Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20210120_194457.jpg

Congratulations on your inauguration Mr President, ickle smol floofy softy soft Jack wuvsyou x

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
I read the comments on IG and whilst there is one or two using a lot of tattle “language” like grifter, if you look at the others and their backgrounds I agree they are angry vegans who have the same concerns we do about egg/fish/meat consumption and the mistreatment issue
someone has said she tortured a kitten which died and it all happened on twitter but she deleted it

Thing is with vegans (and I say as. lifelong vegetarian and occasional plant based eater and “animal goods” reducer) they are by their very nature, forensic.
Avoiding E-thingy (can’t remember that they call Carmine) in an ingredients list or knowing which soft drinks and alcohol is processed using isinglass is like, entry level vegan.
If they get a whiff of doubt about Monroe (which they have) they will have grunked all of her internet presence and these threads before you can say “carmine is crushed beetles”

Also those bastard question cards, someone 🔺’d them and they are “counseling cards” mind you Mackie strikes me as exactly the type who has done “a certificate” and thinks they’re a counselor (whilst their own bin fire of a life rages all around them)

Edit: I have no respect for the 🥕s right to life

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Finally caught up and my oh my the LM insta posts are baaaad. Not just the photos obvs but wow, the comments. These squiggles know a bullshitter when they see one. JM was mentioned in a vegan group in FB a while ago and was shot down in flames there too. The low welfare meat was mentioned more than once, vegan bandwagon, the kitten and tweet deleting.
It could be lurkers or former squiggles who have seen the light. But there is definitely more dissent this year. I think it will be a slow thing like a stone gathering moss but eventually it will fizzle out unless of course there is a major chaos that sees her cancelled overnight.
I think the Linda Mc comments have to be made up of squiggles who have seen the light. I think, thus far, it's the most obvious example of her followers being taken for a ride and them realising this. Of course, they don't like it one bit. I'm living for this because actions really do have consequences and they're absolutely grilling her for the same reasons we do on here. Jumping on bandwagons, trying to curry favour with different people and then changing her tune and abandoning her latest endeavour when another opportunity arises. They may well have seen our receipts here but I reckon the vegan community is self-sufficient enough that people would have picked up on these things as they happened. It's quite amazing, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Did someone here say she once joined a vegan Facebook group?
I remember she was in the Facebook make up Mrs Gloss.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Just showed the top 12 pics on the Linda McCartney insta feed to my wife who was asked to identify "one or more dishes made by tit chef Jack Monroe"
She only got one!
Apparently the sausage curry doesn't look that bad......

Love all the comments though. Come to the light squiggles!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I watched the inauguration eating toast with plenty of overdraft butter, didn’t howl or hoot once.
Back over to Instagram to watch hubris in action
I choked on my delicious payday pizza and wine there at the thought of overdraft butter!

Hahahaha women trapped in an abusive relationship as a punchline. Hahahaha.
Was thinking the same when I saw this. Disappointing. Actually don’t know why I have said it is disappointing, as if I expected better from Jack

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
There’s definitely a few vegan big hitters in the comments - one of them has nearly 30k followers and is bona fide.
It’s bad enough she isn’t vegan, it’s just insult to injury that what she’s producing looks properly foul. Why would any vegan or anyone wanting to eat more plant-based meals feel inspired by that sausage thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I think the worst part about trifle-gate was that all the trifles she insulted were homemade and clearly a lot of time and effort went into them. They looked beautiful. Her one came from tins and packets? Her dad's 'famous' trifle comes from a tin of chopped fruit (#ad), tin of custard, packet of jelly, packet of fake cream. Nothing unique about it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
I think the worst part about trifle-gate was that all the trifles she insulted were homemade and clearly a lot of time and effort went into them. They looked beautiful. Her one came from tins and packets? Her dad's 'famous' trifle comes from a tin of chopped fruit (#ad), tin of custard, packet of jelly, packet of fake cream. Nothing unique about it
I feel like she started trying to be quirky but ended up just being horrible for the sake of it. Their trifles looked much nicer than hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Lads who eat Linda Mc sausages - are you confused at how she’s made them look so pale in the so called curry?
Is it the photo filter?
My Linda’s are browner than that before I’ve deflated (defrosted, obviously not deflated) or cooked them

ETA- can we all take a moment to enjoy the high point of trifle-gate, where the canal gifted me the recipe for vegetarian Terry’s choc orange trifle. That will be my next overdraft splurge.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I cannot understand why they aren’t replying to these comments now, given that they seem so “on it” on previous posts.

It is obvious that they have dropped the ball by using her as a veganuary mouthpiece, but by ignoring their customers surely they are digging an even bigger hole for themselves?
They are probably working on a PR response as we type! At least I hope they are, it’s much better when companies own their mistakes rather than try to hide it.

Reactions: 39
Lads who eat Linda Mc sausages - are you confused at how she’s made them look so pale in the so called curry?
Is it the photo filter?
My Linda’s are browner than that before I’ve deflated or cooked them

ETA- can we all take a moment to enjoy the high point of trifle-gate, where the canal gifted me the recipe for vegetarian Terry’s choc orange trifle. That will be my next overdraft splurge.
Yes! I was wondering this. Why do they look anaemic? Most peculiar.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
I would absolutely LOVE IT if it's The Vegans who eventually bring her down! Love it!
*Insert Kevin Keegan gif*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Is it the photo filter?
My Linda’s are browner than that before I’ve deflated or cooked them

I wondered if she'd just microwaved them or put them straight into the slop uncooked.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I actually made my own version of a "sausage, greens & pulses" curry tonight out of sheer spite.

View attachment 393786

I don't claim to be a great cook or anything, but at least it doesn't look like compost scraps in dishwater.
Could u tell me where u got the bowls. I’m on the lookout for new ones and I like these!

Reactions: 13
There’s definitely a few vegan big hitters in the comments - one of them has nearly 30k followers and is bona fide.
It’s bad enough she isn’t vegan, it’s just insult to injury that what she’s producing looks properly foul. Why would any vegan or anyone wanting to eat more plant-based meals feel inspired by that sausage thing.
I’m not 🔺anyone but some of the hitters are or have been on here. I don’t believe this is a tattle crossover issue so much though. No one is on Jack’s social media and these are things people would feel v strongly about whether Tattle existed or not.
I’ve freely given out my insta name before so people can laugh at my slop, so you can see it’s not me, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.