Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From that article, this part here ...
View attachment 347829

... puts me in mind of those 'chessboard on the ceiling' scenes from The Queen's Gambit. Now all I can see is Jack, reclining Cotswold-ily upon a sideboard, staring up at a rotating carousel of slop.
Apart from there’s only six items rotating around - and one of them is a pepper grinder

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Ahahaha surprise and delight. Of course you would assume that's what they were thinking. Try bemusement and horror.
If they were all so surprised and delighted, why is it not a single one has taken on board her maverick ways of doing things? Not one, not a single one. If what she was doing was so good, they would all be doing it. They don't because it tastes awful.

I have never seen another chef put raw flour, milk and oil in a blender to make a white sauce. I have never seen another chef use long grain rice for a risotto. I have never heard another chef say olive oil doesn't taste nice so use any oil...........but they were all surprised and delighted with her ideas on food preparation and recipe creations.

Sure Jan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Here is the peach and chickpea curry. My husband is a good cook and vegetarian. He added curry powder for flavour, and didn’t stir in the coriander. It smells great. I’m disappointed it’s not worse.
I'm putting this being nice on your husband's cooking skills rather than the actual recipe.

Reactions: 26
That article is full of priceless anecdotes, most of which do not ring true but cannot be proved or disproved. The one about the school governors saying they will "bring her down a peg or two" seems so unlikely. Surely the school would be proud to have a high achiever to boast about.

Another one that jumped out at me was that she is a loner and prefers locking herself away. So self isolating for 10 days will be a doddle. What's all fuss about?
That article is 99% fantasy. It's embarrassing, but bleeping funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
From that article, this part here ...
View attachment 347829

... puts me in mind of those 'chessboard on the ceiling' scenes from The Queen's Gambit. Now all I can see is Jack, reclining Cotswold-ily upon a sideboard, staring up at a rotating carousel of slop.
"...and I will instantly send back a menu plan." Instantly? When the duck does she do anything instantly? 😂 More likely a squiggle will get a "leave it with me, I'm on it", never to be mentioned again. I do believe chippy chips man is still waiting?

I've not read the article as I get the feeling it's going to give me the rage 😬.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
That article is such a heap of shite. So glad I cancelled my Guardian subscription last year. Creating slop is not a superpower.

I struggle to believe she is autistic. I don't want to say more than that. But even if she is, the whole article is just "me, me, me" with zero fact checking, blatantly makes no sense, and adds nothing of importance to the conversation. It's just more wallowing in victimhood.
Agee with this comment fully. Especially the bit about The Guardian, they lost their 'respected news source' badge bleeping years ago.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I genuinely believe she has researched the illnesses she claims to have to such an extent she manifests as having them - when in actual reality she genuinely believes the lies she tells the world are true.

I don’t know why, but in my mind I think she doesn’t have ADHD or autism, she just says she has and makes up scenarios to demonstrate she has. If she did have either, she wouldn’t know what had hit her.
This reminds me of Ratched on Netflix. Her brother tries to get diagnosed as insane as then he can't get the death penalty. So he presents as he thinks a "mad" person would, but the psychiatrist dismisses it saying that no genuine person has all the traits, so he is clearly faking it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
If they were all so surprised and delighted, why is it not a single one has taken on board her maverick ways of doing things? Not one, not a single one. If what she was doing was so good, they would all be doing it. They don't because it tastes awful.

I have never seen another chef put raw flour, milk and oil in a blender to make a white sauce. I have never seen another chef use long grain rice for a risotto. I have never heard another chef say olive oil doesn't taste nice so use any oil...........but they were all surprised and delighted with her ideas on food preparation and recipe creations.

Sure Jan.
I’ve never known anyone of Mediterranean heritage say olive oil doesn’t taste nice. Whether it’s because it has to be from x place or x type, or from their village/ family olive trees....especially in Greece and Cyprus. Even the standard stuff gets mixed with Italian because “theirs is inferior”, it’s like asking a Brit about the weather. If it’s not nice, you haven’t had the right one, apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.