Jack Monroe #134 Suffer the little squiggles, for I am The Poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she just completely ditched her life’s work, the powerful and peripatetic #thundercrap ??

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
A couple of people on my timeline have hashtagged Thunderclap. Not one of them has tagged Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
She said the rent cheque had bounced for the last 6 months 🤷‍♀️
Hmm could be true, it could explain some of the manic spending and the imminent move. She was advised constantly to prioritise rent and bills over luxury purchases. Surely this will plunge her further into debt and possibly explains the £20 shops.

Reactions: 19
Not to bring the mood down but I really really hope SB is at his dads this week.
Given about how much she wangs on about single parenthood, I'd guess that like Mad Vonny, she isn't the main caregiver.

Reactions: 28
One week, one bleeping week. HOW IS SHE STILL A THING?

Best for Britain must be over the moon they teamed up with her. They're stuck doing this performative crap every Thursday now 😂

IMG_20210114_200758.png

Any word on the Del Monte brand partnership or is it dead in the water too?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
The recaps on these threads are great work. I followed her on Twitter for about 6 months last year, originally sucked in by some of the work she was doing that looked great but soon got tired of the vast amounts of attention seeking, contradictory bullshit and couldn't be doing with seeing it anymore. Enjoyed following these threads over Xmas/NY break after discovering I was far from alone in this, but absolutely can't keep up anymore with her rate of activity whilst I'm now supposed to be working :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
I didn't realise it was possible to be this mortified for someone I don't even know!

Also - imagine being Head of News and Current Affairs at Channel 4 News with a US President who has just been impeached for a second time, an attempted coup of Capitol Hill last week, a presidential inauguration next week, a global pandemic and this all going on in the background 🤯🤯

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Reading through the judgement of the case against Katie Hopkins, it's clear that Hopkins not being present to speak at the court affected her case badly, as she wasn't able to explain her words.

The judge was also dismissive of Hopkin's defense saying that Jack was revelling in the prospect of suing her, and Jack's obvious happiness showed that she wasn't upset. The judge just said that people react differently to upset, so Jack's documented glee didn't matter. The judge also decided that Jack wasn't dishonest in saying that she'd received a "torrent" of abuse, despite a complete lack of evidence of this, and her deleting a lot of evidence. He said that "torrent" was a figure of speech, or something. (ETA - he noted that Jack's carefully curated evidence of the "abuse" she'd allegedly suffered was a selection of messages that were nothing to do with what Hopkins said. To me that is an obvious attempt at manipulation on Jack's part.) He also dismissed Hopkin's team's assertion that there was no evidence that Jack's reputation was actually harmed.

The judge clearly gave Jack the benefit of the doubt a lot. It's regrettable that she won, even against Hopkins. It sets a dangerous precedent for free speech and has made Jack feel invincible.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.