Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
]

This recipe was originally written as an ode to *a* Mrs J, of course. Poor non-affluent Mrs J...Allegra and Louisa got come-to-bed pastas along with wine and Peggy Fitzgerald, she gets oats and water flung in a microwave 🥴 View attachment 301229
Jackbots operating reverse shrinkflatiron, In this version it’s 10p in today’s it 3p how does she do it? Stealing water maybe? 🤔

agree with whoever said porridge with water is just slop yuch

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Pantomimehorse

Ugh she's one of those people who's together with someone for, like, two weeks before she starts rearranging their entire lives to the way *she* thinks they ought to do things, isn't she?

My first real adult job pay was straight on food and rent. My first teenage job pay was almost certainly splurged on mediocre hot chocolate from somewhere like Costa. Why is she so fucking weird?

Oh your poor dog ☹ I hope he's recovered okay this morning.

I think despite what Vonny is saying, there is actually a lot of compassion and care for people (with autism or otherwise) who can't cope with loud bangs? And as you say, it's understood and even in circumstances where it isn't, there are ways to mitigate the impact. I used to work (yeeeears ago) with a 6 year old with autism who had a lot of sensory problems and found fireworks really hard. His mum had ear defenders, a weighted blanket and a bunch of his favourite food, books and toys for fireworks night/NYE. Not saying fireworks will ever be his ideal evening, but as he got older he started actively becoming involved with planning how to distract himself. Same went for thunder storms. Animals are very different to humans, Vonny. Give people credit.

Sorry, mega post. I'm procrastinating.
I'm so thick I didn't realise what Mrs J stood for until I read this !

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Lanie

VIP Member
Her Bessie mate Edwina is on telly right now. I hope she's giving her the attention she deserves.

• Haha
Reactions: 10