Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does this make me laugh so much, every time šŸ˜‚

Anyway I'm glad it does because her cancer cosplay photo has made me feel really quite upset and angry.
I had a really horrible, stressful anxiety dream last night that I had cancer and I blame her because I go so cross about that photo! Vile woman.

I had a really horrible, stressful, anxiety dream last night that I had cancer and I blame her because I got so cross about that photo! Vile woman.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
If anyone wants some light relief from all of this, head over to Miguel Barclayā€™s stories.

Letā€™s just say it involves him taking rubbish off the street to pretend to recycle in order for him to nick a cable from a tv that someone has dumped at the tip.

Beats cartoon nutribullet blending any day.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I've just checked out their copyrights page. As far as I understand the term 'veganuary ' isn't copyrighted, but all their content and visuals are. As Poca said, once again she's wording things very carefully to imply she's doing something for the official campaign without violating any rules. There'd be many ways she could be clearer, but of course she chooses not to.
The only way to combat this is to wait.
She'll start hashtagging Veganuary but not adding the '@' Some brave squiggle will mention that she's not actually 'collab-ing' with them. Then all the flying monkey squiggles will start a pileon and THAT is when you need to tag Veganuary.
She will then be forced to say she's not 'collab-ing' (just bleeping say 'collaboration' you melt)
However, she will then start with the 'I didn't say i was collab-ing NOW I was collab-ing THEN but we thought it might bring to much attention to me and it's not fair on BAME chefs and anyway you're all RACIST'

or something like that...

ETA my phone now recognises 'collab-ing'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
The great Kickstarter disaster does need bringing up again. People who paid 4-5 years ago are probably feeling the pinch by now and thinking they would like to see some value from that, even to help if they are now using a food bank themselves...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Still, it would be good for Veganuary to make it clear that she shouldn't be using their hashtag to punt whatever it is she's punting, given the fact she's attempting to piggyback on them to make some cash when she clearly doesn't give a f*ck about it for the other 11 12 months of the year.
Fixed that for you. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 24
People backed her to the tune of about 68k and she still hasnā€™t done anything about that? How is there not more outrage about this! What happens to that money then, is she holding on to it or has it vanished? I have so many questions šŸ˜²

View attachment 363488View attachment 363557

The scam where it all began .....
ā€˜Kin ā€˜ell Ā£68000? How the absolute buggery duck has she got away with this? I canā€™t even...

Thatā€™s twice the annual income of both me and Mr WT. And yet there she is unable to afford butter, feeding her son bollock sausages and dangling her flaps over a bleeping cotswold sideboard like none of it matters. CHRIST Iā€™M ANGRY NOW.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
The great Kickstarter disaster does need bringing up again. People who paid 4-5 years ago are probably feeling the pinch by now and thinking they would like to see some value from that, even to help if they are now using a food bank themselves...
It absolutely needs mentioning. Let us not forget Jack Monroe fleeced Ā£68k out of the public. SIXTY EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS.
She made Ā£68,000 out of needy, desperate people and did not give them anything in return.
No refund.
No apology.
Just threats and pile ons when they politely asked where their books were. She is a thief and a fraud and I will never understand why she isn't in prison.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Sheā€™d probably go for it if the price is right. Letā€™s do a Kickstarter
You know very well there would be a chaos and last min cancellation.
Maybe on standby chimps in a zoo to fling ingredients into a bucket to ā€œcreate recipesā€

• Haha
Reactions: 23
ā€˜Kin ā€˜ell Ā£68000? How the absolute buggery duck has she got away with this? I canā€™t even...

Thatā€™s twice the annual income of both me and Mr WT. And yet there she is unable to afford butter, feeding her son bollock sausages and dangling her flaps over a bleeping cotswold sideboard like none of it matters. CHRIST Iā€™M ANGRY NOW.
I think this grift is what made a lot of folk cotton on to the fact that she is a fraud, myself included.

Luckily I got my money back, complete with gaslighting email 'how dare you ask for your money back/what about the copies I was giving to foodbanks' etc.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 92
I think this grift is what made a lot of folk cotton on to the fact that she is a fraud, myself included.

Luckily I got my money back, complete with gaslighting email 'how dare you ask for your money back/what about the copies I was giving to foodbanks' etc.
Have you still got this / could we please see the content? If it wasnā€™t a mass mailer donā€™t post it tho in case she doxxes you x

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Iā€™m about to dive into fish and chips for tea, loads of salt and vinegar and curry sauce on the side šŸ˜Š.

Did olā€™ Virus Vera acknowledge her taste function has returned or has the ā€˜impaired pigeon eyesightā€™ mean she was able to sidestep that question?

• Haha
Reactions: 35

No way?! Really? You actually got that reply? (not doubting you at all, Iā€™m just incredulous she thought that was acceptable)

Wow. Just wow!! Iā€™m so sorry you had that experience.

Reactions: 47
Have you still got this / could we please see the content? If it wasnā€™t a mass mailer donā€™t post it tho in case she doxxes you x
Just looking in my old email, but not sure if I do, I've deleted some of them - lots of excuses, I must have had more emails about this project than actual work! Got one where she blames the delay on people being mean to her on the Kickstarter page because she'd ripped them off... text below

Dear all,
I understand your frustrations that the book has run so late. As I have said in almost every update so far, I was overly ambitious in trying to do it on my own in six months.

My first book took 18 months, and a team of 20 people, and a professional publisher, to get out. I have assigned someone to deal with emails so if you email directly for an update, you will get a response. I oversee this and am satisfied that Victoria handles these queries swiftly and effectively. We made a decision months ago ā€“ after this ā€˜wallā€™ descended into a handful of quite unpleasant troublemakers ā€“ not to try to intervene with it, because it impacted on my ability to do the work I needed to complete the book (imagine working in an office where people walked in all day screaming at you how rubbish you are...) and we left you to it. I am sad to see that people who took their refunds months ago are still here stirring the pot. The book is complete. The recipes have been done, triple tested, edited. The illustrations have been scanned in. The printer has been chosen. The envelopes are being written. I have met with my editor and we are excited because it is beautiful and we are proud of it. In our last meeting we emphasised that it absolutely has to be on your doormats by Christmas. I am doing everything I can to make that so. I apologise for my arthritis holding me back, I cannot type as fast or as furiously as I once could. I apologise for being anxious and depressive. I apologise for ill health, my tumultuous life, and for trying to run before I could walk. I thank those of you who have hung in ā€“ 99% of you have stuck this out with me ā€“ and your books are almost ready.

Jack

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 118
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.