Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pantomimehorse

She is absolutely full of shite isn’t she. My 3 yr old son has a atrial septal defect (two bottom ventricles in his heart have a small hole) and he isn’t top of the fucking list!
sorry she just makes me angry.
exactly ! does anyone have a screen grab of the top of the list bollocks? cant find it

Reactions: 11

MancBee

VIP Member
It’s just stork. Baking fat.
And there does seem to be a place for lard, I’m sure @MancBee is right, it’s a type of fat which has its place in a meat pie pastry. But not in my side veg!
Edit to add- see also-suet.
Ooooo I love suet pastry, I haven't made it in ages. I can only imagine Jack's recipe for a suet crust pie.

Narc ahoy

sorry am only an occasional visitor to this thread now - is she back with louisa??
Kind of: Louisa was Jack's "bubble buddy", a.k.a. BB. She was spending 4 days aweek at Jack's. Now Louisa has tested positive for covid they're all isolating together.

• Haha
  • Wow

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
Lard definitely has its place.....just not in gravy.

My late grandmother used to roast her potatoes in it, I prefer beef dripping. Hiwever with lard my Nan used to add her saved fat which had a lot of flavour.

I have lard in the fridge but no baking spread or I might consider taking one for the team and making the horrific sounding gravy.
If you do then I will be fascinated to hear the report!

Reactions: 10

Imainlylurk

Great choice. I will crack open my vintage Kombucha, and devour it with a light as a feather traybake. 24 minutes onwards - lard is ruled out at 26m 40s.

I can't verify that sorry, I couldn't bear to watch after the most awkward transition in the history of television; excessive pen fiddling, Jack chucking something across the table, muttering "great"...full body cringe territory....

• Haha

Minky McMoneypenny

I really, really want someone to make this gravy. I have all the ingredients (including lard, but I will explain) but I can't justify the waste of onions, cranberry sauce and chicken stock. Please will someone try it, or I might be forced to have a go myself.

I use lard for pastry making. Half lard and half butter makes a really good shortcrust pastry. Perfect texture, and taste, especially for savory pies. I have kept quiet over these past few pages, as everyone seems horrified that anyone could still be using it. Sorry (I'm not really).

ETA, My Mum used to roast potatoes in lard, and the chip pan always had lard in it. Her roasts and chips were really good, but she knew what she was doing. Alternatives were thin on the ground back in the post war 50's and 60's. Even she wouldn't use lard in a gravy or sauce.
I'm collecting dripping and bacon fat in a pot ready for my xmas roasties!

• Heart

istapp

sorry am only an occasional visitor to this thread now - is she back with louisa??

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Does anyone else think the way Louisa worded her tweet was strange? She didn't say she tested positive or that she had corona. She simply said "a positive corona test result".

Maybe Louisa isn't positive. Jack may or may not be. Maybe it's SB since the story started with him/his teacher. So Louisa is just saying "oh great, sharing a house with corona. Happy Birthday to me", kinda..
Maybe, somebody she has been working with has a positive test? And she now has to isolate? Maybe JM/bb haven’t had results yet? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 9