Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
I was born in 1986, and I know nothing about Counting Crows. Are they the "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot" ones? I once saw a CD of theirs at my cousin's house. He was 9 years older than me.

Jack was born in 1988. Why does she have the musical tastes of someone so much older? Be honest Jack, you spent your teens listening to So Solid Crew! I got 21 sideboards to go...

• Haha
Reactions: 76

waffle maker

VIP Member
I'm a Fauvid 19 truther now.

The evidence:

No test described or alluded to. No test results shown.

Vaugue timeline- mixing up 2 weeks 3 weeks etc.

Symptoms don't add up (eg hiding under weighted blanket with fever)

No mention of SB testing, not being able to go to his dad's etc.

Coming and going of BB/ housemate/ Head of Channel 4 news/ Brexit tin theif Louisa Compton.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

SoulRebel

VIP Member
nothing against the actual band just think it's hardly an edgy, alternative or original idea for a huge tattoo.
I don't understand a lot of the tattoo talk. I like having tattoos done and no doubt people may think that my big lotus flowers on my lower back with my girls' initials, daft ladybird on my arse, line of names on my inner arm and left arm cuff and lacy sleeve aren't edgy, alternative or original. They are just my tattoos, I don't need to justify or explain them or why I had them done. I think that Jack's are a bit messy but nothing more.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

MancBee

VIP Member
Well I have just read that Blind Date thing in the Guardian (I couldn't justify calling it an article). What a load of safe, cosy, nonsense. Ooooo I said a rude word, aren't I pushing boundaries? It wouldn't have been risqué 30 years ago, never mind 2021. I have read Jack's Twitter comment about it being "peak lesbianism" and I am cringing myself inside out for her.

Jack needs to start living in the here and now, not some 1970's sitcom where lesbianism is something to snigger at, or a straight man's fantasy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73

Mogmog

Chatty Member
Hello long time lurker, first time poster here!!

Why does Jack insist on reminding everyone that SHE LEFT but then drop weirdly specific details about BB? So far BB *just happens* to have the same age, cycling hobbies and dietary requirements as her ex (I'm sure there's more too I just have baby brain). Her latest tweet is about SB making potatoes supervised by 'a 44 year old' - why mention age? Why not just say supervised, full stop? Why drop these mysterious breadcrumbs?

The only real difference is that Louisa is obviously a very intelligent, accomplished woman and BB is - according to Jack - feral.

• Haha
Reactions: 72

MancBee

VIP Member

I've just listened to this radio play based on Jack's life. I'm assuming she oked the content since there is a picture of her with the people doing the voices.

To cut a long story short Grandma is a religious nutter who goes around protesting a psychic every Sunday, she is also a massive homophobe and snob who can't accept her grandaughter is a lesbian. Jack loves lecturing grandma about cooking and loved to cook soda bread because grandma was too batshit to have yeast or yoghurt in the kitchen because they are alive.

Grandma is proud of hero Jack with the £27K job in the fire service* but not happy when she starts blogging about poverty because it makes her look bad and she is ashamed of her tattoos. Grandma disowns her but Jack eventually she wins back her love when she gets her fortun and mason award. Cue inspirational story about how a single mum on benefits can make it so anyone can.

If I was her family I would be fur
I have tried to listen to that podcast, it just comes over as fantasy. It just doesn't appear to be a believable representation of the real life Jack had at the time. The Grandma appears to be living in the 1940's, Jack seems to be a 50 year old living in a 20 something body, and all the other characters seem to be props to prove what a wonderful person Jack truly is. Nothing sounds as if it is even loosely based in truth. Her portrayal of everyone in that podcast is just so cliched, everyone conforming to a stereotype not seen outside a 60's kitchen sink drama.

It is like Jack wants to portray her life as someone born in the 1960's when having a baby out of wedlock was the worst thing that could happen to a woman. In fact, the "drama documentary" of Jack's life sounds more like Cathy Come Home, or A Taste of Honey. Don't forget, this played out in 2010, Gay characters were everywhere on TV, even in soap operas, tattoos were de rigour. There was even a trans character in Corry for goodness sake.

Yes there was, and still is, prejudice, that will never change. However the way Jack paints the picture, everyone was against her. It just doesn't ring true, like most things in her life.

ETA, during my younger years, assisting on the phone lines at CHE (campaign for homosexual equality in the 60's and 70's) I heard terrible stories of how families reacted when told they were gay. Real true stories of abuse, disowning, attempts at curing them. You could tell that these stories were true, it has given me the ability to sniff out imposters, when someone was saying things just to "fit in". My senses sniffed Jack out years ago.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I think we can assume she’s quietly and furtively closed the conversation down on the ‘rona and is moving on hoping it doesn’t get mentioned again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

NP

VIP Member
Jack’s wedding invite would absolutely have one of those poems that basically ask you for money instead of presents.

“Our wedding is set,
For a day bright and sunny,
Do NOT bring gifts,
Just give me your money”

• Haha

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I'm really glad JM has the guts to speak out about the tyranny of Big Tin Opener.

It's brilliant because she would never produce a recipe that included, for example, an expensive bullet blender, or a mere seven slow cookers. She's very consistent you see.

• Haha
  • Heart

ReginaPhalangee

VIP Member
to put some perspective, she’s done far worse things than get some tattoos that aren’t to everyone’s taste

• Heart