Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Finally I am getting into the festive mood!
What are we all doing at Christmas? Locking ourselves in the bathroom, possibly at the in-laws, to sing Pie Jesu in a Coven zoom conference? Only that we would not be able to sing bc of...laughter.
If only, funnily enough singing is one thing I have missed this year and no carol concerts 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

Sentient mirror

I've got a few pages to catch up, but I wanted the share this photo of the angel from the top of our tree. She fell off the tree today and both her arms broke off in bits. I've glued/sellotaped them back on, but instead of praying, she now looks like she's doing a slow, sarcastic handclap and she is totally a Frau! OMG, she's lost a bit of eye too :oops:
View attachment 349551
It's Sallie Axl! Whoops wrong thread...

• Haha

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
I love to mop gravy up with bread, it's my guilty pleasure. When I visit my partner's (upper) middle class parents, it's all I can do to stop myself nipping to the kitchen mid meal for a slice. I could just imagine their faces. :eek:
It's the bread or licking the plate!

• Haha

Schnorbitz

Chinese wholesaler style shops do pretty good prawns!
True, I get them from a place online called Wai Yee Hong which is in Bristol I think, I’ve used them loads over lockdown and they’re great, they even come in little prawny shapes and you can use them in paella etc. too.

• Heart

Squandaaaaa

Only veggie rather than vegan but I will marry/shag/worship/whatever they want the person who comes up a decent faux prawn cocktail. There's not really much other meat I miss but that does cause me to have impure thoughts.
Chinese wholesaler style shops do pretty good prawns!

• Wow
Reactions: 12

Narc ahoy

Cabal, what does lard actually taste like? I have never consumed it, and only heard of it used in reference to bad things. I didn't know anyone seriously ate it this century.

Narc ahoy

This made me laugh out loud!!

And this made me run for the bathroom 😂😂😂

Does anyone else think the way Louisa worded her tweet was strange? She didn't say she tested positive or that she had corona. She simply said "a positive corona test result".

Maybe Louisa isn't positive. Jack may or may not be. Maybe it's SB since the story started with him/his teacher. So Louisa is just saying "oh great, sharing a house with corona. Happy Birthday to me", kinda..
Yes, I get the impression that Louisa has had a positive test but does not have symptoms, at least not currently. Lots of people are asymptomatic. Also, some tests are false positives.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Sorry to be a Jack apologist (again) but there was a very brief period in the 90s when they brought Lucky Charms out in the UK. They weren’t cheap but it wasn’t like, £8 a box like you see in American Candy shops etc.

I know this because I pestered my mum to buy some for about three solid months after the tv adverts (I even still remember the song) and when she finally relented they were absolutely mingin and I didn’t eat more than half a bowl. She was FEWMIN.

I’m a year older than Jack so it’s probably stuck in the minds of 5-7 year olds who were slightly fixated on Americana.

Regardless, she’s still middle class and still a cunt.
Yes! I remember the advert and the jingle too!

• Haha

Eurgh

VIP Member
Under no circumstances buy the Sophie’s Kitchen vegan prawns. They were reduced to 50p a bag in Sainsbury’s so I bought four. They resemble a less edible elastic band.
The Fry’s tempura prawns are dirty and delicious. Don’t remember the taste of actual prawns though so I can’t vouch for their accuracy!

The joke implies that her relatives can't possibly be British, as you can't deport British people. I have no clue about Priti Patel's family situation, but I suspect, like her, they are British.

It's def BNP playbook to suggest that anyone who doesn't look like Hugh Grant or Lily Cole can't be British.
I'd have made that joke about Teresa May when she was Home Secretary - or David Blunkett.

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
I disagree, Harry. I think British people wield their famed sense of humour like a shield and we (yes) absolutely need calling out when we’re being unfunny, offensive arseholes.

ich liebe dich. ❤

ETA - In case it wasn’t clear I meant I disagree you should keep quiet!
but but but ultimately we, non-Brits like Harry and I, are here for the British humour.

Dared to make an assumption that this statement is true for @Harrybosch , hence the "we".

• Heart