Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s baffling? She does have an Essex accent (I’m an Essex girl too 🔺) but her accent isn’t coarse. My point was she always massively exaggerates her hardship, in this case by suggesting her accent (and working class background, tattoos and sexuality) is unpalatable to people/mainstream media and stops her from being taken seriously.

And the vast majority of white working class English people just would never use “Mama” because it’s either considered too posh/try hard, or like baby talk. You know what the Brits are like about class 😄
I'm from Sussex 🔺 and I can't hear any difference between Jack and young middle class women here. I think the middle class sound the same across most of the south.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm from Sussex 🔺 and I can't hear any difference between Jack and young middle class women here. I think the middle class sound the same across most of the south.
Yeh, she would say she's from 'Southend' whereas I would say 'saaaafend' 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 28
why does it look like an ad for one of those alarms for elderly people when they fall over?

"nanna jack, 42, would be stuck on the floor forever without her trusty senior alarm"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
I see the life saving Mediterranean arse is making a huge appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
What in the name of all that is holy would possess her to take a staged "napping at my desk because I'm so hardworking" pic and post it to 325k people. She truly can't help herself, and has gone so far beyond any memes we could ever make of her now. I cannot stop laughing at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I think @holliebollie has called it up thread and there has been a lot of breadcrumbing of the forever house 🤮 being just around the corner.

It reminds me a lot of the £20 shops in the way Jack underpins the Tory bootstrapping ethos, that even if you have 'nothing', to the point where you are shaking that tip jar/begging bowl, you can still buy a house and live happily ever after if you just try a little bit harder.

If she had any comprehension of how poverty actually works, she'd know that many of us with mortgages partly or fully paid off live in complete fear of the roof being damaged in a storm, the washing machine going on fire while we're out, losing work through becoming disabled or living with a condition that takes years to refer, investigate, diagnose and treat, giving up work to care for an elderly relative, or having to leave your job because they've changed your hours (oh wait a minute...), because all of those things can take away the financial security that you think you have in your forever home, in an instant. Costs associated with home ownership don't magically evaporate once you've planted your stupid flower in the garden.
Unless you’re conning every gullible f****r possible to pay for it (tip jar rattler extraordinaire)

• Sad
Reactions: 23
One of the following things happened here:
- Jack took the photo herself on a timer. (Pathetic.)
- SB took the photo while she slept. (Sad and worrying for SB, who as she likes to remind us, is only 10.)
- LC took the photo while she slept. (Unlikely because she's a grown up and BUSY.)

None of the options are great really.

ETA: tit, I forgot Cooper...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
Wow. Just got round to watching this. I thought this eejit was in the midst of writing a poverty tome yet can't answer a simple question like "what practical measures would you like to see" and instead waffles crap for minutes, and no Jack, sorry, vouchers are a sticking plaster not a long term solution to poverty!

My god BBC get a grip and stop booking this fool!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
E8A7CCB4-7E0B-45EE-AB6A-982401D49379.jpg

WAKE UP! 🎺
Do some cooking or something useful. Remember tins/lockdown/bootstrap style cooking? No, I thought not.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This entry is about Jack's regret at not voting in the 2010 general election, or "recently" (I assume in local elections), and she encourages others to vote. She seems to support Labour, Lib Dems and the Greens. (Oh and that she'd lived in her flat for 5 months. That's a long time for someone who moved 24 times during The Poverty).

https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...ck.com/2012/03/05/voting-why-should-i-bother/

During the arguments with Corbynites, didn't she claim she had always voted Labour? Did she ever say she didn't vote in 2010?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.