J. K. Rowling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you’re posting her retweets to back what she started.....
Which started here, which her usual condescending, patronising off putting personality

View attachment 148690
But she was saying that in relation to the article entitled "Creating a more equal post-Covid-19 world for people who menstruate," so her tweet wasn't exactly out of nowhere. It was a response to that article.

Reactions: 11
Biological sex isn't binary either. It's not xy or xx, there can be all sorts of combinations, xxy, xyy, x etc alll of which can result in a variety of sex characteristics,. So saying all those that menstruate are women is very ignorant

And reading back through the comments can people please stop saying gender dysphoria is a mental illness. It makes it sound as though a few pills and some counselling is all that is needed. It can be the cause of mental health issues

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Biological sex isn't binary either. It's not xy or xx, there can be all sorts of combinations, xxy, xyy, x etc alll of which can result in a variety of sex characteristics,. So saying all those that menstruate are women is very ignorant

And reading back through the comments can people please stop saying gender dysphoria is a mental illness. It makes it sound as though a few pills and some counselling is all that is needed. It can be the cause of mental health issues
Nah, I am sorry people BORN a woman with a vagina, cervix, womb, ovaries, etc are the ones who menstruate. No one else. This mentality is getting too far and radical now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

On rare occasions you get hermaphrodites. It is rare and has nothing to do with gender dysphoria.

Why? How can you possibly be ok with men and women wanting to disfigure their healthy bodies? It is mental illness to want to be castrated or to have your breasts removed.

Many trans people have severe mental illnesses. Why shouldn't this be talked about?

As someone who has struggled with eating disorders it is not ok to sit back and indulge it or encourage me to not eat. It's also fucked up to say it's not a mental illness simply so it doesn't offend me...jeez

May I add that the trans narrative has escalated so far BECAUSE it is men peddling their (male) rights and voice....and of course men get the exposure, air time, rights blah blah blah
Ultimately if you unpick the obvious it's men fighting for their rights.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
On rare occasions you get hermaphrodites. It is rare and has nothing to do with gender dysphoria.

Why? How can you possibly be ok with men and women wanting to disfigure their healthy bodies? It is mental illness to want to be castrated or to have your breasts removed.

Many trans people have severe mental illnesses. Why shouldn't this be talked about?

As someone who has struggled with eating disorders it is not ok to sit back and indulge it or encourage me to not eat. It's also fucked up to say it's not a mental illness simply so it doesn't offend me...jeez
I think anyone who felt they were born in the wrong body would understandably have mental health issues.
Having to hide the way they feel & as this thread shows not everyone is loving & supportive of the trans community

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Quite the massive leap there to eating disorders which are classified as a mental illness which have nothing to do with my post.

Many trans people have mental illnesses as a result of their gender dysphoria and feeling unable to get access to a body they feel happy with.

Read about turner's syndrome, triple x, kilnefelter etc. Rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And these have nothing to do with gender dysphoria. I was simply showing that biological sex isn't binary.

Reactions: 4
But she was saying that in relation to the article entitled "Creating a more equal post-Covid-19 world for people who menstruate," so her tweet wasn't exactly out of nowhere. It was a response to that article.
An article she chose to retweet with a bitchy comment.
She knows what she’s doing,
She strikes a match, throws it and watches the flames, it’s not the first time she’s done it.

I’m not touching the topic, not my beef, not my chicken not my tofu.
Do what you want and call yourself what you want 🤷‍♀️ None of my business.

I’m talking about her personality and I stand by what i say about her. She’s a bitter woman with a nasty personality

Reactions: 6
A healthy body is not one that drives a person to suicide. Yes, mental health is a struggle when you are a trans person suffering with gender dysphoria, but that is exactly why this kind of language is harmful. It doesn't help anyone. Have your opinions about "healthy bodies" being "disfigured" but remember all of the especially young trans people who put themselves through hell just to feel safe and happy in their own mind and body. What a person does with their body to make themselves feel like "them" is really none of your concern, nor mine.

Trans people need acceptance, love and a little bit of empathy. Goes a long way. Much further than the kind of comments I've read on this thread. I hope to god no trans person ends up on this thread, given the cruel nature of most of the comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Quite the massive leap there to eating disorders which are classified as a mental illness which have nothing to do with my post.

Many trans people have mental illnesses as a result of their gender dysphoria and feeling unable to get access to a body they feel happy with.

Read about turner's syndrome, triple x, kilnefelter etc. Rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And these have nothing to do with gender dysphoria. I was simply showing that biological sex isn't binary.
Not a leap. There is research suggesting that many of those with gender d

You cannot actually have any dialogue or debate with such ridiculous conclusions.

Trans can do want they want ....lop off their willy , be mentally unwell, feel a victim but when grown men use my showers or toilets duck right off.
I've experienced it several times and it's an invasion of space and safety. Women's rights are at the bottom of the pile.

Last star was Caitlin Jenner being made woman of the year, in sexy lingerie, pouting on the front of a magazine. It's disagraceful.
This is what our girls have as an example of a 'woman' we must aspire to be.

Men rule and unbelievably some woman allow it under the belief they are helping everyone ...luv you're fuelling misogyny and allowing men to keep us down

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She strikes a match, throws it and watches the flames, it’s not the first time she’s done it.

I’m talking about her personality and I stand by what i say about her. She’s a bitter woman with a nasty personality
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've seen far nastier, disgusting tit thrown at her by trans people, and at others who even slightly disagree with them, than anything she herself has said about trans people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
To be honest my consideration and empathy doesn't lie with trans but with women.

Anyone who wants to be educated and really understand where many women are coming from (and perhaps support women's rights and not men) please go to YouTube and Magdalene Burns RIP 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 26

You cannot actually have any dialogue or debate with such ridiculous conclusions.

Trans can do want they want ....lop off their willy , be mentally unwell, feel a victim but when grown men use my showers or toilets duck right off.
I've experienced it several times and it's an invasion of space and safety. Women's rights are at the bottom of the pile.

Last star was Caitlin Jenner being made woman of the year, in sexy lingerie, pouting on the front of a magazine. It's disagraceful.

Men rule and unbelievably some woman allow it under the belief they are helping everyone ...luv you're fuelling misogyny and allowing men to keep us down
tbf theres no point arguing with transphobic people as same as racists its unlikely they'll change their view.

Reactions: 3

this is what I feel too.

Even if she has that belief the way she said it was just bitchy and she knew exactly what she was doing by saying it. The topic isn't one I fully understand myself so I don't want to give an uneducated opinion on it but the comment was definitely bitchy and unnecessary. It was clearly written just to start something

Reactions: 4
tbf theres no point arguing with transphobic people as same as racists its unlikely they'll change their view.
Could say the same about you and your sexist views - transgender ideology is inherently sexist.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Could say the same about you and your sexist views - transgender ideology is inherently sexist.
well thats 1 word I can honestly say i've never been called. If being supportive of the Trans community makes me sexist though i'll take that insult with pride

• Heart
this is what I feel too.

Even if she has that belief the way she said it was just bitchy and she knew exactly what she was doing by saying it. The topic isn't one I fully understand myself so I don't want to give an uneducated opinion on it but the comment was definitely bitchy and unnecessary. It was clearly written just to start something
exact same 👍
its why I keep making the point I’m not going near the trans topic. I don’t know enough to have an informed opinion.

I do know JK did what JK does.
finds a target and tweets.

Conflating two different issues is a bit weak and and really lazy. But if you wanna mention race...

Let's use the trans argument:
Born in the wrong body and I 'feel' a woman.

Let's apply that argument say to race...no one would stand for someone saying I was born in the wrong race and allow someone to darken their skin and appropriate as say Nigerian if they were of white European decent. It'd be weird and embarrassing and ridiculous.

Look at Rachel Dolezar...she pretended to be African American but in fact was white. She had darkend her skin, had corn rows etc

There was uproar. She has no clue what it is to be an African American.

But if a woman calls out a man for appropriating as a woman we're transphobic

well thats 1 word I can honestly say i've never been called. If being supportive of the Trans community makes me sexist though i'll take that insult with pride
You're proud to be sexist??? What???

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Again you've read my post and drawn some hysterical conclusions. I've not said anything about women's rights, you have no idea what my thoughts are on it. I've just pointed out that gender dysphoria is not a mental illness and that biological sex is not binary. Stop trying to put words in my mouth thank you.

I think back to the heady days of the 1990s when the majority of men you weren't interested in and were getting a bit creepy would at least duck off if you told them you were lesbian if you were with a female friend (even if you weren't gay or 'with' that friend). At least then, to be told 'That's OK, I'm a lesbian too' as per Jim Davidson, you could tell them to duck off and the chances were that you'd be supported by everybody else in having autonomy over your own body and choices. And if that didn't work, you could hide in the bogs without them following you or get the bouncer/staff to remove them for hassling you.

These days, not wanting to sleep with somebody seems to be OK, as long as it isn't somebody who was born in a male body (and may very well still have one), at which point it becomes an act of psychic violence towards the other person that has to met with misogynistic insults (bleep seems to be the most frequent one) and threats of violence and of being destroyed in terms of home, employment and safety.

It's very reminiscent of Incel language. It's very reminiscent of the language of a rape culture. A toxic male culture.

Just as NAMALT, NATWALT. But some very vocal ones, some very powerful ones, are.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think transphobic is too strong a word for how a lot of women are feeling. I’m happy to be polite and use female pronouns for someone who feels they are a woman despite biologically not being one. I’m happy to pretend I can’t see the stubble or the wig or the ill fitting clothes on the people who do not pass well. Why would I want to hurt someone who is clearly mentally unwell?

But there’s a line to be drawn when women are losing their rights. When women can’t compete in sports without biologically male people being allowed to join in. When women can’t use a changing room knowing there are no penises present. When women can’t access a rape support group because visibly biological males are allowed to attend. When lesbians are called TERFs for not wanting to have sex with a penis.

JK might be a tit stirrer but at least there’s someone publicly saying the things a lot of women are thinking.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.