Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love that a final fantasy insta slagged Jack's pastitsio. The unexpected crossover I never knew I needed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Also, regarding trifles, did anyone see the episode of Nadiya Hussain's 'Nadiya's Party Feasts' (was broadcast on the beeb around Christmas time) where a lady made a phenomenal trifle? The sponge layer was made up of slices of swiss roll and then the cream on top was garnished with meringue kisses and macarons. Now THAT is what you call a trifle.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Lads who eat Linda Mc sausages - are you confused at how she’s made them look so pale in the so called curry?
Is it the photo filter?
My Linda’s are browner than that before I’ve deflated (defrosted, obviously not deflated) or cooked them

ETA- can we all take a moment to enjoy the high point of trifle-gate, where the canal gifted me the recipe for vegetarian Terry’s choc orange trifle. That will be my next overdraft splurge.

TBH, I thought they probably weren't vegetarian sausages when I saw it.

They're the colour of eyelid and bollock ones.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Also, just to add. I think one of the reasons we vegans get so protective over it and how/who represents it, is that we get ridiculed and vilified so much for our beliefs. Seeing someone that doesn't share your ethics monetizing that tit is pretty galling. And even worse when it comes from a so-called veggie/vegan brand.

Sorry, I haven't worded that very well but hopefully, you all get the gist.

ETA - I am just so, so sick of people in the public eye jumping on the vegan bandwagon to make a quick buck. And then just as quickly jumping off. They do our movement so much damage 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Are we allowed to do insta squiggles?
Just a few choice ones. I squiggles in green out of respect.
2ACBBDC2-0B46-4E84-8888-D4F147F2FA38.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Just realised what's been bothering me about the trifle tweets:

Jack's whole attitude of "Someone did this better than me and so I hate it"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
We got them years ago so you might be out of luck, but I'm pretty sure they were from Wilko!
Ahhh remember Jack’s trip to Wilco for paint in lockdown 1 in a completely non-essential journey given that shed larder or whatever it was called never happened after the lingreenie

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think the comments on Insta are fair tbh, the accounts look genuine and many are clearly vegan. If it is anyone from here, well noone is trolling JM, they're complaining to a brand. We have a lot of vegan fraus here, and if they're pissed about a brand they use collaborating with JM, they're surely entitled to raise a genuine complaint with the brand if they wish? No different to people being upset with the choice of language in The Guardian article and raising it with them? Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Seems to only be the Insta vegans though, the photos are also on FB, and comments seem positive! 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Love that a final fantasy insta slagged Jack's pastitsio. The unexpected crossover I never knew I needed.
I did think jack's hair in the trifle photo (and the smooth facetuned skin and enlarged eyes) looked a bit anime-esque,

so I for one welcome 'final fantasy fans' to the JM cancel list

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
For colour comparison. L - R: bollock sausages, Jack's Linda McC sausages, Linda McC sausages
20210120_220222.jpg

🤔

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 50

That and all the bigging up of her own/her dad's trifle while slagging off the creations of other people. Then when she triumphantly posted her own concoction the proportions were all off, it was all from tins and, as someone here so hilariously observed, "Why does it have a couscous layer?"

• Haha
Also, just to add. I think one of the reasons we vegans get so protective over it and how/who represents it, is that we get ridiculed and vilified so much for our beliefs. Seeing someone that doesn't share your ethics monetizing that tit is pretty galling. And even worse when it comes from a so-called veggie/vegan brand.

Sorry, I haven't worded that very well but hopefully, you all get the gist.

ETA - I am just so, so sick of people in the public eye jumping on the vegan bandwagon to make a quick buck. And then just as quickly jumping off. They do our movement so much damage 😔

I see as very little different to various cheffy types dismissing the lived experience and cultural practices of home cooks and proffering 'my take' on things as though they're the arbiters of what is 'real' and 'authentic'. There are thousands and thousands of years of vegetarian and vegan practices worldwide and now it's become a lucrative target market, here come the white knights charging over the horizon to make all those wonderful meals socially acceptable to the white middle classes. Same happened with music, same happens with fashion and art. Yes, it's perfectly possible to have meat and animal free meals as an omnivore and to be able to make good meals and teach people what you've found tastes great - but a half arsed slopping of goop that completely destroys the carefully bright and fresh colours of the rest of their feed just isn't doing that. If I were looking for new ideas of something to cook that was vegetarian/vegan/meat free/plantbased, I'd be looking at people who know how to cook, who make things look attractive, frequently people who actually eat the food they are flogging recipes for - and weren't joyless, soul sucking dementors dialling it in from a fancy home by the seaside in between ADs, TV appearances and Twitter spats.

It would also be nice to see more than a couple of non white faces on the LMcC feed - I'm sick of the same faces/hands/privilege showing up on cooking sites.

• Heart

You can apply this formula to just about everything Jack goes off on one at. That Man gets a lock down show, Walliams gets books published that outsell hers. She is motivated solely by resentment and jealousy towards other people more successful than she is. I sometimes feel sorry for her because it must be miserable going through life stuck with that personality but then I see how she treats others and think, duck her.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think @kachoochoo has enough to deal with, her list recently escaped into a text to her dad

still never questioned I might add! it's like, "happy new year dad/happy 60th birthday dad/have jack monroe's to do list!" and he's probs like "kachoochoo's up to something again"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I did think jack's hair in the trifle photo (and the smooth facetuned skin and enlarged eyes) looked a bit anime-esque,

so I for one welcome 'final fantasy fans' to the JM cancel list

Nah, not Anime - Lazytown.

She was one pot of hair gel and her onion chopping glasses away from Leningrad Cowboy territory, though.

1611177038056.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That and all the bigging up of her own/her dad's trifle while slagging off the creations of other people. Then when she triumphantly posted her own concoction the proportions were all off, it was all from tins and, as someone here so hilariously observed, "Why does it have a couscous layer?"
Omg the couscous comment has done me in! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.