (it’s a fave in my house) and while my husband was stirring the chilli, I quickly told him about how Jack Monroe advises people on a budget to buy cheap baked beans and rinse them.
‘That’s literally washing food down the drain. Is she poor herself?’
I explained.
‘What a bullshitter.’

Found this, wrote a long post about books but now it says the thread cannot be found 😂
How weird, it does seem to have disappeared!

Okab15

tbh i dont use twitter myself so have no idea, but who is allowedto dm? just people who follow you? or is it more restricted? why woukf anything people tweet her need to be a dm anyway, recipe advice is hardly a state secret
You can restrict it - I believe to those who you are following back? That’s definitely one option but might be more ways. Hers seem fully open.

Here’s a thought:

Do you reckon Jack would ever open a restaurant? She seems more into strictly and big celeb friendships but that’s usually a standard TV chef money spinner isn’t it?

emm

VIP Member
My husband works with a couple of Romanians. They say life was and is very tough there and that people didnt have much spare capacity to be tenderhearted towards humans, let alone animals. I always wondered how the orphanages could be allowed but hearing their stories (and those of my daughter's godmother who grew up under the Soviets in the Baltic area) I really understand a little more about the suffering and how it affected the generations.
Interesting thanks!